You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Windows and Rorschach and some Bill(ion)-bashing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
soffistical

Default Windows and Rorschach and some Bill(ion)-bashing

http://weblogs.asp.net/oldnewthing/a.../25/54700.aspx

Quote:
Windows XP had its own share of complaints. The original wallpaper for Windows XP was Red Moon Desert, until people claimed that Red Moon Desert looked like a pair of buttocks. People also thought that one of the generic people used in the User Accounts control panel people looked like Hitler. And one government claimed the cartoon character in the original Switch Users dialog looked like an obscene body part. We had to change them all. But it makes me wonder about the mental state of our beta testers...
Some funny read!

Last edited by emma; 07-06-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:52 AM   #2
soffistical

hehehe, a little Bill Gates bashing: The Bill Gates Net Worth page

Quote:
Laying Dollar Bills End to End

NOTE: The next sections discuss the conversion of Bill's wealth to $1 bills. Of course, according to theBureau of Engraving and Printing, since 1986, when Microsoft was founded (and through 2000), only56,489,600,000 $1 bills have been printed. Bill's $31,920,893,076.24 comprise 56.50% of that total. (Thanks to Larry Moy for the suggestion.)

If you had 31,920,893,076 one dollar bills, and laid them end to end, you would have a line of bills that runs3,093,339.9 miles.

Rand McNally says that it's 2912 miles from New York City to Seattle. Laying bills end to end, you could make that round trip 531.1 times.

The average distance to the moon is 238,855 miles. You could make that round trip 6.4 times.

If you spent 24 hours a day laying these bills end to end, and were able to sustain a rate of 2 bills per second, it would take you 506.10 years to complete the job.
Another Bill Gates Wealth Index

Quote:
Consider that he made this money in the 25 years or so since Microsoft was founded in 1975. If you presume that he has worked 14 hours a day on every business day of the year since then, that means he's been making money at a staggering million dollars per hour, around $300 per second.

Which means that if, on his way into the office, should he see or drop a $1000 bill on the ground, it's just not worth his time to bend over and pick it up. He would make more just heading off to work.
Maaan...