You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Best Member on the forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 06:30 AM   #81
fov
Rattenmonster

Aww. You guys are making me all smiley this morning.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:40 AM   #82
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
Damn...you guys figured me out...
Someone get the Holy Water, this evil satanic demon shalt be vanquished!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:45 AM   #83
Squeaky

Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #84
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Quote:
Goddammit, stop posting gorgeous pics of yourself already!!

My hot niece would go for you. She loves Brit boys and she's small and shapely and can be quite evil. And she gives great backrubs........well, not yet, I have to teach her first.
Sorry Trep, but I do it to get ya goin ya know

Oh and get said "hot niece" on here. Or at leastpost a pic. You have to now mate, you haf commited! Small and shapely...mmm....evil....erm.....MMMMMM. Backrubs? Will she do other rubs (LOL)? U know..........

Like my legs after 100 miles on me bike

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:19 AM   #85
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
Someone get the Holy Water, this evil satanic demon shalt be vanquished!!
I drink Holy Water for breakfast Demon Slayer! Have at thee!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #86

Quote:
I drink Holy Water for breakfast Demon Slayer! Have at thee!
You are powerful indeed but can you defeat the power of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

That's a nice segue way into asking you this question. What's your opinion of Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Be vewy, vewy careful, Sanjuro. There are many crazed Monthy Python fans on the forums including our own Jazy the loony.

Last edited by gillyruless; 07-19-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #87
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

"Camelot"

"Camelot"

"Camelot"

"It's only a model"

"Shhhhh"

We're Knights of the Round Table.
We dance whene'er we're able.
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable.
We dine well here in Camelot.
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.

We're Knights of the Round Table.
Our shows are formidable,
But many times we're given rhymes
That are quite unsingable.
We're opera mad in Camelot.
We sing from the diaphragm a lot.

In war we're tough and able,
Quite indefatigable.
Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable.
It's a busy life in Camelot.

I have to push the pram a looooooooooooot.

"On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot, 'tis a silly place".

"Book of Armaments" (Chapter 2, verses 9-21), as follows: "And the LORD spake, saying, first shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither thou count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/grenade.wav

So there

Last edited by Elton28; 07-19-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #88
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton28
Sorry Trep, but I do it to get ya goin ya know
Bitch.

Quote:
Oh and get said "hot niece" on here. Or at leastpost a pic. You have to now mate, you haf commited! Small and shapely...mmm....evil....erm.....MMMMMM. Backrubs? Will she do other rubs (LOL)? U know..........
Sorry, mate, she's taken (currently dating a rock musician). Damn, she keeps telling me how she'd love to study in London and hang out with beautful Brit guys, and then she goes off with some new boy. I hope she keeps this one for a very long time. If not I'll let her know about you (though you'd have to duel with squaresie first, but you may have an edge, she kinda likes older hunks....wait, she loves kooky cute boys too, so squaresie's got that upper hand). Need to get current pic of her, she got tattoos and piercings. I adore her so much.

LMAO!!!!! I'm such a freaking pimp!!!

Quote:
Like my legs after 100 miles on me bike
STFU!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #89
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
You are powerful indeed but can you defeat the power of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

That's a nice segue way into asking you this question. What's your opinion of Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Be vewy, vewy careful, Sanjuro. There are many crazed Monthy Python fans on the forums including our own Jazy the loony.

I like Monty Python. I think John Cleese, in particular, is a wonderful comedian. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is great, but I think Life of Brian is maybe equally good. I also like Terry Gilliam, as a filmmaker (Brazil is great, better than 12 Monkeys damn it). A Fish Called Wanda is also quite entertaining, it has some of the Python crew in it. And there's the "sort of" sequel released about a decade later...I forget the name of it.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #90

Quote:
I like Monty Python. I think John Cleese, in particular, is a wonderful comedian. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is great, but I think Life of Brian is maybe equally good. I also like Terry Gilliam, as a filmmaker (Brazil is great, better than 12 Monkeys damn it). A Fish Called Wanda is also quite entertaining, it has some of the Python crew in it. And there's the "sort of" sequel released about a decade later...I forget the name of it.
It's weird, but although Life a Brian is much much more coherent as a movie, I've always prefered Holy Grail, because scenes, as badly put together as they are, are just masterpieces of nonsense, crazy voices, and, well, plain fun.
Brazil is so good is hurts, I think it's one of my five favorites.
And a fish named Wanda is cute and funny, but it's not that remarkable, in my opinion.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #91
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Me winds Trep up again cos it's funny

All freshly shaved too Trep LMAO!!!!

