You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Disappearing threads?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #1

Default Disappearing threads?

I have been looking for a thread that I posted to on Saturday called: "How to run dos games on WinXP" that was moved from Adventure to General Forum and seems now to have disappeared altogether. It seemed to be developing into a very helpful thread and I can't think why it would have been deleted. An advanced search has turned up nothing.

Help?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

I don't know specifically about this thread, but if anything it was merged into existing threads in the Hints and Tech forum where there are already other such topics (and where they belong).
Old 10-09-2006, 07:55 AM   #3

Yes, I tried that thinking exactly the same thing, but it's not there either and search turns up nothing at all in any forum. Curious.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I don't know specifically about this thread, but if anything it was merged into existing threads in the Hints and Tech forum where there are already other such topics (and where they belong).
I think it accidentally got deleted. It was originally in Adventure where the link to the moved thread can't be found. I can't find it in General and if you do the easy thing and click on Dara100's profile and look at the threads she has started, her DosBox one doesn't show up.

It must be floating in the ether somewhere.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

Yep, must have been deleted when it was making a second move out of General, then. That certainly happens on occasion, though usually only when I get at them.

Unfortunately, there's absolutely no trace of it anymore, even in the ether, so it's well and truly buggered, I'm afraid.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
Friendly Server Admin

It may have been related to a vBulletin 3.6.1 bug that caused data loss when threads were moved with redirects. If so, it's gone

Fortunately, the update is out now, so it shouldn't happen anymore.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:35 PM   #7

Oh well. Thanks all for checking it out.