You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Constantine sucks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #1

Default Constantine sucks

It could be a personal thing, because I don't like dark games, but I think Constantine sucks. I played it for about an hour, I probably won't finish it or even play it any more.

If anyone has played it and it gets A LOT better after a while, let me know.

Oldspook
Old 09-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I don't really think this belongs in this section, but that's ok. Anyways, haven't played the game, but I know it got not so good reviews. Maybe someone else on here has played it. Off-Topic: Rented the movie, but haven't had time to watch it yet.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

movie sucks too.. at least the end did
Old 09-25-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
How am I not myself?

Moved over to General
Old 09-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
I don't really think this belongs in this section, but that's ok. Anyways, haven't played the game, but I know it got not so good reviews. Maybe someone else on here has played it. Off-Topic: Rented the movie, but haven't had time to watch it yet.
Gamespot ranks Constatine an "Action Adventure". If it don't belong here, where does it belong? Are only RPG adventures welcome here?

Anyway, the game sucks!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:49 PM   #6
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldspook
Gamespot ranks Constatine an "Action Adventure". If it don't belong here, where does it belong? Are only RPG adventures welcome here?

Anyway, the game sucks!
People’s perceptions of what defines an adventure game often differ. If a game meets these requirements: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,149 it constitutes as an adventure game and is thus placed in the adventure forum. All other games (including action/adventure, RPG etc) are placed in the general section. It's just a formality to make sure pure adventure games are held separate.

Last edited by Glenn Epic; 09-25-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:10 PM   #7
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Don´t know about the game, but the movie wasn´t that good..
Old 09-26-2005, 12:19 AM   #8

Dunno, I thought the movie was amusing. Haven't played the game, but I don't have any intention of changing that either...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:12 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Hiro Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
Dunno, I thought the movie was amusing. Haven't played the game, but I don't have any intention of changing that either...
I thought the movie was pretty god awful, but I was also at a theatre where you can drink freely, so that may have been part of the problem...

I did think Gavin Rossdale was okay, and Tilda Swinton was great as always, but if Satan is a lisping German who licks the side of my face...I swear i'll be a good boy so I can go to heaven...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:19 AM   #10
capsized.

The game looks a bit like Shadowman. And this one was really good at times.

The mansion of one of the mass murderers creeped me out.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Epic
People’s perceptions of what defines an adventure game often differ. If a game meets these requirements: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,149 it constitutes as an adventure game and is thus placed in the adventure forum. All other games (including action/adventure, RPG etc) are placed in the general section. It's just a formality to make sure pure adventure games are held separate.
That defines it somewhat, but there still is the statement "Discuss graphic adventures, text adventures, FMV adventures and anything in between" that confuses newbie’s like me. Perhaps a new describing statement should be written if it is so important to you that threads are moved.

Oldspook
Old 09-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

^ Constantine is an action third-person shooter. I wouldn't classify it as an adventure game.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
That defines it somewhat, but there still is the statement "Discuss graphic adventures, text adventures, FMV adventures and anything in between" that confuses newbie’s like me. Perhaps a new describing statement should be written if it is so important to you that threads are moved.

Oldspook
If they move a thread, I don't think it's a big deal. We won't punish you too harshly.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #14
How am I not myself?

Quote:

Oldspook
Moving threads isn't such a big deal. If your thread does get moved you will be able to track it because a redirect will be left in the original forum you posted the thread in.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
^ Constantine is an action third-person shooter. I wouldn't classify it as an adventure game.
The only reason I acquired the game (Constantine) was because Gamespot put in the category "Action Adventure" http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/constantine/

I have since deleted it from my computer.

Constantine does have a story line with quests and goals. There is a lot of shooting along the way. I guess I can't trust Gamespot to define what constitutes an adventure game. It was not much fun to play anyway, not like Serious Sam II, which I really enjoyed even though there was a lot of shooting. I would say, playing Serious Sam II to the end is an adventure.

Oldspook
Old 09-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #16
Citizen of Bizarro World

Right. SSII may be an "adventurous" experience, but it isn't technically an adventure game. In regards to Constantine though, most 3rd person shooters are classified as action/adventures, but have little to do w/ adventures, gameplay-wise.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 10-02-2005, 08:10 AM   #17

I have the game and finished it a while ago. I only bought it because it was £4 new, not long after it was released.

The game is quite mediocre, especially because the controls are kind of bad (typical rushed console to PC port gone bad, unresponsive and "laggy"). It's a shame because some of the levels are somewhat interesting, and sometimes it has a nice ambience, but the controls really ruined it for me.

I'm mainly a fan of RPG's, strategy and adventure games, and I bought Constantine, The Punisher and Second Sight pretty cheap at an online sale because I thought it would be nice to play something different for once. While I had a blast playing The Punisher (excelent adaptation of the comic book; fans of Max Payne should check it out) I really struggled to finish Constantine because after a while it was really hard to enjoy the game. I'm yet to play Second Sight (been busy)
Old 10-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #18
After 2 years...

Quote:
Constantine sucks
Seriously, have you expected anything else?
you are in a
Dreamfall