You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Yet another Beyond Good & Evil thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 07:38 AM   #21

Are you having trouble with the camera moving on its own? I played the XBOX version and I don't think I had to move the camera that much because it was always in a good position. Granted if you just wanted to get the layout of the room with out moving it is nice to swing around.

Jake, that kind of thing doesn't happen that often. The Black Isle dungeon is really the only dungeon of its kind in the game. The others take place in factories and the what not.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #22
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosferatu
Jake, that kind of thing doesn't happen that often. The Black Isle dungeon is really the only dungeon of its kind in the game. The others take place in factories and the what not.
Well that's good I think. Jumping serving no purpose is funny to me, I hope its there for a reason other than to show off that unique directional leaping animation. I have so far been unable to "leap" anywhere.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 01-12-2004, 10:04 AM   #23
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Well that's good I think. Jumping serving no purpose is funny to me, I hope its there for a reason other than to show off that unique directional leaping animation. I have so far been unable to "leap" anywhere.
It gets used a lot later in the game, don't worry.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:11 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

Hm. If it's selling so poorly, how come it's always sold out whenever I try to buy it?
Old 01-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #25

Send a message via MSN to charybdis

It sounds like it's doing a slow-burn. It bombed through the floor before Christmas, but it seems like word of mouth is having some result. Which is excellent - BG&E is easily one of my favourite games of last year. The only criticism I really have of it is that it's too short. In the nicest possible way.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:19 AM   #26

The only way I found a way to "fix" the wayward Camera left/right "problem" was to (PC version mind you) press C to fix the camera directly behind Jade.

Excellent game btw
Old 02-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #27
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGilbert
Hm. If it's selling so poorly, how come it's always sold out whenever I try to buy it?
I'd think because they discounted the price to unheard-of levels. It probably sold pretty well after that, because who wouldn't buy a new game for 10 bucks unless it was absolutely terrible?

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 02-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #28

I picked this game up a few days ago for Gamecube.

Overall it's a lot of fun, I am surprised it didn't due well. The game got great reviews, it's released by Ubisoft which do have some established roots (and also released the hot selling POP- The Sands of Time)

Maybe it goes down to people wanting violence and flesh over substance.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:38 PM   #29

how does this game look on 480p mode for ps2, compared to xbox and gamecube
Old 02-07-2004, 08:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Ugh, that thread was confusing....

Any BG%E players with more skillz than me care to give me step-by-step instructions in how to rip the files? I'll make you look nice in the Group Photo...

(hmmm, I should go and update the Group Photo.... )
If there is anybody out there with this music riped off of the computer version, could they notify me? I've got the gamecube version. If I had any idea that the music would be this good, I'd have bought the computer version. But alas, I didn't.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:08 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by L M N O P
If there is anybody out there with this music riped off of the computer version, could they notify me? I've got the gamecube version. If I had any idea that the music would be this good, I'd have bought the computer version. But alas, I didn't.
I'd be willing to send you to send you the stuff that Garyos sent me, if he doesn't want to or mind. Though we might have some trouble if you don't have around 8 or 9 megs of e-mail storage space.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:55 PM   #32
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Ok, WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT THE HELL, I ASK YOU! I bought the game the other day, on a whim. I walked into Walmart not intending to buy anything but a packet of non-salty butter, ended up buying butter and Beyond Good and Evil... It was so completely whimsical that by the time I got home I had forgotten that I bought the game. Then I put it in my backpack for no apparent reason only to surprise myself in earnest when I found it later that week... Well than I installed it and... it didn't work. Ok no biggie: update drivers, download patches, update DirectX and... it didn't work. No matter what I do the stupid game fails to start and tells me that DirectX9 is not compatible with my graphics card drivers, whatever the fuck that may mean... No other game is thus problematic. My computer is equiped enough for this game, people.

The only problem I see is that I may HAVE TO HAVE ATI or Nvidia graphics cards to play it... which would not be fair since nowhere on the box did they say that ONLY Nvidia and ATI may work, they said that it is Nvidia and ATI compatible - which by the very wording does not exclude other cards.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:08 AM   #33
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by L M N O P
Heh, didn't notice this thread. I've got pretty much all the music from the game now, so don't hesitate to ask me for it, anyone.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:21 AM   #34
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
The only problem I see is that I may HAVE TO HAVE ATI or Nvidia graphics cards to play it... which would not be fair since nowhere on the box did they say that ONLY Nvidia and ATI may work, they said that it is Nvidia and ATI compatible - which by the very wording does not exclude other cards.
What card do you have then?

Old 02-21-2004, 07:40 AM   #35
Tactlessly understated

3Dlabs Oxygen vx1 32Mb
Old 02-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #36
gin soaked boy

if i'm not mistaken (and i'm too lazy to check), that's an old professional 3d card, right? it's probably not fully dx9 compliant and bg&e requires it to be or something like that.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 02-22-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #37
Tactlessly understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
if i'm not mistaken (and i'm too lazy to check), that's an old professional 3d card, right? it's probably not fully dx9 compliant and bg&e requires it to be or something like that.
Well, sortof... shit.... The card loves my 3d Max though...
Old 02-28-2004, 06:01 AM   #38
Dessert

just completed it (having got it on thursday) and it was totally excellent