You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The first Revolution scans

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #21
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Aren't you glad you're a man. Really I'll shut up now (sorry mods!).
I think you can use it on a man too.. not very comfortable, but...

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #22
gin soaked boy

Please, I'm about to go to bed. I don't want to have dreams of remotely controlled speculums.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #23
is not wierd

I'll hopefully be getting that Game Informer soon. I honestly can't see jack in the screens, really.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #24

Nice stuff! Now I totally don't know which console to get
Old 04-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #25
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Please, I'm about to go to bed. I don't want to have dreams of remotely controlled speculums.
Never know, it may turn out to be a wet dream and you'll wake up with a big grin.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #26
FlipFrame

Kinda funny Trep, you always came across as both pretty knowledgable about 'current developments' and really inspired for innovative gameplay, yet you seem to be both lacking in info about the Rev(at least the basics that we kinda sorta know) and interest in what appears to be outstandingly fun new play.

Whats the deal man!?

(I thought you moved to Oregon btw? I'm certain I missed some drama so please excuse my asking.)
Old 04-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #27
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Never know, it may turn out to be a wet dream and you'll wake up with a big grin.
Yeah, on the wrong side of my body.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #28
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

There's a law that states every Japanese game needs Pachinko init.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 04-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #29

Yeah everyone on forums is quite pleased with this introduction to the world of Nintendo's Revolution. It looks so good for system we've know for months now is not going have anything near the horsepower of the 360/PS3. That is not Nintendo's focus for this next gen round.

What has me most excited is alot buzz about how amazing the Rev wand controller is and folks thinking it could lead to comeback to the adventure genre! Add in the virtual console for small games to be advertised and downloaded and I be quite sad if sierra properites and others didnt give it a go.

While this is just FPS here are some details that give you idea how interactive an adventure game could be with this system, finally replacing old archaic flashy hot spot point and click setup.

“In many situations, there will be a higher-ranking enemy who commands the others in the area. By defeating him, and sparing his life, he will offer you his respect, and help. The enemies will surrender their guns, and the boss may offer you a new weapon, a special path, or another reward. Any time you spare an enemy, you will be rewarded. As it always takes more skill to spare a life, than to take it”

“Although the majority of Red Steel’s gameplay will stress ranged combat, there will be times you need to get up close, and personal. You can switch to the sword at any time, and if you can get close enough to an enemy, you can use it for one-hit stealth kills. In other moments you’ll find yourself locked into intense one-on-one sword duels.”

"The goal of most of these quests will be to track down a high-ranking Yakuza member and convince him to side with you, rather than Tokai's brutal gang. You won't be able to simply walk up to these gangsters and ask for their cooperation, though -- you'll have to prove that you're worthy, which will typically involve besting them with your sword and sparing their lives. You'll need as many Yakuza bosses on your side as you can get leading up to the final section of the quest: your confrontation with Tokai."

"The longer we played with it the more natural it felt, and the more quickly we mowed down the targets. strafing around the targets is incredibly easy, as keeping the controller pointed at the object, while you move around with the analog stick keeps you focused on the target. aim felt similar to using a computer mouse, as it is possible to quickly explore every direction in a three dimension space with quick gestures.'

"you will also be able to lob grenades by imitating throwing a ball with the controller in your hand, or even roll it along the ground with an underhand throw..."

"Twist revmote to lean against walls or push forward to push over objects to use as cover."
Old 04-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #30
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG
Kinda funny Trep, you always came across as both pretty knowledgable about 'current developments' and really inspired for innovative gameplay, yet you seem to be both lacking in info about the Rev(at least the basics that we kinda sorta know) and interest in what appears to be outstandingly fun new play.

Whats the deal man!?
Probably because I've been very busy doing things in real life instead of scouring the internet for the most minute, factual, detailed, up-to-the-second information on any of the new gaming consoles.

Quote:
(I thought you moved to Oregon btw? I'm certain I missed some drama so please excuse my asking.)
Well, I moved here to L.A. My ex dumped me after emotionally abusing me through neglect and I decided my time was better spent elsewhere, simply put.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #31
FlipFrame

Quote:

Probably because I've been very busy doing things in real life instead of scouring the internet for the most minute, factual, detailed, up-to-the-second information on any of the new gaming consoles.
Sorry, I simply refuse to believe RealLife.tm superseded gaming...sorry, nuh uh.

Hehe, but seriously, its not like something such as a new innovative Nintendo console requires much "scouring" to anyone with even moderate interest in gaming, and from what I've gathered reading your posts, you seem more than just casual, but I understand. E3's a month away and you'll be all caught up...right?

Quote:
Well, I moved here to L.A. My ex dumped me after emotionally abusing me through neglect and I decided my time was better spent elsewhere, simply put.
That bastard, but I hear ya. So why not back to Chicago? (Don't worry, I won't attempt to further invade your personal life )

Maybe all in all, the Revolution is the perfect thing for you!

Later bud.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #32
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG
Sorry, I simply refuse to believe RealLife.tm superseded gaming...sorry, nuh uh.
Try it. You might just like it. *

Quote:
Hehe, but seriously, its not like something such as a new innovative Nintendo console requires much "scouring" to anyone with even moderate interest in gaming, and from what I've gathered reading your posts, you seem more than just casual, but I understand. E3's a month away and you'll be all caught up...right?
I would go to E3 (which would be just across town) but I don't work here no more so can't enjoy working the privileges ( at tabsie and Jack).

Admittedly, I've slipped from being 'hardcore gamer' down to being 'cartillage-core gamer'. But this is before Dreamfall's release, natch, and before I get an Xbox 360 in a couple months.

Quote:
That bastard, but I hear ya. So why not back to Chicago? (Don't worry, I won't attempt to further invade your personal life )
And you were just refusing to believe in Real Life™ a moment ago. What, you're so glued to your PC and internet that you want to live vicariously through other people's drama? ( actually that sounds enticing, at least you wouldn't suffer a broken heart directly).

I chose L.A. 'cause my parents live here and I wanna be with them. But my dad died a month after I came so now my mom and I are like the ultimate odd roommies - I swear, it's like an ethnic sitcom here every day.

Quote:
Maybe all in all, the Revolution is the perfect thing for you!
We'll see. I got my sights on the 360 (and Sam Fisher and Alan Wake, and if I got some change left over next year sometime I'll consider a Rev.

* No, I was not paid to say that.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #33
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
< googles speculum >

WTF!
DEAR LORD!!!!!! I'm never gonna Google image something, until I find out what it is!
Old 04-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #34
merely human

Melanie
Old 04-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #35
FlipFrame

Quote:
Try it. You might just like it. *
Hehe, well you realise that for me, videogames ARE my RealLife. You'd thinking working on them all day would make one NOT want to play them, but alas, there's the trouble with making a living doing what you love.

Quote:
I would go to E3 (which would be just across town) but I don't work here no more so can't enjoy working the privileges ( at tabsie and Jack).
Have you gone ever? Good times...terribly fun. Either way, I meant that one way or the other, we'll be flooded with news from the show.

Quote:
And you were just refusing to believe in Real Life™ a moment ago. What, you're so glued to your PC and internet that you want to live vicariously through other people's drama? ( actually that sounds enticing, at least you wouldn't suffer a broken heart directly).
Hehe, well since I'm more or less 'settled', my life almost feels like fantasy, what with a woman who does exactly what I do for a living and never having to leave the house to go to work(doubly so on cold Chicago mornings...during a fresh snow dumping)

Quote:
I chose L.A. 'cause my parents live here and I wanna be with them. But my dad died a month after I came so now my mom and I are like the ultimate odd roommies - I swear, it's like an ethnic sitcom here every day.
My condolences, but yea hanging with your mom can be a good thing.

Quote:
We'll see. I got my sights on the 360 (and Sam Fisher and Alan Wake, and if I got some change left over next year sometime I'll consider a Rev.
Oh wait. Who said it was one or the other!? Get BOTH my friend (or all three, but heck, I'm addicted)
Old 04-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #36
merely human

I can't. I'm not you and don't have the privilege (or skills and talent) to work on cool geeky jobs at home. Besides, if I get all of them I'll feel pressured to spend a lot more money than I would on games, just to get my money's worth from buying the damn consoles in the first place.

I still wish I had a PS2 but in many ways I'm glad I don't. Guess I was ne'er cut out to be a consummate gamer geek, eh?

That reminds me, would you be able to play Windwaker on the Rev?
Old 04-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #37
FlipFrame

Quote:
I can't. I'm not you and don't have the privilege (or skills and talent) to work on cool geeky jobs at home. Besides, if I get all of them I'll feel pressured to spend a lot more money than I would on games, just to get my money's worth from buying the damn consoles in the first place.

I still wish I had a PS2 but in many ways I'm glad I don't. Guess I was ne'er cut out to be a consummate gamer geek, eh?
We all now have to unfortunately decide to keep Trep in the club or not now. It pains me, but it must be done...

Quote:
That reminds me, would you be able to play Windwaker on the Rev?
Considering their goal was to have complete backwards compatibility...like all the way back to the NES, I'd think so, but nothing concrete yet.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #38

The rev has full GC backwards compatibility and emulation for the N64, SNES, NES, Genesis and Turbografx.

So yes, it'll run Wind Waker just fine.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #39
FlipFrame

Err, Turbografx16?? Wha...huh!? Where did you read this??
Old 04-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #40

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697922p1.html

Retro fans read this and went apeshit. Nobody else noticed.