You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Archived Developer Chats Fahrenheit Chat Are you anticipated selling statistics like this? Which one of the platforms was supr

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
AdventureGames.hu

Send a message via MSN to Tomsess
Default Are you anticipated selling statistics like this? Which one of the platforms was supr

Are you anticipated selling statistics like this? Which one of the platforms was suprise for you?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:51 AM   #2

I was anticipating reasonably good review and a major commercial failure. I was convinced that 80% of the press would definitely throw stones at me and that some hardcore adventure gamers would buy the game. I thought that the very unusual approach of the title would cut it from most gamers and makes it a kind of strange thing.

Press surprised me first. Some people get really excited about it and how it was different. Gamers surprised me when the game was released, putting the game at the top of the selling charts in almost all countries. I don't think that an adventure game get this kind of reviews and sales for a while.

It makes me much more optimistic about the future of this industry. The main question was to me : "do people always buy the same games because this is what they want, or because they are all we offer them?". Indigo brings the answer : gamers are not all retard teenagers only wanting to kill zombies. Most of them have interest in original experiences. Even more: they want to be taken very seriously and have high expectations in matter of storytelling and directing.
If any publishers think seriously two minutes about it, this is a very interesting message.

Regarding the platform, the Xbox is a great surprise. Publishers suddenly stopped making games for the console, leaving all the xbox owners on their own. These people are still there and Indigo arrived at the right moment for them.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
gamers are not all retard teenagers only wanting to kill zombies.
I'd like to get this on a tee shirt.

It's great to hear you're so optimistic, David. I hope the publishers listen.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
Regarding the platform, the Xbox is a great surprise. Publishers suddenly stopped making games for the console, leaving all the xbox owners on their own. These people are still there and Indigo arrived at the right moment for them.
HAHA!!! I chose the Xbox version! Partly because I wanted to send the message that we need more of these kinds of games for consoles, damnit!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-29-2005, 06:18 PM   #5

I bought it for XBOX too on the day it came out. But that was because I heard the XBOX version was alot better than the PS2 version.

But if I would've had a good PC, I would've gotten it for that instead (like I did with Omikron) just for the sake of adding mods to it later.

But the XBOX version was a very good choice, and I play consoles more anyway.