You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Neapolitan ice cream

View Poll Results: Favorite flavor
chocolate 8 38.10%
strawberry 4 19.05%
vanilla 7 33.33%
other 5 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #1

Default Neapolitan ice cream

What's your favorite flavor in Neapolitan ice cream?

Chocolate is the only ice cream flavor I like enough to eat plain, so I chose chocolate. The vanilla and strawberry are good toppings for it.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #2
merely human

Chocolate all the way!!! Always, forever, amen!

However, I love many of the flavours from the Ben & Jerry brand, and my absolute favourite ice cream flavour is Edy's Grande Spumoni.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
No justice. Only me.

My top three favorite ice cream flavors are all Ben and Jerry's. In order: Half Baked, Mint Chocolate Cookie, and Phish Food.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
merely human

Coincidentally, I've just gone and O.D.'d on sugar now. Just finished a mug of mint hot chocolat and two little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And now I am going to eat a banana. Being bad has its kicks.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #5

Chocolate. I'd eat my own mother if she were coated in chocolate.

My favorite ice cream flavor in general, though, is mint chocolate chip. Especially the chocolate bit.

I've never had Ben & Jerry's, I guess I'm missing out.

Any Texans in here? How bout that Bluebell icecream? My favorite flavor from their brand is the French Vanilla... Mmmm, especially if it's covered in chocolate sauce, or hot fudge, or chocolate brownie... <head explodes>
Old 03-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Coincidentally, I've just gone and O.D.'d on sugar now. Just finished a mug of mint hot chocolat and two little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And now I am going to eat a banana. Being bad has its kicks.
Here, here! I'm sipping hot chocolate right now. 8-)
Old 03-01-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
Chocolate. I'd eat my own mother if she were coated in chocolate.
EIW!!!

DustCropsie
Old 03-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #8
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I don't really care for the Neopolitan ice cream idea myself. Why would I buy ice cream that two thirds of which I will likely throw away? That said, I voted Other. They should put in other flavors instead of strawberry and vanilla. Like mint chip and caramel swirl-type of thing. I don't really like plain flavors...
Old 03-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #9
merely human

sales clerk in ice cream shop: "Good day, sir? You're here for some ice cream? What flavour would you like?"

artwking4: "Other."

sales clerk in ice cream shop: "Excuse me, sir?"

artwking4: "Other."

sales clerk in ice cream shop: "Um.......other what, sir?"

artwking4: "I said Other!"

sales clerk in ice cream shop: "I don't understand -- "

artwking4: "Dammit, do you have Other or not?!"

sales clerk in ice cream shop: "Other what, sir?"

artwking4: "AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!"
Old 03-02-2005, 12:16 AM   #10
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
sales clerk in ice cream shop: "Good day, sir? You're here for some ice cream? What flavour would you like?"
That's a stupid thing for an ice cream jerk to say. What else would I be there for? No wonder I gave him such an unreasonably hard time, ending it all with a ferocious growl, my trademark finishing move.

I suppose I could have been there to pillage the toppings bar.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:27 AM   #11
merely human

Too bad they don't have Other.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:36 AM   #12
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Strawberry all the way!!!

You think thats overdosing? Last weekend I bought a 24 can pack of pepsi and drank 20 cans within 12 hours. Plus a large MacDonalds coke. Thats close to 6.5 letres of coke/pepsi. Amazing My bladder was exploding and I was hyped up because of the caffine hit/s
Old 03-02-2005, 01:06 AM   #13
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Quote:
Last weekend I bought a 24 can pack of pepsi and drank 20 cans within 12 hours. Plus a large MacDonalds coke. Thats close to 6.5 letres of coke/pepsi. Amazing My bladder was exploding and I was hyped up because of the caffine hit/s
Dude, I hope you cleaned your teeth afterwards....ack!!!

For me:

CHOCOLATE!!!

A canny git enough of it!!! Give me a HUUUUGE bar of Bournville please

AF

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 01:10 AM   #14
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton28
Dude, I hope you cleaned your teeth afterwards....ack!!!

For me:

CHOCOLATE!!!

A canny git enough of it!!! Give me a HUUUUGE bar of Bournville please

AF
I think my teeth had moss growing on them after that stunt. Well, atleast it felt like they did.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:22 AM   #15
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Awwww man, thats minging

AF

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:25 AM   #16

Strawberry, my favorite ice cream flavor. I personally cannot stand chocolate ice cream. Yuck. Hence, I never buy Neapolitan ice cream. If I do, I'm throwing out 1/3 of it. My other favorite flavor is green tea. Have you tried those? Gourmet green tea ice cream is absolutely fabulous. Good ones tend not to be overly sweet so that you can actually taste the green tea flavor!

And of course, everybody's favorite, squid flavored ice cream!

Old 03-02-2005, 08:26 AM   #17
pain is love

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 03-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #18
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
Ice cream with fudge and booze? Where do I sign up?
Old 03-02-2005, 11:08 AM   #19
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

For me, only Häagen Dazs.

I'm a bit annoyed because I just found out that in America they are selling their sorbets (I want the Raspberry Sorbet!) in stores (In germany they only sell it in Häagen Dazs ice cream parlours).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:24 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
For me, only Häagen Dazs.

I'm a bit annoyed because I just found out that in America they are selling their sorbets (I want the Raspberry Sorbet!) in stores (In germany they only sell it in Häagen Dazs ice cream parlours).

-
Well, Jazy, sorbet is so easy to make that even I can make good ones at home. Here's my favorite sorbet recipe:

Ingredients:

1 bottle beer
juice from 2 lemons
2/3 cups of water
3/4 pounds of sugar

Preparation:

Make simple syrup by bringing sugar and water to a boil, then turning down heat and simmering for 5 minutes. Mix other ingredients together with syrup. Adjust sweetness by adding up to 1/2 cup water. Freeze in an ice cream freezer. Note: Since sugar and alcohol work as an antifreeze, if mixture is too sweet or too alcoholy, it will not freeze properly.

Nutritional Information:

1464 Calories (kcal); 0g Total Fat; (0% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 353g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 26mg Sodium