You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good & Evil Story *SPOILERS*

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2003, 08:06 AM   #1

Default Beyond Good & Evil Story *SPOILERS*

I just finished BG&E, and I must admit I didn't like how they left so many unanswered questions. Does anyone have any thoughts on Jade, Peg'j, Jade's parents, or whatever else?

Here is an interesting thread that discusses some different possiblities.

I hope that in the sequal you will still be playing as Jade and she doesn't get messed up in someway. She is an awesome character.

I really don't have any theories of my own, but I'm interested in hearing any of yours.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosferatu
I just finished BG&E, and I must admit I didn't like how they left so many unanswered questions. Does anyone have any thoughts on Jade, Peg'j, Jade's parents, or whatever else?

Here is an interesting thread that discusses some different possiblities.

I hope that in the sequal you will still be playing as Jade and she doesn't get messed up in someway. She is an awesome character.

I really don't have any theories of my own, but I'm interested in hearing any of yours.
I'm pretty confused myself...
I think the floating head priest was a bad Domz who took over the Queen, and is controlling her...
Maybe Shauni was the priestest of the Domz in the past and Jade is the reincarnation? She is only in her twenties and they say they were looking for her for centuries...

I guess she faints in the begging because she is too weak to use her Domz power....

But I'm not sure what happened... Did she leave with the DomZ? Did she stay? Was she absorbing the Hyllians? If not, why were the Hyllians floating and dissapearing into her?
Why do people who weren't captured appear captured at the end?
What's with Secundo? Is he Spanish or Italian? Or is he faking an accent to look cool?
Why did the machine call him a general?

And why did a Domz thing sprout on Pe`j in the place Jade touched him? Is he part Domz now too?

I guess I brought more questions than answers....
Old 01-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
What's with Secundo? Is he Spanish or Italian? Or is he faking an accent to look cool?
Why did the machine call him a general?
I have no idea to the first, but the second was because that is what he programmed it to say.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:11 AM   #4
Joop Sloop

Quote:
I have no idea to the first, but the second was because that is what he programmed it to say.

ehm... did you watch all of the credits when you finished the game?

It explains all of your questions...

Spoiler:
...well for the time being, cause the thing growing on pey's hand is obvious a dead give away to a sequel! which means more bg&e goodness in the near(?) future
Old 01-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #5
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Finished it, amazing game... I don't really like the idea of a sequel though, 'cause

a) With the bad sales it's got a seqel is doubtful anyway.
b) It would be nice if truly innovative game designers didn't fall into the sequel trap all the time. Will BG&E be a franchise like Rayman? I'd rather see more completely new ideas from him.

(And Moos: My score was much better than yours! Hah! )
Old 01-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #6
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
b) It would be nice if truly innovative game designers didn't fall into the sequel trap all the time. Will BG&E be a franchise like Rayman? I'd rather see more completely new ideas from him.
I agree. Not every game should be a franchise. And BG&E is one of those that doesn't need a sequel, although the ending left things open.

Old 01-10-2004, 01:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
(And Moos: My score was much better than yours! Hah! )
I'd imagine so... I took my time playing through. I think it took me almost 20 hours. How long did it take you?
Old 01-10-2004, 02:06 PM   #8
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Quote:
I'd imagine so... I took my time playing through. I think it took me almost 20 hours. How long did it take you?
13 hours... But I took my time, collected everything. It could have been longer, but I really didn't feel that way when it was over. It felt quite right.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:22 PM   #9

It took me about 11 hours, but I never put it down. I couldn't disagree more about the no-sequel issue though; it should deffinately have one. I gotta admit, I haven't been big on adventure games before, but this game really grabbed my attention. It's probably one of the most original games I've ever played, and it's got a freshness to it that I've never experienced before. I agree that alot of sequels are being made these days that shouldn't be, but this deffinately isn't one of them. I'd give my left ear for a sequel to this one.