You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat New blank sheets in PowerPoint?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 05:13 AM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default New blank sheets in PowerPoint?

Sorry to bother you with this guys, but I'm at work making a presentation, and I'm sick and tired of seeing this 'Click here to add title', and 'Click here to add text' every time I add a new sheet in PowerPoint 2003. Does any one of you know how to tell PP that I just want a blank sheet, so that I can decide what comes where on that sheet? MS makes me sick with their pre-coded 'we know what you need' attitude.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
Psychonaut

Use the New Slide command and pick from the list of slides.

i.e pick Blank slide.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #3
tsa
Playing character

In PP 2000 you could press CRTL-M and you got a shiny new blank sheet, like is supposed to happen. I would like to see that back. In PP 2003 CTRL-M gives you a new slide with all that rubbsh you have to remove every time. The New Slide command is three mouseclicks, which is way too much just to insert a new sheet. I'm not allowed to use Keynote or OO for presentations so I'm stuck with the inferior product. Alas, it's work, and I was very cranky when I posted this thread. But still, if there is a real solution to my problem I would like to know it.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Psychonaut

You can still use the Ctrl-M shortcut and it will put in a new slide with the wrong boxes. The slide layout task pane should also come up on the right hand side so you just need to click on the blank layout.

So one keyboard shortcut and one mouse click.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
tsa
Playing character

I know. One mouseclick too much. Maybe it's because I'm getting old. Things used to be better in the olden days. I'm still convinced that WordPerfect was better than any Word or OpenOffice version that was produced. Office 2000 was better than Office 2003. And XP is better than Vista.