You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Archived Developer Chats Fahrenheit Chat What do you think about the future of the adventure games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
AdventureGames.hu

Send a message via MSN to Tomsess
Default What do you think about the future of the adventure games?

What do you think about the future of the adventure games?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #2

I hope that Indigo will give ideas to other people who will be interested in the emotional side of it. It would be great to have some competitors in that genre, as it would resurect it in the eyes of publishers...

I strongly believe that virtual actors will play a major role in the future, synthetic actors able to express emotions. I also hope that we will finally be able to fill the gap with cinema and include their talents in our interactive productions in a way that makes sense for both.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
merely human

LOL! I just suddenly invisioned the equivalent of the Academy Awards for this kind of thing, with real world actors and designers such as yourself being nominated and receiving an award: a golden statuette of a motion capture dummy.

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien