You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat For those who use Winamp

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #1

Default For those who use Winamp

I've just downloaded Winamp 5.08 and it's my first time using it. How do I sort my Media Library out? Files are all over the place. See attachment.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Doctor Watson

I haven't yet found a media player I would like. A media player that would be smart... iTunes is not good, either...

So as far as I know, they are a mess and will stay that way. You can create new playlists from selections, though, for example...
Old 04-17-2005, 04:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
I haven't yet found a media player I would like. A media player that would be smart... iTunes is not good, either...
I've tried loads too, every one of them crashes. Real Player was alright for a while, then it kept messing up my files.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
merely human

WinAmp has never crashed on me. But I haven't really discovered its complexities yet. I use it only to listen to music, online radio, and to rip and burn cds. It's pretty reliable.

Reflection, if you're trying to organize your files within a given playlist, just drag n drop them. If that doesn't work there's a help link that'll take you to the site FAQ.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #5
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
WinAmp has never crashed on me. But I haven't really discovered its complexities yet. I use it only to listen to music, online radio, and to rip and burn cds. It's pretty reliable.
WinAmp is great. I must admit, I've never poked my nose into the Media Library section beyond finding internet radio stations before now. Sorting your Recent Files by 'Play Count' is erm, quite scary and probably revealing.

As for the weird output on your listing, Reflection - Winamp is just using whatever's written in the ID3 tags of your MP3s. If they're wrong then Winamp will be too - you can't blame it for that!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
merely human

I think you can change the info in WinAmp. Right click a file, click 'View file info', then edit all you want.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-18-2005, 02:33 PM   #7
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I use the Windows Media player than came with my PC when I bought it, and use WinMx for music downloads.

I have been using it for over a year so far and found no probs at all!

-
Old 04-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #8
DAVE

Just use winamp 2.91.