You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback The new design is up!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #121
Under pressure.

Hmm? What?

--Erwin
Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #122
Game Creator Hobbyist

Read through this thread, and you'll understand.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #123
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Hmm. Er, I went to make a donation, and the currency requested is Euros? What's the going exchange rate? *sheepish look* (I know what I intended to donate in US dollars, but not what that works out to be in Euros...)

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 09-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #124
Friendly Server Admin

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert

$1 = €.71
Old 09-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #125
Super Moderator

I must be blind because I can't see the donate button on the main page.

Also, I wonder if Marek can tinker with the donate thing so you can choose what currency you want? (sorry if I'm throwing more work at you)
Old 09-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #126
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Melanie: You have to go to Main Page>About>Donate.

Thankee for the currency help, Tabacco. Hi-ho, donation, away!

Note: if it helps anyone else, PayPal's current rate seems to be 1 USD = 0.691585 EUR, though that doesn't show up until after you've chosen your initial amount.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 09-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #127
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Sorry about that, I guess it just sets it to euro's when you make an account from a EU country. Fortunately Paypal is able to handle pretty much any currency, but I'll attempt to make things more clear.

Thanks Jeysie.

Edit: a great way to convert currencies is to type "X dollars in euro" in Google (except with an actual amount) and it will convert it for you. The same goes for various measurements of distance, time, etc.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:37 AM   #128
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I also like http://www.xe.com/ucc/ (just to provide another needless alternative).

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:18 AM   #129
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

My favourite is also xe.com, I actually have some sort of plugin for Firefox that I can just click the right mouse button on top of some amount and transform it quickly through xe.com's database and it shows the exchange rate.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:00 AM   #130
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Ooh, palladium ounces!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #131
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

You mean you don't deal in those?

There goes that multi-million dollar donation I was planning on making to AG this evening .

Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 AM   #132
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

You changed the Favicon! WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE FAVICON?!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Seriously, what was wrong with the torch? I recognised it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I also like http://www.xe.com/ucc/ (just to provide another needless alternative).
Yep, Xe.com is also my favourite.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #133
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
You changed the Favicon! WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE FAVICON?!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Seriously, what was wrong with the torch? I recognised it!
OK. Deep breaths.

Then could you explain what you mean please? I'm still seeing torches (lit and unlit) all over the place.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #134
Super Moderator

favicon - appears to the left of the URI in the address bar. (Well, in decent browsers, anyway)
It's now this:
Old 09-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #135
Game Creator Hobbyist

(IIRC, "favicons" started in the indecent browser… )

I still see a torch there, but I suppose I may have it cached.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #136
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Favicons are notorious for sticking around in your cache, sometimes even after you clear it. It might take a while for the new one to appear, but it looks like this:

Jazhara, you should find a way to calm yourself when new things show up on the site or I think you'll get a heart attack one of these days
Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Favicons are notorious for sticking around in your cache, sometimes even after you clear it. It might take a while for the new one to appear, but it looks like this:

Jazhara, you should find a way to calm yourself when new things show up on the site or I think you'll get a heart attack one of these days

Okay, I'll try to find a way to calm myself. By now I've mostly gotten used to the new design.

But the favicon is really something bad for me. It's not all that bad for Adventure Gamers while on my own computer, since AGs is always the top left tab in my browser. If it were anywhere else, there'd be trouble if I found the favicon had been changed, because I rely a lot on the favicons to find my way around my tabs (currently 125, and that's just one of the windows. They cover just about half of my browser). It's similar to being used to one keyboard layout by feeling - if you suddenly have to use a different layout, there's be trouble and lots of frustration (for example, when I went to France. I know the German and the English keyboards just by feeling. I wouldn't be able to exactly *tell* where each key is, but if I hovered my hands over the keyboard, I'd know how to move them to strike the right keys [and no, I don't use the ten finger typing system, I usually use my two index fingers, and some extras when striking non-letter keys]. I guess this falls under "Motor memory". So when I went to France, I first had to get used to the new layout.). I basically know where most of my important tabs are, but sometimes in part locating them works with spotting a seeing certain favicons in their places. It's nasty when the favicons refuse to load, too. I can still function without them, but it gets a bit more difficult.

So yeah, due to the position of the AGs tab (it's an honour to be the first tab in my browser, by the way), it's not as bad as I made it out to be (though my first reaction really was close to what I wrote. I didn't actually shout "NOOOOOO!!"...well, at least not out loud. But when I took time to think about it, as you saw, it wasn't really that bad.).

Still, change is bad! Evil! EVIL!!

-

Old 09-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #138
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Well, the torch is recognizable as the torch from our logo to very frequent users (or at least some of them) but not to others, so hence the new favicon.

Edit: oh, and thanks for the honor of being on the first tab.

Last edited by Marek; 09-24-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Well, the torch is recognizable as the torch from our logo to very frequent users (or at least some of them) but not to others, so hence the new favicon.

To continue your metaphor, however, it's not like it changed your QWERTY keyboard into an AZERTY one or anything, it's only one key that changed.

Wait a minute? I have a QWERT*Y* keyboard?

Waaaah! I've been typing like I have a QWERT*Z* keyboard all the time! All my posts must be wrong! WAAAAAAAAH!!!

-

I have a German keyboard, silly. They're different, though the Z/Y swap is only the least. When it comes to punctuation marks, that's where the big differences between the English and German keyboards begin. I learned the layout, and especially the positions of the punctuation marks of the American keyboard through having to type in cheats in Baldur's Gate II which uses the American/English layout even in the German version. And later when I went to my International School, I used keyboards with American layouts on a daily basis, so I learned the rest there. But most of it I learned through (blind) trial and error with no previous knowledge except that Y and Z are switched, and that no Ö, Ü, or Ä are available.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #140
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Jaz: deep breaths...