You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback No replies from moderators

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Roman5

Default No replies from moderators

I'm quite annoyed. I posted a reply in an old syberia 3 thread a few days ago which was, to be fair, slightly off topic in that it was to do with mammoths and not games. I posted it actually saying 'off topic' but mammoths are the focal point of the game, hence why I thought it might be alright to slip it in. Post deleted, no comment left by mods. I then post another reply in the same thread asking why it was such a life and death necessity to delete it. Post deleted, no comment left by mods. I then see the mod in the forum who I think did it and pm the mod at my annoyance of not getting at least some response to these deletions. No reply.

I think you should seriously have a word with the mods because I think it's downright rude for one thing, and I don't appreciate being treated like a child. If I can't even get a response from a mod via PM about a complaint I have, where can I get a response?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

Believe it or not, some of our moderators are incredibly busy and don't always have the time to explain every decision or cater to people who feel they're owed something.

If you insist on making a public case of a trivial issue, with a current Syberia thread already active on page one, you opted to resurrect a months-old thread just to post an off-topic message. I'm sure you can figure out why it was deleted.

Oh, and you were wrong about the moderator involved, and chose to PM someone who's been away all week. But hey, don't let that get in the way of your ongoing rants.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Roman5

The mod I pm'ed was in the forum at that time, the name was at the bottom of the page, then that name subsequently disappeared. Your response is both typical and predictable. And don't patronise me with the 'I think I'm owed something' because that amounts to 'you're not allowed to complain about anything and you should be so grateful for this forum'. It's funny how mods are oh so busy, yet always find time to delete non critical posts. I love the way mods always think forum members are making issues out of something trivial, and yet they think it's so important to delete trivial posts. Not that I'm calling you a hypocrite or anything...

Oh and thanks for the support!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

As Jack mentioned, it wasn't me who deleted your posts. (If I was on the forum when it happened, it was a coincidence!) After I got your PM I did ask around to find out what the story was, however I've been at GDC this week so I didn't have a chance to follow up. Sorry about that.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

Yes, my response is typical and predictable, because it's exactly what is deserved. Your post was moderated, and you don't like it. You PM'ed the wrong mod, who couldn't answer your question, and you didn't like that either. You've now had the reason explained to you, so that's that.

You weren't treated like a child, you're merely acting like one now. And that's going to stop.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
Roman5

I apologise to fov for bothering her, an apology not least because she is polite and even apologised herself. A lesson you could learn perhaps Mr.Jackal, if you ever get off your high horse that is. You have absolutely no idea how to keep members happy do you.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

I'm more concerned with keeping my moderators happy, who do far more for this site than they ever get credit for. Show them the respect they deserve and you'll have no problems with me.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
Roman5

I'm not looking to get banned, so we'll end it here. I will just say this though.
I showed fov respect because she deserved it. Frankly, you don't and probably never will, because you are seemingly rather clueless in how to appease the very people that make your forum what it is and without whom you wouldn't even need moderators in the first place. It's a two way street. "I'm more concerned with keeping my moderators happy", fine, but you just made it painfully clear that you don't really give a stuff about your members from your very attitude. Have a lovely day.
  Received Infraction
Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

You should have ended it before another childish outburst.

The welfare of the forum and its members are the reason I keep my moderators happy. If that means slapping down the odd malcontent looking to cause trouble once in a while, so be it.

And now, this thread is done.