You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback The Revolution Poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2004, 12:36 AM   #21
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

I would be interested in a mobile episodic game. If it's done right it would certainly be a good thing. The problem really lies with the size of a phone. I want my phone to be very small, but a gaming device to be much bigger. And I don't think I would invest in a new phone just because of a game.

I am even more interested in episodic adventure games for my computer, but that wasn't the issure in this poll.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 09-23-2004, 04:53 AM   #22
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

A friend of mine showed me his brand new 3G mobile and I was very impressed. I was amazed by the high quality colour display, the camera, and the quality of streamed images on it.

While I won't be buying my own until 3G phones until the coverage is better and my network launches their version; I can certainly see myself buying a 3G and later generation phones and even playing games on them. So I voted Very Interested, and it would influence the type of phones I'd buy if good quality games were also available for it.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 09-23-2004, 06:53 AM   #23

I voted "not interested".
Obviously, they are trying to see if there's a market for it among us, and if you won't buy it, I'd think you're making them a favour with saying "not interested"?
Old 09-23-2004, 08:28 AM   #24
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

I think some people are being a bit influenced by the possibility Revolution won't make anything for the PC or Console market again, if they act favorably in this poll. Judging by the rumblings of BS4, and the imminent sequel to BASS, I don't think that is the case at all.

This is simply another avenue to explore, to appeal to a whole new market of gamers. IMO - the mobile phone is the most popular electronic portable device right now!! You've got young guys like me with phones, you've got 70 year olds with phones, you have kids of 11 with phones, the market has grown substansially in the last few years! A HUGE percentage of people are constantly using their phone, be it for texting, be it for taking pictures, be it (for God forbiding) ringing somebody. It's a growing market, and some people do use them for games!

Personally, I don't see this as a bad thing, it's a just a way of branching out one's pet projects, and trying them in different circumstances. The only way to truly develop, is to stick your balls out there, and try something outlandish, and get ahead of the game!

Quite honestly, I can see bigger gaming companies eventually exploring the mobile phone market as a hotspot for their products. A lot of gaming companies are investigating it, and some have already produced games for phones. It's a market lambasted with potential!! And certainly, it will introduce people to new games, that they've never seen before. For example, I work in the local council, and sometimes if people are photocopying, they'll dig out their mobile phone and play games on it, getting uber chuffed, because it's a new game to them, and who knows, it could inspire them to go get a console to play these things on a big screen!

Not surprisingly, I voted interested.

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:29 AM   #25

I'm not interested in episodic games, period. What platform they're on doesn't matter.

I just don't see the what advantages such games have for me, as a gamer. I see plenty of advantages for the developer, but none for me.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #26
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotray
I think some people are being a bit influenced by the possibility Revolution won't make anything for the PC or Console market again, if they act favorably in this poll. Judging by the rumblings of BS4, and the imminent sequel to BASS, I don't think that is the case at all..
i for one wasnt influenced by that...its the same situation with shenmue (log and his shinto forsaken shenmue!)...shenmue online is a good idea, if the poll was about that i would say not interested because i have no interest in online gaming at this point...now i know revolution isnt going to abandon its other markets like sega is apparently abandoning shenmue in its other markets, but still it doesnt change the fact that non-interest best describes my position...in fact i couldnt think of another way to describe except apathetic or "good for you, i dont really give a ****"...anyway...just sayin'
Old 09-24-2004, 06:46 AM   #27
Mostly absent

I voted "certainly interested". Although I so far haven't played an episodic adventure game that I've really liked, I'm all for Revolution to give it a shot if it seems a good deal for them. I believe that it's possible to make a good episodic adventure game, and if there were to be such a game I would certainly be interested.

I own a fairly new cell phone, but it happens to be the smallest phone that Nokia™©® makes. Just like ragnar, I like my phone to be small so that it easily fits into a pocket and doesn't bulge so much.
Spoiler:
Is that your cell phone in your pants, or are you just glad to see me?

Anyways, my phone is waaay too small to play anything decent on. My bro has this rather large, but powerful, phone that is quite fun to play on. If I were to own one of those, it could be quite fun to play an AG on it, but then we're back at the size problem.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:50 AM   #28
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rethotray
I think some people are being a bit influenced by the possibility Revolution won't make anything for the PC or Console market again, if they act favorably in this poll.
Or maybe people will be swayed to vote Yes, just because it's good for Revolution (and a healthy Revolution has a better chance of bringing new adventures to PC than a hurting one).

Like I said, if people just answer the question that was actually asked, the poll will be fine.

Hey, Tony W. Nice to see you at AG.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:43 AM   #29
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I put that I'm interested. I'd certainly consider replacing my brick-phone for it. The thing is, I don't understand why people vote against this because they want PC games. If the graphics are going to be comparable to/bettter than BS3, then the technology will be good. And who's to say that Revolution couldn't do a PC version of the same game? Everyone's a winner, surely?

And welcome to tonyw .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-25-2004, 02:33 AM   #30

I didn't vote against so that they would make a pc game instead, I voted against because I'm simply not interested.
If you don't think you would buy it, you should vote "not interested". I don't see why someone should vote "interested" because it's a good idea, even though they would not be getting it, it doesn't make sense.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:00 AM   #31
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
But can you see yourself playing Broken Sword on the bus or metro?
If I had a long commute, sure. It's a lot more convenient than whipping out a laptop on the bus.

I put down the middle option (was it Certainly Interested?) because I tend to be pretty lazy about buying the latest and greatest cell phone. (Actually, I always opt for whichever crappy phone comes free with the plan. ) But I have been in situations where I play games on my cell phone and wish for better games - recently I was at a 4-day trade show, standing for 8 hours / day in our booth trying to entice very busy doctors in to look at our products. Very busy doctors at trade shows tend to be very interested in our free pens and not so interested in the patient education samples we're giving away (go figure). And the only game my cell phone had on it to keep me entertained all those long hours? TENNIS. Bleh.

So yeah, I may not be willing to go out and buy the latest and greatest cell phone, but if there was an episodic adventure game out there that ran on my cell phone, I'd be very interested. Hell of a lot more interested than I am in tennis games.

-emily

ps Hi Tony! Thanks for stopping in!
Old 09-25-2004, 08:08 AM   #32
Mostly absent

Heh. She said tennis. Hehe.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:00 PM   #33
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

I voted for the middle one as well. Although, I'm not so sure anymore. It might be all that about more Broken Sword that made me not being able to choose 'not interested'.

To put it bluntly; if I'd get more Broken Sword in another platform (episodic or not), I'd prefer that, but if the cell phone was the only platform, I'd be interested. As long as I get more of the BS.