You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Just wanted to say hi

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #21

Should we all ask together or will we get into trouble
Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #22
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
True. It doesn't really matter though, cause we'll probably never get a chat room. I've been begging for 5 years and they still haven't.
i thought you said you ran this place?

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #23
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
i thought you said you ran this place?
Er....well I uh....munity! That's what it must be. A damned munity!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:45 PM   #24
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyGal
Should we all ask together or will we get into trouble
tabsie (the admin) is looking into it. No guarantees, though. An ongoing chat room demands a lot more work than you think. We used to have an unofficial one on IRC but it fizzled out - not enough people participating.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #25
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
tabsie (the admin) is looking into it. No guarantees, though. An ongoing chat room demands a lot more work than you think. We used to have an unofficial one on IRC but it fizzled out - not enough people participating.
Yeah but we need one that hooks right on to this site, that's easy to use and all that. And like I said in the other post, we have a ton of more members now. Hell, even I wasn't around when you had the old chat.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #26

Well although it would be nice, i think this is ok too
Old 06-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #27
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyGal
At first i didnt think i would fit in at all, im not really any good at explaining games and all that, but seeing how nice everyone is once you getting posting, you dont worry!
Don't worry, I haven't talked about computer games in a long time here in the forums. Sex I have talked about a lot, as well as clothes...

Last edited by Wormsie; 06-16-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #28
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
Don't worry, I haven't talked about computer games in a long time here in the forums. Sex I have talked about a lot, as well as clotes...
[clothes?]

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #29
capsized.

Hi there. I heard some people here eat babies for breakfast and such. They mostly come at night. Mostly. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Just some basic rules: Don't let THEM get wet. Don't expose THEM to sunlight. And..... err..... don't feed THEM past midnight. You might make it out alive and kicking. But remember: At adventuregamers.com no one can hear you scream.

Last edited by samIamsad; 06-16-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #30
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
[clothes?]
Indeed.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #31
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Hi there!
Sorry for the belated welcome, but I've been away for a couple of days!

Anyway - its good to see another fellow Brit joining the forums
There aren't that many of us here so when another one joins its always a cause for celebration!!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #32
merely human

Quote:
Yeah but we need one that hooks right on to this site, that's easy to use and all that. And like I said in the other post, we have a ton of more members now. Hell, even I wasn't around when you had the old chat.
If it were an official AG chat room it would have to be moderated 24/7, and not all us mods are available all day and all night. We would also have to be more strict than in these forums.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #33
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
And like I said in the other post, we have a ton of more members now.
Not really. There's only ever really a core group of people. Some newbies show up, others leave, but I wouldn't say the forum is significantly bigger than it used to be.

I agree with Trep that an official chat room would be a lot of work and something that AG needs to really consider before agreeing to do it. Setting up an IRC room, on the other hand, is easy, and anyone can do it. We could sticky the channel info at the top of Chit Chat (that's how it was handled before) so everyone would know how to reach it.

Anyway, Doug's out of town, so don't expect to hear anything about this any time soon.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:12 PM   #34
Banned User

Man, why do we always have to half-ass everything? Can't the mods take shifts for covering the forum? And why would it have to be covered 24/7? Don't you trust us?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:18 PM   #35
merely human

Well frankly, no. Because no mod may be around at certain times, a 24 hour chat room could get out of hand and, it being officially an Adventure Gamers chat room......well, you do see how that could potentially get us in trouble as a site.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #36
Banned User

Quote:
Well frankly, no. Because no mod may be around at certain times, a 24 hour chat room could get out of hand and, it being officially an Adventure Gamers chat room......well, you do see how that could potentially get us in trouble as a site.
Yeah well....I didn't want to talk to you kick ass bastards anyway!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:47 PM   #37

Welcome, Nuttygal!
Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 AM   #38
Epinionated.

Quote:
Get more mods. I can't see the worry about it getting out of hand though. Sure, sometimes things do, but what you can't see can't hurt you. First mod on can sort it out.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #39
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Man, why do we always have to half-ass everything? Can't the mods take shifts for covering the forum? And why would it have to be covered 24/7? Don't you trust us?
If it's that easy, why not just set up an unofficial IRC room and post the link here?

C'mon, guys. It's really easy to volunteer other people's time when it doesn't mean any work for you. When people are saying "yeah, the mods can do it!" and the mods are saying it sounds like too much work - isn't there something wrong with that picture?

Anything with the AG name on it reflects upon AG. The fact that it would need constant moderation is a no-brainer. Then again, an unofficial room (on IRC or elsewhere) would not have the same requirements. I'm having a hard time understanding why people don't see that as a viable alternative.

We said we'll discuss it, and we are. But trying to convince us that it really isn't going to be as hard as we think it is -- when WE'RE the ones who have to do the work involved -- really isn't the right way to go about it.

Last edited by fov; 06-17-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:54 AM   #40

Always cool to see new people join in the madness...err...FUN!