You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #101
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Speaking of FPS games and DualShock, I have no first hand experience with the combo, but I've witnessed many people complaining about it. They say that DualShock's stick layout is just not very good for those games and that sticks are not tuned well for that kind of experience. Seeing as PS3's controller has basically the same layout as DualShock, I'd presume FPS games and PS3 won't exactly be the best match.
My opinion is that the DualShock is LOUSY for FPS games. I would have hoped that the new tilt feature might be able to fix that a bit to aid in a "free-look" capacity, but I don't know anymore.

I haven't used the 360's controller yet, though. Is it really any better than the DualShock at those kinds of games?
Old 05-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #102
is not wierd

I can't imagine getting through an FPS without a mouse, but XBox gets plenty of them so I guess they must be satisfactory.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #103

The analogues on the current Playstation controllers can't be compared to the Xbox ones. There's a huge difference between them. It's like comparing the old trackball-mice with the brand new laser mice.