You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Desperately looking for a book

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default Desperately looking for a book

Well, desperately is a bit of an exaggeration, but... I am looking for a book for a special friend of mine. Because she lurks here every now and then I'll put the description between spoiler tags. Moderators, if this is against the forum rules then please remove the thread.

Spoiler:
The book is written by Guus Kuijer, a famous Dutch children's book author. In Ducth it's called Met de poppen gooien. The book contains stories about a little girl named Madelief, who has every-day adventures with her friends Roos and Jan-Willem. I am looking for the German or English (preferably German) translation of this book. I already know it is not available new anymore in either German or English, so I will have to settle for a used book. The English translation is called Daisy's new head (Madelief is Daisy in English). I found one English book on eBay but eBay doesn't ship that to Europe. I have no idea what the title of the book is in German. You can find a picture of the cover of the Dutch version here.

My hope is that some of you may recognize the book and remember having one lying in the attick somewhere. Maybe I can trade the book for some adventure games? My list of games I have to trade can be found here. If you don't want to trade maybe we can find some other arrangement? Please PM me if you can help me!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Lovable rogue

Amazon.co.uk have three used copies of the English translation, in their marketplace.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0722655711/ref=dp_olp_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1213806085&sr=1-3

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
tsa
Playing character

I also saw that, but one looks OK but doesn't ship outside of the UK, one is very expensive, and one misses its front cover, so those are out unfortunately.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Freeware Co-ordinator

Abebooks usually does the trick. There are 4 copies on there. I've put the link for the search in spoilers (and it's not clickable, you'll have to copy and paste) because it includes the title as part of the URL.

Spoiler:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&tn=Met+de+poppen+gooien&x=56&y =15

I think those are Dutch versions but you can search again for the title in other languages. It's very user-friendly.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
tsa
Playing character

Found it and ordered it. Thank you so much Step!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
Freeware Co-ordinator

No problem. There's so much stuff on the internet that you practically have to know where to look to find anything useful. Bookmark www.abebooks.com if you think you'll be looking for books again in the future. It's never let me down yet (in finding a book that is. finding a copy I can afford is another matter)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
tsa
Playing character

I already bookmarked the site. Indeed I had not found it using Google! Thanks again Stepurhan.