You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 AM   #21
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I think one of their first culinary rules is "Eat the pig, eat the whole pig", much like here. What a royal pain vegetarianism must be when travelling, especially in more rural areas.
It is. It never bothered me personally - I've been a proto-veggie for 6 years now, but my love of steak had the better of me. Now I'm having a "meat feast" since we broke up, but I think I'll return to my low-meat diet! I enjoy it!

Quote:
You mean it costs about the same to fly a few hundred miles to Spain as it does to fly thousands of miles to the US? Far out!
Whoops, no it costs more to the US. Sorry 'bout that error.

Quote:
Detroit is widely considered..."icky" by those that have been there (I haven't), but Chicago is great! Chicagoans like to eat, drink, and party, so you should fit right in and have a blast! If Trepsie hadn't bugged out for Corvallis, I'd be planning a trip to Chicago right now myself.
I've been to Detroit and I agree, it's icky, but my bro lives there with his wife. I'm thinking of meeting them in Chicago, but don't want to go back to the US until I've got my driving license under my belt.

Quote:
@ simpson_yellow- The idea of a poll didn't occur to me at the time, although it seems rather obvious now. Taking a friend would be cool, but it would have to be a quite close friend if I expect them to put up with my snoring, and I don't have that many close friends around here. Better to fly solo for now.
LOL, snoring? Tell 'em to wear earplugs! I'm a light sleeper, however, so I'm being a bit hypocritical here. I'd go with you, but I had to fork out for a new laptop for the ex - I owe her her part of the deposit on my flat and some money towards the things we bought together. Now I'm jealous! It's a nice one too!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #22
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
@ insane_cobra- Wow, Rovinj looks absolutely gorgeous! Take lots of photos and post them here, please.
I'll do my best to remind myself to take some with my crappy camera then.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #23
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
It is. It never bothered me personally - I've been a proto-veggie for 6 years now, but my love of steak had the better of me. Now I'm having a "meat feast" since we broke up, but I think I'll return to my low-meat diet! I enjoy it!
I'm by no means a vegetarian, but I rarely eat red meat, and do occasionally enjoy a vegetarian meal or two.

Quote:
I'm thinking of meeting them in Chicago, but don't want to go back to the US until I've got my driving license under my belt.
Excellent idea. Most cities in the US aren't designed with pedestrians in mind, except older ones like New York City, New Orleans, and Savannah Ga.

Quote:
LOL, snoring? Tell 'em to wear earplugs! I'm a light sleeper, however, so I'm being a bit hypocritical here.
According to several people I've dated, my snoring is very regular and easy to get used to. One guy even went so far as to say he had trouble drifting off when I wasn't there because my snoring lulled him to sleep!

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-16-2005, 09:06 PM   #24
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Locked and loaded for Reno now. Prices had bottomed out and were starting to climb again for the week I wanted, so I thought I'd better get while the gettin' was good.
I'm trying a different hotel this time. It has fewer amenities, but it's located right on the strip, is a bit cheaper, and I'm only going to be sleeping there anyway.
What with going to Greenville SC for a training seminar the second week of August and Reno the last week of August, I should be well and truly sick of flying by the first of September...at least until next spring, that is!
Now the countdown begins...

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #25
merely human

Hooray!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-16-2005, 11:36 PM   #26
Squeaky

Superb! Nothing beats having a vacation to look forward to (er, except perhaps actually being on vacation). Enjoy the countdown