You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Basic info missing from reviews?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #1

Default Basic info missing from reviews?

I love Adventure games, so when I stumbled onto this site, I was quite excited. But after browsing all over the site, including through several reviews, I find something crucial missing: an indication of what platform a particular game plays on!

I have a Mac, so I know that not every game is available to me. Compatability is one of the first things I look for when I'm reading a review. But here I cannot find any information on anything having to do with system requirements, let alone simply whether a game is available for Mac.

Why is this information not included???

Is this a PC/Windows only site?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Elegantly copy+pasted

No, but the vast majority of adventure games are released for Windows. Unless otherwise noted, you can probably assume that any game we review is a DOS/Windows game.

Of course, that doesn't mean you can't play it on Macs. A few titles get dual releases, and with DOSBox and ScummVM, a lot of games made for PCs will run on Macs.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

Welcome to AG, Quartermoon. System info is not a detail likely to appear on our review pages directly, but it is something we have planned for when we eventually... hopefully... some day upgrade our game information pages (currently available only through the Search function). So, yeah. It should be info you can easily access at some point in the foreseeable future.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Quartermoon, you may want to check out this thread, which lists some Mac adventure games.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
So, yeah. It should be info you can easily access at some point in the foreseeable future.
That's good to hear, thanks!

And thanks for the heads up, Fov.

You folks are really nice!