You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Where do you live?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #41
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Is that a thin cardboard version of "The Longest Journey"? One that is actually a folded cardboard sheath with latches?
What? It's the US box. I got that one specifically because the European version is localised with Dutch voice acting, which I hate. It doesn't have a folded sheath, though. It does have this flap on the front which you can open like a page of a book, is that what you mean?

--Erwin
Old 02-24-2005, 04:25 PM   #42
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Quote:
You have no right to to call us pigs just because we are not as anal as you.
To be honest, I am only tidy because of my Army background - all those frickin' room inspections!! Kinda stays with ya...so if the flat is in a mess, 9 times out of 10 it'll be our lass

Anyhoo, tidyness is next to godliness. Everyone has their own ways of doing things and we should not have a go at them for it.

My kids will be having room inspections when I have them (LOL....not really, but there was this dude in the UK (on a series called "Wife Swap") who had two kids and was sooooooo sad and anal, he forced his kids to have a proper "stand by your beds" room inspection, every month. What a saddo!!! And he wasnt even ex-forces??!!

Anyway, its late and I have a doctors appointment at 8.40am....NN all sweet dreams

AF

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #43
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
That must've been German, cause I have no idea what you just said.

It was no language at all...my sister always says that if she means "Bugger off".

I didn't mean it seriouse though.

Well, not totally.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:26 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
What? It's the US box. I got that one specifically because the European version is localised with Dutch voice acting, which I hate. It doesn't have a folded sheath, though. It does have this flap on the front which you can open like a page of a book, is that what you mean?

--Erwin
No, I actually meant one of those thin cardboard boxes, which are covering another box, which, if you are lucky, is of good quality. If you are not lucky, it is brown post-packet-like cardboard.

-

Old 02-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #45
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Hehe, here's a closer look just to tease you.

I bought these on Ebay, by the way. I had to look hard for that WCIV box.

--Erwin
I'd post a photo in the vain hope of trumping your collection, but the huge stack of boxes would collapse on top of me. You don't have Yoda Stories, though ... Or Heimdall. Or Myst. Or A-Train...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #46
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
No, I actually meant one of those thin cardboard boxes, which are covering another box, which, if you are lucky, is of good quality. If you are not lucky, it is brown post-packet-like cardboard.

-
Oh, no. It's not one of those slip-over boxes. It's just a normal cardboard box. Same material as the majority of my boxes. These two Space Quest boxes are the only slip-over boxes I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I'd post a photo in the vain hope of trumping your collection, but the huge stack of boxes would collapse on top of me. You don't have Yoda Stories, though ... Or Heimdall. Or Myst. Or A-Train...
Hehe, my collection isn't very big. I've seen pictures here from people who have literally meters of shelves running through their rooms crammed with games. And I'm very jealous of that LucasArts Museum guy, I think his name is Freddy. And Eric, with his nice LucasArts and Sierra collection. Which reminds me, I still really need to find a boxed version of Zak McKracken!

Yoda Stories is a game I'd probably like to add to my collection too, but the other games you mentioned aren't really on my list. Especially not Myst

--Erwin
Old 02-25-2005, 03:02 PM   #47

Quote:
Oh, no. It's not one of those slip-over boxes. It's just a normal cardboard box. Same material as the majority of my boxes. These two Space Quest boxes are the only slip-over boxes I have.

Oh. My. God! I just realized that it is blasphemous to think that Funcom would allow to have "The Longest Journey" published in cheap slip over box.

Can you forgive me? Forgive me, oh great Ragnar, for I have spoken blasphemous of the prophecy!

- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: