You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game Boy Advance recommendations?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 08:00 AM   #21
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing
Hey! This is totally uncalled for. Whenever he/she do is up to him/her. There's no need to call names, just because he/she did something that you won't wanna do, or buy something you don't wanna.
Oh...sorry about that. Didn't mean to say (type) it outloud.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #22
Homer of Kittens

If you like strategy games, Advance Wars is one of the finest strategy games I have played.

Firefox rules

Last edited by SoccerDude28; 10-03-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #23
Banned User

I dunno man. Should we be glorifying war?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #24
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I dunno man. Should we be glorifying war?
Yes we should! Well, as long as it's not one where the "good" guys invade on the pretext of preventing creation of WMDs.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:01 AM   #25
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

To second several games:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is wonderful. Get it.

Fire Emblem is brilliant- if you're masochistic. Seriously, the stories and characters are great, and the strategy is very involving, but it's almost unplayable. However, if you don't mind replaying each long level roughly 574 million times, I can't recommend it highly enough. If you're winning, you can't help but love this game. If you're losing, it's your worst enemy.

Mario & Luigi is one of the most flat-out fun RPGs I've ever played. The story is wacky beyond belief. This game alone justified my GBA purchase.

Golden Sun is a chore. Random battles are very frequent, which wouldn't be quite so painful if the battles weren't so dreadfully dull. It's a shame, because the story is actually pretty decent.

I don't know if you care for Metroid, but if so you must pick up Metroid: Zero Mission. Never mind that it's short- it's outstanding.

Avoid Zelda: The Minish Cap at all costs.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:13 AM   #26
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL
Woah?
Now I would really like to hear some reasons for stating this kind of an opinion.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #27
Just charging up

Maybe it's because after playing "Minish Cap" most of the GBA games look stale in comparisson?

Old 10-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #28
Club a seal or two

Quote:
To second several games:

Golden Sun is a chore. Random battles are very frequent, which wouldn't be quite so painful if the battles weren't so dreadfully dull. It's a shame, because the story is actually pretty decent.

I don't know if you care for Metroid, but if so you must pick up Metroid: Zero Mission. Never mind that it's short- it's outstanding.

Thanks for telling me about the random battles. I HATE random battles. It's the only reason why I never really liked any Final Fantasy games.
I tried Metroid Prime and I hated the amount of backtracking and "exploring" I had to do. I haven't tried any of the sidescrolling Metroid games, but I assume the game mechanic is the same?

I already beat Minish Cap and I thought it was an outstanding game. What's wrong with it?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #29
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

He's a liar. Minnish Cap is great.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 10-10-2005, 06:33 AM   #30
Not like them!

Sorry, I missed the point where you said you already had Minish Cap.

My favorite game ever was Ocarina of Time, and I think anyone who cares about game design at all should study it in depth. I was looking forward to the first original single-player Zelda game for the GBA. So why did I hate The Minish Cap? First of all, it doesn't have an ounce of art in it. Its greatest ambition is to do exactly what every other Zelda game has already done. It stinks as entertainment because its gameplay is borrowed from games which already dealt with these mechanics much better. A Link to the Past used all these gameplay mechanics so thoroughly and so well that The Minish Cap is old from the moment you start playing. (This wouldn't be a problem if it had any artistic merit.) It doesn't have any interesting puzzles. It doesn't have any decent twists on the action. The world design is pathetically obvious. It doesn't sufficiently develop the ideas it has. When I started playing this game, I was immediately bored. I stuck around for a few more hours because I was desparate to find something good about it. That good never came. Tremendously disappointed, I got rid of the game without finishing it. What is it you guys liked about it? Scratch that, what is it you guys even tolerated about it?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:39 AM   #31
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayel
I tried Metroid Prime and I hated the amount of backtracking and "exploring" I had to do. I haven't tried any of the sidescrolling Metroid games, but I assume the game mechanic is the same?
If you didn't like the exploration of Metroid Prime, then yeah, you probably wouldn't like Zero Mission. While it's slightly more action-oriented, there is a lot of the nonlinear exploration too. Just so you know, Metroid has been mostly about exploration ever since Metroid 2, and the game mechanics the world design is built on haven't fundamentally changed since then.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #32
Just charging up

Quote:
What is it you guys liked about it? Scratch that, what is it you guys even tolerated about it?
[fanboy] It's a 2d Zelda game! [/fanboy]
Old 10-10-2005, 07:27 AM   #33
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Veil
[fanboy] It's a 2d Zelda game! [/fanboy]
[Nintendo fan]Yeah, but it doesn't have any of the features that make Zelda great! Capcom has no idea how to make a good Zelda game! You don't actually like it just because Link happens to be in it, do you?![/Nintendo fan]
Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #34
Just charging up

I liked the "Oracle" gbc games (same studio)
I liked Soul Calibur 2 (Linkieboy!)
I hated the CDI Zelda "games"

Minish Cap (like all true Zelda games) just had great pacing, was technically sound en just great fun to play.... nuff said

Gamecritics seems to agree with you though ->
http://www.gamecritics.com/review/zeldaminish/main.php
Old 10-11-2005, 03:48 AM   #35
Fulci lives

Wario Ware is hysterical!
Too bad there isn´t a save function, playing thru all those minigames can be a real pain in the ass, especially for a person like me that has no patience.

Still, it´s a great game.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #36
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamham Chan
Wario Ware is hysterical!
Too bad there isn´t a save function, playing thru all those minigames can be a real pain in the ass, especially for a person like me that has no patience.

Still, it´s a great game.
there's a save function, i think it saves automatically, if it didn't it would be extremely difficult.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 10-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #37
The Reggienator

Finally today a package arrived to me.
Inside it was Rebelstar: Tactical Command, my new favourite GBA game. The Gollop brothers have done it and created an awesome turnbased game for GBA.

I was glued to my DS the whole day just playing this game, it sure is addictive! The only game that made me stop playing R: TC today was RDKF.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #38

Mario & Luigi is waaaay more fun than the two Golden Suns, even though they are both decent games. However, the Golden Sun characters aren't very memorable and neither is the story. Do NOT get Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories unless you like action card battles - I don't mind card battles but trying to select cards in the middle of combat is a pain in the ass - sorta like selecting magic spells while you're being hacked away in Kingdom Hearts. The story is also a rehash of the PS2 game.

Last edited by Yini; 10-13-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:01 AM   #39
The Reggienator

Hmm, I don't remember if I've asked this question before, but does anyone here know if I can wipe off the records in Mario Kart: Super Circuit?
When I bought it during the summer, it was a used game and there are a lot of the previous owners track records in the game.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #40

I think you can - but having sold my copy I can't say for sure.