You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #1

Default TV Marathons

Do you watch TV marathons? (Meaning a TV network showing multiple episodes of a TV show in a row) The Star Trek: Voyager Season Four marathon is on in Australia at the moment and there is a 24: Season Two marathon coming up later this month.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

A 24 marathon? That would take almost all day!

mag
Old 03-05-2004, 07:19 PM   #3

With commercial breaks it would last all day.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Disciplined Breakdown

It's better if you have the DVDs, no commercials, plus you pick the potty breaks.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #5

True, but I don't I want to buy Season 2 of 24 on DVD even though it's an awesome season. (Plus sometimes they marathon seasons of shows that haven't been released on DVD yet... like Star Trek: Voyager Season Four. )
Old 03-06-2004, 01:23 AM   #6
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

We had a 1st season of 24 marathon last year in Finland.

If I remember correctly it took over a day.

I didn't watch a single episode, but anyway I think that was the only tv marathon ever in Finland
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:49 AM   #7
A Servicable Villain

I sometimes hold anime-series marathons with a series that'll last for about eleven hours. But I'm not really a marathon-man. I get a headache fast ^_^;
Old 03-06-2004, 06:18 AM   #8
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

It was kind of a joke actually...a season of 24 has 24 hours in it...it would take "almost" all day...never mind

Anyway, since it looks like I'm responsible for derailing this thread, I guess the least I could do is respond to the actual question. Usually when there's a marathon on TV it's because there's nothing else on. I don't usually watch a lot of any marathon, but I'll sometimes watch a little bit of the SciFi Channel's Twilight Zone marathons whenever they're on.

And yes, DVD is much better. Kind of makes you wonder if there will be a place for all day TV marathons in the future.

mag
Old 03-06-2004, 06:36 AM   #9
A Servicable Villain

Theoretically you were right, Mag... a season of 24 has 24 hours, WITH commercial breaks. But if you watch it on dvd, or zip through the breaks...
Old 03-06-2004, 06:43 AM   #10
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

TV Marathons make me weep in their pointlessness, as do 'double bills' or 'back to back episodes' which dodgy British satellite channels seem so keen on. If I want to follow a series, I don't necessarily want to have to sit around for three hours at a time watching episodes one after another with no break. Still, it probably makes them lots of money, and that's all that matters right?
Old 03-06-2004, 02:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
It was kind of a joke actually...a season of 24 has 24 hours in it...it would take "almost" all day...never mind
Yeah, I got that after I posted. I was going to change my post but it still made sense because without the commercials it wouldn't go 24 hours.