You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Eurovision Losers Jemini @ Freshers Bash!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 12:52 AM   #1
Excessively diverted

Default Eurovision Losers Jemini @ Freshers Bash!

Everyone knows that the highlight of any Freshers week is the official Freshers Bash. Subsequently, one expects that the Student Union would make an extraordinary effort to secure top-quality entertainment for the evening. And man, did York Student Union do us proud!

I seem to remember a certain amount of interest in the chatroom (or was that pity) regarding a certain UK Eurovision act called Jemini, who failed in spectacular fashion.

You will pleased to know, that tonight, in less than 7 hours!!! I will have the opportunity to see Jemini sing live at the "Fresh". Further more, PAT SHARP from the popular 90's TV program "Fun House" will also be in attendance! Oh, be still my heart.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:06 AM   #2

heh .. you poor, poor soul

I skipped my own Fresher's bash, actually .. hee. Am currently not in the mood for that kinda party.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:57 AM   #3
Under pressure.

And I don't even know what a fresher's bash is.

Does it have anything to do with 1st years uni/college attenders and a party? (Don't laugh if I'm wrong please)

--Erwin
Old 10-08-2003, 02:06 AM   #4
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

erwin thats pretty much it.

general thread - ahahahah...HA!

dear god they're awful.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 10-08-2003, 02:29 AM   #5

semi-related, but not quite - I was browsing the Uni site for course catalogues and such, and came across this info about our student union, "The Kunsill Studenti Universitarji (KSU) is the oldest national student union in Europe." Interesting! I never knew that .. and I wonder how come? It's hardly the oldest uni ..
Old 10-08-2003, 02:37 AM   #6
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Wow! THE Jemini! 7 hours? You're so lucky! It makes our Frshers week, with a DJ face off between Toby Anstis (of childrens bbc fame) and Pat Sharp (of childrens itv fame) look good!

(oh and we had some guy called Judge Jules and a guy from belle and Sebastian. No idea who either of them are...?)
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 10-08-2003, 02:38 AM   #7
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

We were supposed to have Lisa Maffia, from So Solid Crew (I think) (doubt that means much to anyone from outside the UK though), but she pulled out at the last moment for some reason... Probably didn't wanna travel to Wales...
Old 10-08-2003, 02:51 AM   #8
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

It says largest National student union, how many universites does malta have? (I can only find University of Malta at the moment)

If it's 1 then perhaps it automatically qualifies as the national students unions, long before all the other organisations around europe began to become national?

(No offence is intended here btw, I'm just pointing it out)
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 10-08-2003, 03:11 AM   #9
Liver of Life

Fresher is a really weird word. I like Freshmen better...
Old 10-08-2003, 03:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
(oh and we had some guy called Judge Jules and a guy from belle and Sebastian. No idea who either of them are...?)
oh tsk Dom! Those are actually good

and yeah, possibly, you could be right. I thought it was strange, in fact. I's not an insult though, so you don't have to apologise in advance, I'm not that volatile
Old 10-08-2003, 03:45 AM   #11
Excessively diverted

Just three hours to go now guys! Excitement is really mounting!
Old 10-08-2003, 04:32 AM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to Curt

Claire, I pity you. I really do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode
Fresher is a really weird word. I like Freshmen better...
*Intrepid runs to the shower
Old 10-08-2003, 05:14 AM   #13

just to clarify .. claire .. you are being sarcastic, aren't you?
Old 10-08-2003, 06:44 AM   #14

Send a message via MSN to feisar

Claire I dare u to flash at jemini!!!

I never went to uni so i missed out on all this Im not in any debt though, never really have to think and have a really cushy job

Ive started a part time course at college tho, they have college parties full of 16-18 year olds to corrupt but for some reason they hold them on a pier! which is a bit risky if u get drunk :O
Old 10-08-2003, 10:58 PM   #15
Excessively diverted

Well, having sufficiently recovered from the Fresher’s Bash, I thought I better let you know how everyone's favourite Eurovision losers got on. I staked out my spot at the VIP enclosure early in the evening, so as to afford the best view, and would literally have been able to *touch* Jemini, had I not been seconded by security. And no, I wasn't going to flash.

Bloke Jemini was wearing some sort of boiler suit (not a particularly good look for him) whilst the girl was in some black outfit. The Freshers hushed to hear them perform their first song, yet as the bloke shouted, "come on lets hear you make some NOISE!" a grim silence swept the club. He encouraged us to start clapping, but hand gestures of a different kind were made. Someone began booing, and it caught on. Unpleasantries were exchanged. Needless to say, the "legendary" Jemini will not be returning to York.

On the other hand, Pat Sharp, "the man who puts the FUN in funhouse" was an absolute HERO! Not only did he play what is, quite possibly, the best audience participation song in the world EVER - Y.M.C.A. but he also signed autographs on our tickets. We love ya Pat!