You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General X-Box HDTV compatability

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
Citizen of Bizarro World

Default X-Box HDTV compatability

Do I need special cables to run HD capable games on my new HDTV? I'm not sure whether they are HD capable, but I expect the newer ones should be, like Halo 2 & Stranger. However, they ran in low res. Any ideas, suggestions, advice? Thanks.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 09-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Yes, there is an HD cable pack that you need to enable higher resolution in your Xbox games if they support them. You can check on the back of the game box to see. Normal TVs run games at 480i, the 'i' stands for interlanced, meaning only every other line is displayed during a screen refresh. Most Xbox games are capable of 480p, the 'p' is for progressive scan, meaning all the lines are drawn for each refresh, so you get better picture quality. I think there may be a few games that support higher formats, such as 720p. I know for the Xbox 360 all games are required to have 720p support.

Here is the HD Pack

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'