You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat WTF is going on here?!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 10:54 PM   #1
merely human

Default WTF is going on here?!!!

I take a few days off the community and you all freak out. SHEESH!! I guess I have some explaining to do: tempsie, you're a bitch for mistaking my compliment comparing your beauty to a cute great writer who wrote Breakfast At Tiffany's and In Cold Blood (actually you would have really been insulted if I had compared you to him in his later years when he got fat and so f#&king gay), but I love you anywaypleasedumpyourgirlfriendnowandmarrymeeventhoughiam suresheisanincrediblewomanwhosorightlydeservesyou.

Anyway, I took the past several days off from all this claustrophobic online community soap opera shit, triggered by that dumb thread (which I started anyway ;only lurked, not participated, I still had a duty to fulfill as mod and news updater). It was good for me, let me breath real world air, not that clinical digital stuff passed off as oxygen. I went and finally got my Oregon ID, found GameCrazy, the only gaming store in Corvallis, and grabbed a pre-owned copy of SC: Pandora Tomorrow for cheap (excellent, but need to finish Thief: DS first), and called my paranoid mom and tried to convince her I walk the streets late at night naked hoping to run into a serial killer.

My double-headed baby t-shirt and patches finally came and I'm eating more bananas (which has a protein that the body converts to seratonin, so you literally do feel happier). And then our internet cable modem died on us so we were offline for a day and a half, which proves that I am not a geek, because I didn't have a panick attack and broke down, I simply went on walks and made some cd mixes to send to friends and counted spiders out in the front yard (it's obscene how many spiders the state of Oregon has per square feet). This past weekend big R and I went on caprice again to his bro's beach house and we took the stinky old dog for a morning walk on the beach (low tide).

Crap, I gotta change my av. It's depressing the hell outta me.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
fire breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I take a few days off the community and you all freak out. SHEESH!!
It's because you're loved.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
merely human

Spade

ARGH!! STFU, you're making me cry!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
fire breathing

Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 PM   #5
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Trep!!!!
*grabs Trep up in a big bear hug, lifting his feet off the ground*
It's good to hear that you weren't abducted by aliens or Bigfoot or something icky like that.
It sounds like you had a good time decompressing and enjoying the real world. Isn't it cool the way it automatically restarts every day? I haven't figured out how to "save" in that particular game, though.
It's great to have you back!
*grabs Trep up in a big bear hug...again*

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 08-19-2005, 11:09 PM   #6
Banned User

You come back and this is the avatar you give us?! Total crap!

To me, that dude was ugly. And it kinda freaked me out because he looks like a younger version of my father (sure, I could post their pictures up side by side, but I WONT!). We's cool homie. But remember, I ain't too proud to smack a bitch!

Anyway, you better don your riot gear, I get the feeling the piracy thread is far from over.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
with extra cheese!

Quote:
I'm eating more bananas (which has a protein that the body converts to seratonin, so you literally do feel happier).
So that's why my life sucks: I haven't eaten a banana in two months.

You seem slightly more insane than usual, Treplet. But please understand we really did miss, and do love you. Don't do that disappearing thing again, ok?
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #8
fire breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars

Anyway, you better don your riot gear, I get the feeling the piracy thread is far from over.

*spade runs past wearing a beret and wielding a hand grenade while shouting "down with piracy! down with piracy!"
Old 08-19-2005, 11:12 PM   #9
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade
*spade runs past wearing a beret and wielding a hand grenade while shouting "down with piracy! down with piracy!"
*Swims nude through pirated games just to piss spade off.

What did the five fingers say to the face?!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #10
merely human

I am NOT even considering getting into that piracy crap again. I already warned people not to descend to personal comments. That's wot I meant by taking off a few days.

Quote:
Trep!!!!
*grabs Trep up in a big bear hug, lifting his feet off the ground*
It's good to hear that you weren't abducted by aliens or Bigfoot or something icky like that.
It sounds like you had a good time decompressing and enjoying the real world. Isn't it cool the way it automatically restarts every day? I haven't figured out how to "save" in that particular game, though.
It's great to have you back!
*grabs Trep up in a big bear hug...again*
You do realize I have a platonic crush on you. Now put me down before I suffocate.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:18 PM   #11
Banned User

Quote:
I am NOT even considering getting into that piracy crap again.
Wuss!

Come on in. The water's fineeeeeeeeeee.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
You do realize I have a platonic crush on you. Now put me down before I suffocate.
Hey, they were platonic hugs...we were both dressed.
What can I say? I'm demonstrative. Deal with it.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 08-19-2005, 11:25 PM   #13
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Wuss!

Come on in. The water's fineeeeeeeeeee.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #14
Psychonaut

Welcome Back Trep
Old 08-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #15
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Ahhhh! It's attack of the mac sharks! Noooo! I don't want quicktime!!!

I smell cat vomit.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:34 PM   #16
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Good to have you back trep! Any progress on your book while you were away?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:35 PM   #17
merely human

I'm more scared of that Apple logo, ironically.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:16 AM   #18
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Welcome back sweetie! Boy have you been missed this time! I'll bet you did this deliberately just to see who your friends really are! Love you anyway!

Lynsie
Old 08-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #19
merely human

Well, I was aware that grey av would get attention, but I was in foul mood that day and am not one to hold it in. Crap, that 'sense' av just isn't working....gotta find something else.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:50 AM   #20
Epinionated.

Yay!

*whacks Trep upside the head*

Now, don't do that again, y'hear? Good to know you're OK, though. Got us going for a bit. I was starting to fear for SamNMax's sanity.