You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat a quick rant about taco bell

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Default a quick rant about taco bell

I know I'll get yelled at for people who happen to be too good for this particular establishment, but...

Has anyone else noticed that on Taco Bell tacos, the cheese is ON TOP of the lettuce? This not only prevents it from melting, but means that most of the cheese falls off before you can eat it. Its frustrating when one tries to eat a taco from there, like for instance me, right now.

That's all.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 03-04-2004, 03:02 PM   #2

Default I know exactly what you're talking about

Yes! This is so frustrating. The woman who use to make my taco salad at the university cafeteria used to do the same dang thing. Doesn't make any sense.

Patrick
Old 03-04-2004, 03:21 PM   #3
merely human

Heh heh, now that I live in the city I can get a TRUE, AUTHENTIC taco, and served by sweet giggling Mexican ladies, even at 3 in the morning! And yes, I can request extra cheese to melt on the meat, and unlike Lame-o Bell, I can order it with chorizo instead of ground beef. Who needs Taco Bell? Muahahahaha!

Um, sorry 'bout your dilemma, Jake.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-04-2004, 03:29 PM   #4
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I know I'll get yelled at for people who happen to be too good for this particular establishment, but...

Has anyone else noticed that on Taco Bell tacos, the cheese is ON TOP of the lettuce? This not only prevents it from melting, but means that most of the cheese falls off before you can eat it. Its frustrating when one tries to eat a taco from there, like for instance me, right now.

That's all.
Just flip the damn thing when you try to eat it, Jake.

--Erwin
Old 03-04-2004, 03:33 PM   #5

... or eat real food. McBurgerBellChicken is desperate.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:10 PM   #6
JLC

Send a message via ICQ to GreenJeanz Send a message via AIM to GreenJeanz Send a message via MSN to GreenJeanz Send a message via Yahoo to GreenJeanz

Taco Bell is not on the same unhealthy level as mcdonalds, trust me. I eat it sometimes, when I want some pseudo-mexican food, and not anything authentic. ;P it has it's merits.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #7
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

It's all about Jack in the Box. Oh man, Jack in the Box...

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #8
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

I don't eat junk food. I ate at Taco Bell only ONCE in my long life and I never returned. It doesn't taste like food, chaps and lasses, it tastes like hampster bedding - not that I ever tasted hampster bedding to know for sure, I am just making a simile here.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #9
Disciplined Breakdown

Anybody else think that since they changed the meat recipie to be healthier, the tacos just haven't been the same? I no longer find myself quite as happily indulged whilst I digest them.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #10
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
....not that I ever tasted hampster bedding to know for sure...
Riiiiiggghhht.....
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-05-2004, 04:25 PM   #11
JLC

Send a message via ICQ to GreenJeanz Send a message via AIM to GreenJeanz Send a message via MSN to GreenJeanz Send a message via Yahoo to GreenJeanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinkie
Anybody else think that since they changed the meat recipie to be healthier, the tacos just haven't been the same? I no longer find myself quite as happily indulged whilst I digest them.
Didn't notice any difference.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:59 PM   #12
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I prefer real mexican restaurants to taco bell most any day, but I also prefer taking only a half hour off for lunch, as that means I get paid for an extra half hour of work during the day. I also like spending only $3 on a complete lunch meal. Therefore, I will continue to eat at Taco Bell. I rarely actually get tacos there though.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 03-05-2004, 06:54 PM   #13
Iconoclast

You are all crazy. Taco Bell is the bomb! I eat at real Mexican restaurants rather frequently and their real, somewhat fresh food, just doesn't even remotely compare to TB's chemical goodness. That other crap is so bland and natural, I tend to get sick from it. Seriously. And yes, I have traveled extensively throughout Mexico, so I know what the real thing is like...
Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #14
Friendly Server Admin

Yeah, exactly. It's not like any of us seriously believes Taco Bell is real Mexican food. But a lot of their food is good in its own right. Mind you, I haven't been there in ages, because while Taco Bell is good, Togos (sub sandwich place, for those who don't know them) is a way better value for my money
Old 03-05-2004, 07:20 PM   #15

I don't think we've got Taco Bell in Australia. Tacos are awesome though.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:55 PM   #16
Disciplined Breakdown

No Taco Bell? You poor deprived person you.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:11 PM   #17
JLC

I always get a mexican pizza, four soft taco supremes, an order of cinnamon twists, and a dr pepper.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:28 AM   #18
jaf
big, hairy and blue

Never tasted Taco Bell, this franchise hasnt arrived here (yet), I only know it from movies and the internet . But I guess I'll pass when it eventually gets here, just what i'm doing with the newly opened Starbucks places, I prefer a real cafeteria...
Old 03-06-2004, 10:54 AM   #19
merely human

On that note, what do you guys think of Chipotle? I find their burritos to be awful. There' something about the combination of ingredients that makes it taste, um.......just wrong. I don't know what it is, but it does not harmonize with me, regardless of whether it's healthful. I prefer the burritos at the local tacqueria down the street or around the corner.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:10 AM   #20
A Servicable Villain

No Taco Bells in Holland. I only know it from one thing...

,,Fire in the disco! Fire in the... TACO BELL!"
--Electric Six