You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat need a proof reader, help please....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
guybrush_guy

Default need a proof reader, help please....

hey guys,

I'm now the official moderator over at the telltalegames forums and have been struck with the task of creating some rules. I've run this by troy and he said to go ahead and post them after i change some punctuation and spelling errors. I'm sure that all of you know my capability of punctuation and spelling, so I'm asking that one of you guys read it over and tell me what needed to be fixed. i fixed as much as i could find.

Quote:
Hey guys,
As you all know a forum with no rules isn't much a forum at all. Talk among the other forum members about the need for rules lead to 8 simple rules, that I'm sure everyone will have no problem fallowing. Remember, if anyone has a problem/question with any of these rules or anything else for that matter, please email me at [email protected] or ask one of the guys at telltale. I'm sure they will be more then happy to answer.
let the ruling begin

1) Keep cursing and offensive behavior to a minimum.

2) Try not to flame posts, a friendly argument and constructive group arguments are always acceptable, the second it gets out of hand and people are feeling vulnerable and attacked, the post will be warned and then if it continues, it will be deleted.

3) No racist comments at all! if a racist thread or post is started it will be deleted, no question!

4) Try to keep double posting to a small degree, if you double post try to delete it if thats possible, if not a mod will get to it.

5) Try to have respect for everyone's feeling, no one wants to be disrespected.

6) No links to piracy related material, including abandonware, some may think that abandonware is not piracy, but it is. telltale can get in trouble if anything of that sort is posted.

7) Keep things organized, try your best to keep things in order, and always make sure your posting in the write thread/forum. Their is no need to make a new thread on a topic that is currently being discussed.

8) The most important rule of all, HAVE FUN!
thanx for the help

Old 11-05-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
Liver of Life

I'm no grammar virtuoso either, but I'll do the best I can...here's a sort of corrected version of it:

Quote:
Hey guys,
As you all know, a forum with no rules isn't much of a forum at all. Talk among the other forum members concerning the need for rules led to 8 simple rules, that I'm sure nobody will have problems following. Remember, if anybody has a problem/question with any of these rules or anything else, for that matter, please email me at [email protected] or ask one of the guys at telltale. I'm sure they will be more than happy to answer.
Let the ruling begin!

2) Try not to flame other members; friendly arguments and constructive group arguments are always acceptable. The second it gets out of hand and people feel attacked, the offensive post will be warned and ultimately deleted, if things do not cool down.

3) No racist comments at all! If a racist thread or post is started it will be deleted.

4) Try to keep double posting to a minimum, if you double post try to delete it if that's possible, if not a mod will get to it.

5) Try to have respect for everyone's feeling, no one wants to be disrespected.

6) No links to piracy-related material, including abandonware. Some may think that abandonware is not piracy, but it is. telltale can get in trouble if anything of that sort is posted.

7) Keep things organized, try your best to keep things in order, and always make sure you're posting in the right thread/forum. There is no need to make a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed.

8) And now, the most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!
Hope that helps, and good luck!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #3
merely human

Congrats on your
modship, g_g!
8-)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

A few more edits to what Kode posted:

Quote:
Hey guys,

As you all know, a forum with no rules isn't much of a forum at all. Discussion among the other forum members concerning the need for rules led to 8 simple rules that I'm sure nobody will have problems following. Remember, if anybody has a problem/question with any of these rules, or anything else for that matter, please email me at [email protected] or ask one of the guys at Telltale. I'm sure they will be more than happy to answer.
Let the ruling begin!

2) Try not to flame other members; friendly arguments and constructive group arguments are always acceptable. The second it gets out of hand and people feel attacked, the offensive post will be warned and ultimately deleted, if things do not cool down. [I don't understand - the poster will be warned and the post will be deleted? Will a warning be made in the thread? You can't warn a post.]

3) No racist comments at all! If a racist thread is started or a racist post is made, it will be deleted.

4) Try to keep double-posting to a minimum. If you double-post, try to delete the extra post if that's possible. If not, a mod will get to it.