Old 07-19-2005, 01:32 PM   #92
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
It's weird, but although Life a Brian is much much more coherent as a movie, I've always prefered Holy Grail, because scenes, as badly put together as they are, are just masterpieces of nonsense, crazy voices, and, well, plain fun.
Brazil is so good is hurts, I think it's one of my five favorites.
And a fish named Wanda is cute and funny, but it's not that remarkable, in my opinion.
Yeah, I think Holy Grail is more enjoyable, but the witty commentary on life, religion, ancient practices, etc. in Brian is as clever or moreso than what is seen in Holy Grail. But yes, as pure comedy, Grail is better. Glad you love Brazil though, fantastic movie. As for A Fish Called Wanda, notice I said it's "entertaining" which isn't, for me, the same as saying a movie is truly good. Ha ha.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #93

Quote:
That would be Fierce Creatures. It pains me to say this since I love Cleese, Michael Palin and even Kevin Cline, I though it was an awful film. A Fish Called Wanda on the other hand is a classic in my book.

Terry Gilliam is a genius. I also loved Brazil and am looking very much forward to the Brothers Grimm and Tideland. Read this description of Tideland from IMDB:

After her mother dies from a heroin overdose, Jeliza-Rose is taken from the big city to a rural farmhouse by her father. As she tries to settle into a new life in her mother's childhood home, Jeliza-Rose's attempts to deal with what's happened result in increasingly odd behavior, as she begins to communicate mainly with her bodiless Barbie doll heads and Dell, a neighborhood woman who always wears a beekeeper's veil.

Sounds very much like a Terry Gilliam movie, doesn't it?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Need to get current pic of her, she got tattoos and piercings. I adore her so much.
Please do not post her pic. If she's half as as attractive as you, I might have a heart attack encountering her picture. I don't think my gentle and naive sensibility can handle such hotness.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #95
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
[...] Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
*just keeled over laughing*

Or, to quote Jazhara's smileys of multitude:

-
Almost fooled ya at first glance, didn't I?
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #96
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that most castle's in the movie were one and the same. Castle Antrhax, Castle ARRRRRGH... and the French-Mocking-Castle were all the same castle.
(They're selling the script of Holy Grail in the Souvenir Shop)

Quote:

You all should see "Fierce Creatures"! It's by the same people, and it's hilarious!

(I never really liked "A Fish Named Wanda")

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-19-2005, 04:47 PM   #97
merely human

Quote:
Me winds Trep up again cos it's funny

All freshly shaved too Trep LMAO!!!!
F#&ker. Hate you.....well, no I don't but........!!!

Quote:
Please do not post her pic. If she's half as as attractive as you, I might have a heart attack encountering her picture. I don't think my gentle and naive sensibility can handle such hotness.
She's definitely a hottie, IMO; always has boys following her (and she's not even trying!). But really, it's her personality that makes her a true heartbreaker. She's a dreamer, romantic, laid back, and a sensitive soul, so it's simply effortless to bond with her and know that she'll find something good in you, in anyone.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #98
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

My vote goes to Emily, hurricane Emily

fov, you're the greatest.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 PM   #99
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
My vote goes to Emily, hurricane Emily
Thanks.

That hurricane has had a pretty long run, hasn't it? I'm getting a little disconcerted, seeing my name in the headlines every day. My favorite so far: "Emily slams into Mexican resort hotel."
Old 07-20-2005, 01:31 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
You all should see "Fierce Creatures"! It's by the same people, and it's hilarious!

(I never really liked "A Fish Named Wanda")
I saw it, and liked it, but I liked A fish named Wanda better. And both are far from Holy Grail or Life of Brian, I think.