You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Deleting your account

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 02:51 AM   #1
Banned User

Default Deleting your account

How does one do that? *edit* Okay, nevermind U guys talked me into staying lol. Thank you

Last edited by ILoveYou; 10-01-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:16 AM   #2

Hmm, I hope you're not leaving because of the somewhat heated discussion about whether Fahrenheit is an adventure or not. I think you're a valuable member of this community, so please don't leave because of something that happened between you and certain other members.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:37 AM   #3
Banned User

Well basically that is the main reason because I wanna leave. I might be taking it too dramatically or whatever but I honestly feel disapointed in this forum. Not saying this as an attack towards anyone but I just feel like the adventure game players have changed, at least in my eyes. I'm not ready to change my views about what's adventure and what is not. I'd rather just close my eyes and keep on playing the old fashioned AG's while some company still releases them.

Thanks alot of your comments tho You'll find me at JA+ forums
Old 10-01-2005, 05:02 AM   #4
Under pressure.

*sob*

--Erwin
Old 10-01-2005, 05:40 AM   #5
Doctor Watson

Many purists reside this way: - http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=1355 - http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=2086 - http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=7568 - http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=1086
Old 10-01-2005, 06:46 AM   #6
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYou
Well basically that is the main reason because I wanna leave. I might be taking it too dramatically or whatever but I honestly feel disapointed in this forum. Not saying this as an attack towards anyone but I just feel like the adventure game players have changed, at least in my eyes. I'm not ready to change my views about what's adventure and what is not. I'd rather just close my eyes and keep on playing the old fashioned AG's while some company still releases them.

Thanks alot of your comments tho You'll find me at JA+ forums
I don't see that as any reason to leave. We have members here who hasn't play a single adventure game (em-deecee for one) and still happily stayed on.

I don't think anyone here aims to change anybody elses's point of view, whatever they may be. Everyone is entitled to speak what's on their mind of anything, and you're entitled to the choice of whether or not to listen to them. Don't take things too seriously here. There's already a lot of seriousness in the other world.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I would say try and stick it out a little longer. Believe it or not, I've been tempted at times to leave these boards. The discussions can get very heated in some threads, and other times you can be turned off by the strange humor some people have. But you learn not to take things personally here and to respect other people when your opinion gets put down. Just give yourself some time to cool down and you'll hopefully come back in the end.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:53 AM   #8
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Yay, you're staying! I just love your name, it makes me happy to read it.

It's easy to take things personally on Internet forums, but sometimes it's good to just step back and take a breather. Also another point is that just because people may not come to your defense in a debate doesn't mean that you're the only one holding that particular point of view. There are always people reading your input that may agree with you but may be too (timid, tired, busy, busy playing AGs ) to post.

Edit: Also, it's always good to have more than one point of view on these boards.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:09 AM   #9
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

Hey ILoveYou you are a Good member here at The Adventure Gamers forum So Please did leave us ILoveYou.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:16 AM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

ILoveYou, please see the PM I just sent you.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #11
Hopeful skeptic

ILY, it's good to know you're sticking around. Having people with varying perspectives and insights is definitely what we try to encourage here.

In answer to your question, I don't think it's possible to delete your own account. We're the Hotel California of game forums.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
Super Moderator

ILY - I'm glad you're staying as well. There are lots of debates that go on here and being a horrid arguer myself, I don't get involved much. But, it seems, after all the debating, everyone seems to dust themselves off after the big smackdown and continue on. The people here are kind, supportive and definitely worth the price of admission.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
We're the Hotel California of game forums.
You mean there's no wine?? Gah!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #14
merely human

You're staying, ILY?!! That's great.

You know, if you really think about it, the difference between this community and any good community in the real world, where people agree and disagree all the time and in the end laugh it off and have a beer after, is nothing.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #15
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
ILY, it's good to know you're sticking around. Having people with varying perspectives and insights is definitely what we try to encourage here.

In answer to your question, I don't think it's possible to delete your own account. We're the Hotel California of game forums.
Oh no! Are we going to end up killing ourselves here!?
Old 10-02-2005, 04:31 AM   #16
Banned User

LOL! You guys are crazy Thanks for talking me out of it.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #17
merely human

We conspire to love our members.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #18
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
We conspire to love our members.

That is true We love are members here at Adventure Gamers Forum
Old 10-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #19
Banned User

Not wanting to sound like a drama queen or a martyr but the site admin doesn't like me very much. In his own words, I'm the first on his ignore list (because I tried asking him why he thinks I'm childish). First, after reading your replys to this thread I felt like I took things too seriously. Now it's becoming clear that I really am unwelcome and un-needed here. I will stick around and possibly post few messages every then and now and then but eventually I'll be gone.

And before you rush in, telling you don't care or you won't miss me; I wrote this only to these nice people who took their time convincing me to stay Thanks alot again.

(sorry for the bunch of edits, I'm european lol)

Last edited by ILoveYou; 10-02-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #20
merely human

Okay, to be quite honest, I think this is actually one of the most loving and accepting communities you'll ever find, ILoveYou. And I'm not saying that just because I'm staff. I joined this place five years ago and was only invited to be a news updater and a mod a couple or so years ago.

If you really want to discover how much love we have for each other here, hang out more often in the Chit Chat forum. We're quite a close knit bunch of characters. Yes, characters . You may not get along with a few people here but that doesn't mean you always end up fighting every single time. And that's how I get on here as well, and anyone else here. Hey, that's exactly how it works in the real world, anyway. If there is any kind of discussion or thread that you don't want to deal with, you can simply ignore it and move onto the next one.

So I think you'd be missing out by 'eventually being gone', and you'll never know if you'll actually make a few close friends here. We've had people come here from other communities for the same exact reasons you want to eventually be gone for, and they've stayed precisely because of the love, and because of the excellent discussions. Why run away just because of one not so perfect first impression according to you? Stick around a while, you'll warm up to us.

Am I right, people? Am I right?