You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General LOTR:ROTK- Can a gamepad be used?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 05:39 PM   #1
I'm really Cookin'

Default LOTR:ROTK- Can a gamepad be used?

My husband and I are having a ball with LOTR: Return of the King for Xbox, so I tried the PC demo to compare it. I love the in-your-face graphics of my monitor as opposed to the sofa/faraway TV screen situation in our livingroom, but I'm not digging the keyboard controls of the demo (even remapped it's still more hassle than a game pad). EA's ROTK site sheds no light on whether or not the PC version supports a game pad, and I don't see that option in the demo. Even CGW's PC review doesn't say either way. Ripoff!

Does anybody have the PC version yet, and does the manual or options screen mention game pad support? If not, I'm back to the Hex Box...
Old 12-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
I'm really Cookin'

I answered my own question tonight by just installing my gamepad and trying it with the demo. Once the pad was installed, I was able to bring up a second option in the controller menu to pick the gamepad as my primary controller, yay! Mapping commands went fine, and it works great.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:38 AM   #3

yah the game is great, though it is so hard, especially those lvls on the side of the tablet.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:59 PM   #4
I'm really Cookin'

You know, even on Normal it *is* hard, isn't it? And the camera occasionally blocks the view of your character; in the PC demo I keep getting tromped to death by one of those big bosses over to the right while my view is blocked! The Xbox rental has to go back tomorrow by noon, and I'm wavering as to whether I should buy the game or just maybe renew the rental. (I spent my five days spreading myself out over 6 games just to see what they were like so I didn't get that much time with any of them.) Castlevania: Lament of Innocence isn't bad, either, although that one's too easy... I already bought Kya: Dark Lineage used from EB, though, after playing the rental for only one day, so I'll still have that one to play after the rentals go back...