You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default Eclipsed.moon

My.spacebar.is.broken,.so.bear.with.me..

Has.anyone.made.good.pictures.of.the.eclipsed.moon .last.night?.
I.woke.up.when.the.eclipse.was.just.over,.and.it.w as.misty.outside.
sio.I.didnt.take.any.pics.unfortunately.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
merely human

No pics from me, sorry, only a personal account. Worked the closing shift tonight and after picking my #12 cheeseburger at Johnny Rockets nearby on my break I caught sight of ol' Luna. She seemed a bit, erm.....shy. I actually didn't know there was an eclipse going on, thus if I had been some very religious, illiterate, and highly gullible Christian from the Dark Ages I probably would've suffered a nervous breakdown thinking the devil (or witches or Hillary Clinton or whoever) was in the process of robbing us humble earthly sinners of our only source of nocturnal illumination.

Looked pretty cool regardless and I got home a bit later and only found out it was an eclipse. There went my fantasy of being a very religious, illiterate, and highly gullible Christian from the Dark Ages (except for the Hillary Clinton part).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Well, the moon is still visible even when the eclipse is full, Trepsie, and doesn't go dark like the sun goes during a solar eclipse. It just turns blood red. That's where the term "Bloodmoon" comes from. It's what an eclipse looks like.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
tsa
Playing character

Here is a picture I took last time the moon was eclipsed.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
Flower bower bird

Great pic, tsa! We had snow here in NJ last night and the sky was cloudy, so the moon wasn't visible at all. The last time I saw a lunar eclipse, the moon didn't appear red, but just looked like a huge gray boulder hanging in the sky. The curve of the sphere was easier to see.