You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Violin composition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
Schoolgirl From Hell

Default Violin composition

Can someone with a musical inclination tell me something. That string quartet Bond (ugh) - they have a track called "Viva". Is it their own original composition or their own interpretation? I'm pretty sure that it was originally composed by someone else... someone who died long ago. Err, yeah... help me please? Even though I sound like an idiot.

On that same breath, if you know any site which I can download excellent classical composition in mp3 (preferably with lots of violin or piano), let me know.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 07-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #2
Epinionated.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...venturegame-20

The track's on here for people to help. I gave it a listen, but it made me want to curl into a ball and start sobbing (sorry).

Annoyingly I know the track but can't remember the composition...
Old 07-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #3
Epinionated.

It's Vivaldi.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #4
Epinionated.

"Winter" from The Four Seasons .
Old 07-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I like the Viva!=Vivaldi link. About as much as I like the music ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #6

Oh man, you have no idea how much it hurts to hear people saying bad things about Vivaldi and Four Seasons. I know that they are just saying that they do not like it but Four Seasons was my first love so it still hurts to hear that. Four Seasons is the first classical music piece I learned to appreciate. Four Seasons vinyl LP was the first records that I have ever bought. I played the record so much that it's a bit banged up but I still treasure it to this day.

Winter is not my favorite movement. Spring, which is by far the best known, happens to be my favorite but Winter is also quote enjoyable. I haven't heard of Bond but I must try Viva now. If you want to listen to the original and compare with Viva, you can down load a free MP3 from here:

http://music.download.com/nationalch...ting#100704917

Yea, yea, yea, you might be wincing at the Moldova part but the recording is actually quite good. Mira, do poke around music.download.com, you can find a lot of free classical MP3 on the site. 20 Century and modern especially have some interesting stuff. You won't find recordings of artists with major label records (Bond releases their albums through Decca for example) but you will find some quality stuff. It's a bit hit and miss unfortunately as not all of the recordings are good
Old 07-13-2005, 04:10 AM   #7
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I should clarify. I have nothing against the great man himself. I have everything against Bond.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-16-2005, 01:28 AM   #8
Schoolgirl From Hell

Thanks people. Mmm.... I agree, though. Bond is just chicks in tight clothes with violins. That's just my opinion. I don't fancy them but I thought that composition Viva seemed familiar and did wonder if it's their work or their interpretation of someone else's work. If so, I just wanted to hear the original, not the popped-up version. I happen to like Four Seasons. Does anyone know where else can I download free mp3s of these classicals?

Old 07-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
Life and times of...

I mean, seriously. I had never heard of them, but even from their CD cover I can see the whole, eh, Bond is quite a pathetic thing... Things like these pop up every now and then, some "babes" trying to sell with some classic like they would be so special and teaching people classic and getting them interesting or something (I don't actually know how classic it actually is, as I said, I've never heard of it before), but all it really sells with are the players, not the songs. If any normal person would try to sell that, no one would even notice them (also, the players try to act like they're really smart usually...)
Old 07-16-2005, 02:43 PM   #10
Epinionated.

Uptimist, whenever you post I think of Turin Brakes.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #11
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Sex sells in any industry.

Oh, by the way, have you guys seen this Beauty In Music site before? It have one of the largest collection of the beautiful and handsome musician today (with no pop-stars like Mariah Carey, Brittney Spears or Christina Aguilera).

And if you feel Bond is overhyped, you'd yet to see/hear Eroica Trio and Ahn Trio. They see millions, and they are atrocious!!

Luckily for me, my fav quartet ain't even listed on the site! Hahaa~!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Thanks people. Mmm.... I agree, though. Bond is just chicks in tight clothes with violins. That's just my opinion. I don't fancy them but I thought that composition Viva seemed familiar and did wonder if it's their work or their interpretation of someone else's work. If so, I just wanted to hear the original, not the popped-up version. I happen to like Four Seasons. Does anyone know where else can I download free mp3s of these classicals?
Hmm, me thinks that you didn't read my post, Mira. Try music.download.com. The link from my previous post has what I think is the best available MP3 download on the site for the Winter movement of Four Seasons. Try performing the search and you will find other movements as well. You won't be getting Berlin Philharmonic’s pieces under the direction of von Karayan at the site but you will still be getting many decent pieces, all free and legit.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #13
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Uptimist, whenever you post I think of Turin Brakes.
Hero-with-an-oddly-shaped-jaw, whenever you say Turin Brakes, it means nothing to me (I really have no idea what that is)

(Edit): Right, I googled, and apparently it's a band?
Old 07-17-2005, 01:10 AM   #14
Epinionated.

Yes, and a very good one. At least the first and third albums are, the second I've no idea! The first album is called The Optimist Up, so naturally everytime you pop up you get me thinking of it.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:56 AM   #15
Life and times of...

Ah, well, that's a good title
Old 07-17-2005, 03:29 AM   #16
Epinionated.

Oops, I meant The Optimist LP, although I could've sworn it was "up". Anyhow, give them a listen [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000594XF//ref=nosim/adventuregame-20[/url]
Old 07-17-2005, 05:03 AM   #17
Life and times of...

They have a little bit of a Simon & Garfunkel thing going on, don't they?
Old 07-17-2005, 06:04 AM   #18
Epinionated.

Just a tad. The new album is brill, but I heard the second one was a bit so-so. Still might get it anyway.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:21 AM   #19
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Just a tad.
Yeah, just a tad... (This wasn't a very insightful comment, was it?)
Old 07-19-2005, 04:21 AM   #20
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Hmm, me thinks that you didn't read my post, Mira. Try music.download.com. The link from my previous post has what I think is the best available MP3 download on the site for the Winter movement of Four Seasons. Try performing the search and you will find other movements as well. You won't be getting Berlin Philharmonic’s pieces under the direction of von Karayan at the site but you will still be getting many decent pieces, all free and legit.
Thanks Gilly. Sorry I didn't get to download it the first time around, that's why I didn't comment on it yet. But I'm well satisfied now.