You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Frogwares - Waël Amr interview

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Frogwares - Waël Amr interview

I just read the Frogwares - Waël Amr interview and it was one of those articles that made me say Oooh many times. I also went Ooooh when I read the hands on preview as well.

This is one of those games that I am very excited about (and envious of the French and German players). I've played both Mystery of the Mummy (I had fun) and Silver Earring (lots of fun as well and I've replayed that and actually was better at the two difficult parts the second time ).

I like their approach to Sherlock Holmes and focusing on his character and I love that they used a Lovecraft story/creation for the story. It was fascinating to me to hear why they picked a first person perspective (it's neat to hear why certain design choices are made).

It was also cool to hear that they would be porting the game to the DS as well as the fact they are working on a Dracula game (oooh).

So it's out in the UK next month and I perused the release dates page but I'm not sure when the North American release is. (Edit: Doh! - note to self, check news)

Also, that picture of Waël with the animals on his shoulder is cute.

Last edited by Melanie68; 01-13-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

Waël's so scrappy, he's always a fun interview.

The Awakened DS news took me totally off guard. So now with Sinking Island and Sherlock getting ports, and an original Undercover in progress, I think we can fairly safely say that the platform is catching on outside of Japan (for adventures).

And I was glad to hear they're doing a Dracula game. I couldn't get more details about it this early, but we can use a really dark and creepy adventure in full 3D.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Grue Master

Excellent interview thanks. Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is an Excellent game.