You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat did we land on the moon

View Poll Results: did we land on the moon?
yes 45 88.24%
no 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
guybrush_guy

Default did we land on the moon

i was watching a documentary a few years ago and i recently saw one a few days ago. i truly don't think that the U.S. has landed on the moon. my fathers been saying it for years and before i just brushed it off but not anymore.

Old 05-01-2005, 07:21 AM   #2

Because I always go to the Sci-Fi channel for all my hard-hitting investigative journalism, I'm voting no!

*actually voted yes*
Old 05-01-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
Doctor Watson

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/
Old 05-01-2005, 07:52 AM   #4

Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon in honor of my tenth birthday.

Mike
Old 05-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #5
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Sure, we landed on the moon. If Jules Verne says it, then it has to be true! Jules Verne is god!

I won't vote on this poll, until there is an "Other" option.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:08 AM   #6
SamNMax

Oh, boy. Just consider yourself lucky that you didn't post this in Lucasforums, g_g.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #7
guybrush_guy

why's that? gota link for me...

Old 05-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #8
SamNMax

It's a long story. I don't have a link.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #9
Dungeon Master

Um, that's a tough one...YES? Any particular reason you believe otherwise, gg?

BTW, one of the Moon hoax "documentaries" (I can't remember its title right now) was a hoax in itself.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:52 AM   #10
guybrush_guy

it's just how they did it, it's not possible...

the proof didn't work to well, how footage from the 1ST quarter off the moon and the 4th match up exactly, how if you double the speed of the dune buggy it moves like a normal dune buggy. how every picture came out like a professional did it, with perfect lighting and balance. everything just doesn't make sense, i truly believe it was all staged.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #11
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
it's just how they did it, it's not possible...
Why? Is it less astonishing that eg. the fact that you can talk to a person on the other side of the globe in a matter of seconds? Or have you just frequently experienced the latter, and got used to it?
Quote:
the proof didn't work to well, how footage from the 1ST quarter off the moon and the 4th match up exactly, how if you double the speed of the dune buggy it moves like a normal dune buggy. how every picture came out like a professional did it, with perfect lighting and balance. everything just doesn't make sense, i truly believe it was all staged.
How do you think a dune buggy should move then? Every picture came out professionally? - how many have you seen? Also, I don't understand your first point, sorry.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
Doctor Watson

You didn't read the website to which I linked? Oh well, I'll start quoting then.

Didn't find anything about the first point, though. The rest, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
how if you double the speed of the dune buggy it moves like a normal dune buggy.
"If you were to film yourself running, then play it back at double speed you would look like an Olympic sprinter. Does this make you are a world class athlete? Playing with film speeds really doesn't prove anything. The astronauts on the moon moved slowly because of their bulky spacesuits. They may have been lighter on the moon, but they still have the same mass and restricted movement the same way. Speeding up their movements shows nothing. But there are other visible clues to indicate that these video footage must have been filmed on the Moon. The behaviour of the dust, for instance, indicates it must have been filmed in a vacuum and in low gravity."
Quote:
how every picture came out like a professional did it, with perfect lighting and balance.
"The astronauts received a great deal of training before they left Earth, part of this was in the operation of the cameras, which were specially designed by Hasselblad's to be used by the astronauts with their suits on. The Apollo astronauts took around 17,000 photographs on the lunar surface. There's plenty of not-so-great photographs that NASA simply have never publicised. Over or under exposed, quint angles, accidental exposures. But those that the public are most familiar with are the best ones."
Old 05-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #13
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
Not really related to this, but one line from that website reminded me of a quote that is said to have been said by Elsa Einstein.

Quote:
It doesn't take much computational power to plot a course to the moon. Ok, maybe you or we couldn't do it, but we're talking Newtonian physics here that can be done on the back of an envelope by any physicists worth their salt.
And the text from the National Geographic:

Quote:
When somebody explained to her, that the shape of the Universe could be determined by using the reflector (NOTE: They are talking of the Observatory on Mount Wilson near Pasadena, which had a 2,5-metre-mirror. That was HUGE back then), she is said to have answered: "So what? My husband does that on the back of an old envelope."
Of course, she meant that he did so by using the Theory of Relativity.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #14
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

I have seen documentaries of a conspiratorial nature over here in Blighty re the Lunar landings. I believe the US DID land on the Moon and hats off to 'em for it (you beat us ya buggers - as usual )

It's similar to how the Titanic's almost identical (Olympics forward A Deck is slightly different to that Of Titanics') sister ship Olympic was reputedly to have been "sunk" on that fateful night in April 1912, instead of Titanic, as the latter cost too much to build so Harland & Wolff tried to recover their losses by "pulling" an insurance job and killing over 1,500 people in the process.

I don't believe this though one iota.

You believe what you want to believe, that's the way I look at it; just compare the evidence.

However, for those interested in the comspiracy theory over Titanics' sinking check out "The Riddle of the Titanic" by Robin Gardiner & Dan Van Der Vat.

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #15
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Bohhh, these threads make me weep. At least you guys seem more sane than forum-goers elsewhere.

If you want to see the infamous LucasForums thread and reduce yourself to tears in the process, it's here :~

I don't really blame anyone for believing the whole moon conspiracy theory for like, three seconds, but think about it. A conspiracy of thousands? And nobody suspected at the time, or has spilled the beans since? Not even the Russians? Come on now.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #16
SamNMax

There were actually multiple moon threads on Lucasforums. One in particular that was very embarrasing for me. I've matured since then, though.

Old 05-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #17

There's a segment of people who are of the opinion that all opinions are equally valid. That no matter what someone thinks, no matter what justification they give, their opinion is just as respectable as anyone else's.

I am not one of these people.

We landed on the moon.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #18
The Impostor

It's a lot easier to prove that the U.S didn't land on the moon in a crummy documentary, then it is to pretend that they did. I could make a doco in two minutes on my computer that 'proves' that so and so didn't land on the moon, but I certainly couldn't fool anyone into believing theydid land on the moon. The people that made these silly docos probably don't even believe what they're saying. But hey, it sells.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:43 AM   #19
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Every time this topic is brought up, I practically have a brain aneurysm.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 05-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #20
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Every time this topic is brought up, I practically have a brain aneurysm.
I pity your brain then