You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Deleting your account

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
So I think you'd be missing out by 'eventually being gone', and you'll never know if you'll actually make a few close friends here. We've had people come here from other communities for the same exact reasons you want to eventually be gone for, and they've stayed precisely because of the love, and because of the excellent discussions. Why run away just because of one not so perfect first impression according to you? Stick around a while, you'll warm up to us.

Am I right, people? Am I right?

You are so right. I felt a little out of place when I first started posting regularly but I think everyone here is terrific. Lots of different personalities that often complement each other.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #22
Banned User

Hey! I didn't know you were staff lol. Cool. Well, I've checked the JA+ forums and few others and it's like you said. There probably won't be a place that one wouldn't get into a fight every now and then. I don't know. I'm feeling a bit confused. Yesterday after reading all these replies I felt like "hell yeah, I'm staying!" lol Now, when getting into another argument and this time with the admin I was back into "**** them all, I'm gone". Not very mature, huh? lol

Maybe I should just take a time off. I've been told before I take things (on internet forums) too seriously and dramatize things even more sometimes. I don't know. Oh well... Thanks again for your message.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #23
merely human

Also, remember: The pan is mightier than the troll!!!

If you're feeling a bit antagonized, use it on the person! Does wonders and gets a laugh . This is how it works:

victim's
name
here
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #24
Banned User

tabacco

*runs away scared*
Old 10-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #25
Under pressure.

Hahaha! Poor Tabacco.

"Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!" Oh god, this thread cracks me up... Trep is right: The pan does make people laugh.

--Erwin
Old 10-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #26
Invoker of tumbleweeds.

This is the most geeky and melodramatic discussion I have ever seen in my entire life.

We all need to play a little less, and get out a little more...
Old 10-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #27
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiksnax
This is the most geeky and melodramatic discussion I have ever seen in my entire life.

Amen
Old 10-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #28
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiksnax

Kwiksnax

NO! We need to play a lot more adventure games, and get out less!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #29
furryyellowthing

Send a message via Yahoo to BoyToy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYou
[...] but the site admin doesn't like me very much. In his own words, I'm the first on his ignore list (because I tried asking him why he thinks I'm childish).
There's so much more to this place than 'just' the admin!
And wouldn't it be pointless to be on a discussion forum, where everybody only agrees to you? (In fact it would make more sense to leave a forum, where nobody disagrees with you.)

So, in other words: I'll have to put you on my ignore list, if you leave!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #30
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
In answer to your question, I don't think it's possible to delete your own account. We're the Hotel California of game forums.
Yes you can't delete your account, some freak registered me to this forum 3 years ago and I still can't leave... they even made me forum moderator... what a torture I tell you. If I ever find the guy... I'll... I'll....I'll thank him, that's what I'll do, yes, yes.

Oh, I hear the guards coming to get me back to my cell in the basement!

It's a nice place, you'll love it here, ILY.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #31
merely human

LOL!! Thanks, Voodsie, that's my hearty giggle for the day.

Besides, if you never came here I would never have had some of my most cherished fainting sessions over your gorgeous good looks.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #32
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
Yes you can't delete your account, some freak registered me to this forum 3 years ago and I still can't leave... they even made me forum moderator... what a torture I tell you. If I ever find the guy... I'll... I'll....I'll thank him, that's what I'll do, yes, yes.

Oh, I hear the guards coming to get me back to my cell in the basement!

It's a nice place, you'll love it here, ILY.

Ah, it's time for the thumbscrews again, isn't it?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!