5) Try to have respect for everyone's feelings. No one wants to be disrespected.

6) No links to piracy-related material, including abandonware. Some may think that abandonware is not piracy, but it is. Telltale can get in trouble if anything of that sort is posted.

7) Keep things organized, try your best to keep things in order, and always make sure you're posting in the right thread/forum. There is no need to make a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed.

Looks good!

emily
Old 11-05-2004, 08:36 PM   #5

Congrats! It's only fair since you played "some" part in their founding And I think emily's is flawless, but perhaps the second rule should be slightly adjusted..

Quote:
2) Don't flame fellow members, there's no need for a flamewar, friendly and constructive group discussions are always acceptable, but the second it gets out of hand and people feel harassed or attacked, moderators will warn you and if it continues, they won't hesitate to delete any offensive material.
Or something..?
Old 11-05-2004, 11:10 PM   #6
Liver of Life

Fov, you're right! Warning a post? Should've noticed that.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:23 AM   #7
guybrush_guy

thanx guys..for all the help...unfortunetly tonite i wont post it becuase i'm a little drunk
i just got to new jersey (my home ) about 6 hours ago and we all selebrated by getting a little drunk...i'm on my 8th beer wich will be my last...

good nite everyone and have a great day...i'm so glad to be home for the first time in soo long, i'm realy going to miss this place when i leave.

bye bye

Old 11-06-2004, 09:50 AM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
thanx guys..for all the help...unfortunetly tonite i wont post it becuase i'm a little drunk
Drunk? At your age?

Just kidding, I wish I could drink 8 beers and be as coherent... (your spelling and grammar didn't suffer!)

emily

Last edited by fov; 11-06-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Don't flame fellow members, there's no need for a flamewar. Friendly and constructive group discussions are always acceptable, but the second it gets out of hand and people feel harassed or attacked, moderators will warn you. If it continues, they won't hesitate to delete any offensive material.
This is my shot at that paragraph (a slightly edited version of jjacob's adjustment).
Old 11-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #10
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Drunk? At your age?

Just kidding, I wish I could drink 8 beers and be as coherent... (your spelling and grammar didn't suffer!)

emily
His spelling and grammar didn't suffer? But his spelling and grammar are appalling! He says so himself! Would it suffering be an improvement?

stepurhan (who's mad that everyone sorted out the rules so well before he had a chance to )
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 11-06-2004, 12:06 PM   #11
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Modification
Hey guys,

As you all know, a forum with no rules isn't much of a forum at all. Discussion amongst the other forum members concerning the need for rules led to the creation of eight that I'm sure nobody will have problems following. Remember, if anybody has a problem/question about any of these rules, or anything else for that matter, please email me ([email protected]) or ask one of the guys at Telltale. I'm sure that they will be more than happy to answer.
Let the ruling begin!

2) Don't flame fellow members - there's no need for a flamewar. Friendly and constructive group discussions are always acceptable, but the second it gets out of hand and people feel harassed or attacked, moderators will warn you. If it continues, they won't hesitate to delete any offensive material.

3) No racist comments at all! If a racist thread is started or a racist post is made, it will be deleted.

4) Try to have respect for everyone's feelings. No one enjoys having their views simply dismissed.

4) Try to keep double-posting to a minimum. If you do double-post by accident, try to delete the extra post if that's possible. If not, a mod will get to it.

6) Do not link to illegal material, including abandonware. Some may think that abandonware is not piracy, but it is, and Telltale can get in trouble if anything of this nature is posted.

7) Try your best to keep things organized, and to always make sure that you're posting in the right thread/forum. There is no need to make a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed.

Here's my edit. Feel free to discard any of these changes - I've simply tinkered with a couple of individual bits of language, to keep things consistent and avoid repetition of key words within a single sentence. Changes are marked in bold (though the change to a '-' in rule 2 probably doesn't show up), and please note also the adjusted order of the rules to keep related ideas together.

And apologies if this is late .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.