You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Xbox360 Waterballoons

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #61
Psychonaut

I looked into it.

It seems it's an american advert and Microsoft refused to air it after legal advice.

Far too PC these days too afraid of getting sued if people started imitating it by holding people at fingerpoint.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #62
SamNMax

lol @ fanboys who desperately want a 360 and talk about it all the time, but won't get one in about a year.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #63
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
lol @ fanboys who desperately want a 360 and talk about it all the time, but won't get one in about a year.
Or ever, in fact .

Besides, it's not out in the UK yet.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #64
SamNMax

Oh.

lol @ American fanboys who desperately want a 360 and talk about it all the time, but won't get one in about a year.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:24 AM   #65
merely human

Hey, here's a nice controversial and banned vintage Xbox ad I've never seen (then again it's 'cause I never watch TV anyway). Quite amusing.

Quote:
Xbox TV advert banned
Microsoft ordered to pull controversial advert showing man falling into grave, [05/06/2002 17:45]

An Xbox TV advert has been banned after over 100 viewers complained that the commercial was shocking and offensive. The Independent Television Commission has now told Microsoft to pull the campaign - but only after it has already been shown on TV for several weeks.

The ad shows...
Spoiler:
....a baby being born and then being shot through the air where he rapidly ages before landing in a grave. The ITC found that, "The man's screams throughout his life's journey suggest a traumatic experience, which, together with the reminder that life is short, made the final scene more shocking."

To see the controversial promo for yourself, click here (MPEG, 1.80MB).
gamesdomain.com
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-30-2005, 12:25 AM   #66
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Hey, here's a nice controversial and banned vintage Xbox ad I've never seen (then again it's 'cause I never watch TV anyway). Quite amusing.

gamesdomain.com
I´ve seen this before, quite amusing!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #67
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

gamesdomain.com
That's the cradle-to-grave original Xbox ad I spoke of above. And I reckon it's pretty good.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.