You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Indiana Jones IV: The Curse of the Black Pearl

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #1

Default Indiana Jones IV: The Curse of the Black Pearl

http://filmforce.ign.com/indy/articles/503/503146p1.html

I think people are over reacting about the fact that Frank Darabonts script was rejected. I heard that Spielberg, Ford, and Lucas decided to only make Indiana Jones IV if all of them thought the script was awesome. Lucas apparently was the one who rejected it but he also played an integral part in the previous movies and I doubt Spielberg will let him screw it up. Plus if it's being rewritten by one of the Pirates of the Caribbean writers, it's in good hands.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:52 PM   #2
comfortably numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
Lucas apparently was the one who rejected it
Probably didn't have enough CG side-kicks in it.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:53 PM   #3
merely human

Probably.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-01-2004, 12:34 AM   #4

I was just thinking the other day I wouldn't be surprised if they did a digital version of Harrison Ford, in much the same way as Gollum. They'd still get the Ford performance, but they'd also get Jones at the right age... or they'd have to have him going "I'm getting too old for this shit" all the time.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:25 AM   #5
Dismembered

I'm glad they're rejecting scripts and don't go for one any of them think is subpar, I just hope it won't be a case of settling for the one they all can agree on but none of them love.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:40 AM   #6
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esseb
I'm glad they're rejecting scripts and don't go for one any of them think is subpar, I just hope it won't be a case of settling for the one they all can agree on but none of them love.
Well, since the only one who didn't like it was George "Wrecker of Franchises" Lucas, I'm not so sure it was that bad...
Old 04-01-2004, 05:59 AM   #7
Dismembered

I'll wait with judging him untill I can find confirmation that what Serial Freak claims is true, which I highly doubt. I made my earlier post before I read the article he linked and assumed it said what he said.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:47 AM   #8

The Raider has just posted news that claims the reports of the Pirates of the Caribbean writer doing the re-write for Indy 4 is false.

Esseb: Here's some links.

http://www.theraider.net/newsarchives/indy4/2004_february.php#0102050401
http://www.theraider.net/newsarchives/indy4/2004_february.php#0102100401
http://www.theraider.net/newsarchives/indy4/2004_february.php#0102190401
Old 04-01-2004, 06:54 AM   #9
Dismembered

Ick.

/me passes judgement towards George
Old 04-01-2004, 07:02 AM   #10

Indy 4 is a collaborative movie though. If Lucas fucks it up then Spielberg would probably be unhappy with it and then they'd have to do another re-write because of their deal to only make the movie if it's awesome for Spielberg, Ford, and Lucas. I don't think Lucas will fuck it up though. Remember Lucas was the one who though of the young Indy stuff at the start of The Last Crusade and that was pretty damn cool. (Although he also wanted it to be about a haunted castle. )
Old 04-03-2004, 05:44 AM   #11
Headbanger

I am actually equally scared as I am happy that they are making another Indy movie. I pray that they don't screw it up. :eek:
Old 04-03-2004, 09:23 AM   #12
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

The word on Internet gossip sites was that the script Lucas turned down (but Ford and Spielberg approved of) was in fact good. I don't think anyone suspected it was because the script was horrible so much as it was Lucas doing his post-1996 best at ruining anything he touches.

I don't trust the Pirates of the Carribbean writers anyway despite their writing of Pirates, so its good to hear that story was false.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #13

I thought The Green Mile was awesome and Darabont directed and wrote the screenplay. Like I said before, I don't think Lucas will be able to fuck with the movie without pissing off Ford and Spielberg.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:39 PM   #14
Citizen of Bizarro World

Indiana, as played by Ford, is now old enough to be fighting Commies, like in that one game...
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 04-03-2004, 11:21 PM   #15
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
I thought The Green Mile was awesome and Darabont directed and wrote the screenplay. Like I said before, I don't think Lucas will be able to fuck with the movie without pissing off Ford and Spielberg.
And don't forget The Shawshank Redemption. He wrote that one too, and that was even better than The Green Mile (which I did like, mind you, it just wasn't as awesome as Shawshank). Even if both of them were adapted from Stephen King works, I have a lot of faith in his writing skill.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:50 PM   #16
Disciplined Breakdown

Quote:
Indiana, as played by Ford, is now old enough to be fighting Commies, like in that one game...
Actually, I heard this is how it's gonna be.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:04 PM   #17
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I don't trust the Pirates of the Carribbean writers anyway despite their writing of Pirates, so its good to hear that story was false.
Likewise.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 AM   #18

http://filmforce.ign.com/indy/articles/504/504385p1.html?fromint=1
Old 04-06-2004, 01:09 AM   #19

Hopefully Lucas won't be editing the script.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:28 AM   #20
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

I kind of wonder whether Indy is going to be the main focus of action in the new Indiana Jones. A 60 year old Indiana Jones swinging on ropes and escaping from Nazis? I wonder if the new Indy is going to be something like the movie the Shootist, where a washed up gunfighter tries to live up to his legend. Drag Indy out of retirement or something. Hopefully, they do something interesting with Indy's age rather than follow some trite formula for an aging hero.