You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 06:29 AM   #1
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray
Default Website

Hiya guys.

As a hobby, I play bowling with a group of friends I work with, and as such, I created a website for us (mainly a mock one). The layout is really bog standard, but I'm working on changing the interface within the next few days.

It has a few pictures of me on there, as well as team averages, highest and lowest scores, and it even has an exercpt of the story I'm working on presently (although it needs a lot of work).

Anyway, if you would like to see the site, and maybe even sign my forum it's at http://www.angelfire.com/sk3/b52/index.html

Cheers all and I hope you enjoy it, should you log on there

Take care

Ray
Old 01-25-2004, 06:39 AM   #2
Headbanger

You won around christmas?
Old 01-25-2004, 08:40 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

Yeah, we won a Golden Pin in November for a Charity Bowling Event. We raised just over ÂŁ500 for Kidney Research, who were the real winners overall.

We also played a challenge match shortly after that against a local High School in Cardiff.

Had a fantastic time at both.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:03 AM   #4
merely human

JEEZUS CRIPES! I hate it when people use ugly, synthetic computer music on their sites. It's annoying to have your browser freeze for a minute while the stupid music has to load, and sometimes it even stops and freezes your browser. Bad enough if someone has broadband (which I do), but it's sheer hell for 56kers.

redhotray, you really don't need the music. I couldn't read anything because my browser froze and I couldn't scroll down. Sorry.

EDIT: Hey, you might want to ask around on how to use an audio format that's faster to download. I've been to sites with imbedded music that don't screw up my browser, but I've been to too many other sites that do.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 01-25-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:30 AM   #5

Don't add embedded music that starts automatically at all. Ever. Lots of people play music while they surf, and they don't want it disturbed without at least some prior warning. My reaction, at least, is to immediately close the entire thing without looking at the site. If you have to add music, make it optional for the viewer to play or not.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:33 PM   #6

Yo.

I'm pretty html illiterate, what is the tag I have to use to make the music optional? It's sort of an injoke as to why it's on there, so I wanted to keep it for that reason.

What do I have to do in order for you guys to disable it? Sorry to ask a dumb question...LOL
Old 01-25-2004, 12:51 PM   #7

I actually just went ahead and axed the music from the site.

To be honest, I'd been having problems loading it up in work with the music on anyway.

You should all be able to safely look at the site now.

It wasn't a very good midi representation of 'We are the champions' anyway - LOL

Thanks for all of your interest.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:37 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to HaiDang Send a message via Yahoo to HaiDang

Wow, the graphical design is really second to none... I mean, if you don't count that Quest for the Crown or something.
No offence
Old 01-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #9

Dude...

NOTHING tops Quest for the Crown in that department, even though this site is pretty damn close.

I look at it as a page more for information than eye candy.

It makes me feel better when I say that to myself anyway - LOL
Old 01-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #10
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I have to upload the Major League Bowling site my friends and I used briefly in high school ... if I could just find it...

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens