You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #781
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
1. Do you care in the slightest about the Oscars?
2. Which fictional vision of the future (from literature, TV, film, etc...) would you most like to see come true?
3. Which vision of the future do you feel is the most likely to come true?
1. Nope
2. Futurama
3. Back to the Future
________
1. Apples or Oranges
2. Grapes or Strawberries
3. Musical Movie or Love story?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #782
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Appels + Oranjes (pumpkins reference )
2. Strawberries.
3. Love story. I don't do musicals.

1. Why do you think I picked strawberries?
2. Was everyone kung-fu fighting?
3. What are you looking forward to?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #783
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. Why do you think I picked strawberries?
2. Was everyone kung-fu fighting?
3. What are you looking forward to?
1. Because they're better than grapes. Isn't it obvious?
2. Not me, no. I registered for a judo course once but was sent home after the first class because my toenails were too long. Now there's a piece of info that no one needed to hear.
3. Change.

---

1. If there was only one culture in the world (it could be race, religion, nationality...), which one do you think would function best on a global scale?
2. Do you think there will still be a dramatic cultural divide on our planet in the future or will everyone share very similar beliefs and traditions?
3. Do you think the world is a better place today than it was 200 years ago?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #784
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
1. If there was only one culture in the world (it could be race, religion, nationality...), which one do you think would function best on a global scale?
2. Do you think there will still be a dramatic cultural divide on our planet in the future or will everyone share very similar beliefs and traditions?
3. Do you think the world is a better place today than it was 200 years ago?
________
  1. Cheese
  2. Somewhere in the middle
  3. Yes, absolutely. My fry pan is stainless silver, my phone has a live traffic map on it, I can go into the kitchen and get ice, people smell better, I can whiten my teeth at home, and if you're so inclined there is a weath of animated smiley icons to go with every post.
________
  1. Why is the sky blue (above the clouds)?
  2. I think I have ghosts--who should I call?
  3. The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to what?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:56 AM   #785
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
  2. I think I have ghosts--who should I call?
  3. The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to what?
1. Go ask your mother.
2. Not who you think.
3. You're not my type.

1. Did you ever get into serious trouble when you were a kid, and if so, what happened?
2. If video or PC games never existed, what would you be doing instead?
3. If you had to give up your current career, what would you choose in its place?*

* You must give up the ENTIRE field. Example: if you're in the computer/technology field, you must give up EVERYTHING that categorically falls in that field, i.e. no career path that involves working with computers or technology. Aren't I evil?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 01-24-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #786
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
________
1. Rayleigh scattering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
1. Did you ever get into serious trouble when you were a kid, and if so, what happened?
3. If you had to give up your current career, what would you choose in its place?*

* You must give up the ENTIRE field. Example: if you're in the computer/technology field, you must give up EVERYTHING that categorically falls in that field, i.e. no career path that involves working with computers or technology. Aren't I evil?
1. No, I was a paragon of virtue. I was once falsely accused of biting a girl, but it was all LIES!

2. Chemistry-related stuff probably. That seemed to be my best subject at school

3. Running a second-hand bookshop
Old 01-24-2007, 02:03 AM   #787
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH View Post
1. No, I was a paragon of virtue. I was once falsely accused of biting a girl, but it was all LIES!
I hope her 'rents sued your 'rents' asses. You poor thing, I'm sorry.

Quote:
3. Running a second-hand bookshop
O god. I'm your first customer, then!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #788
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
3. If you had to give up your current career, what would you choose in its place?

1. nope, I was a good girl (for the most part)
2. I don’t really know
3. I don’t have a “career” per say right now. I really don’t have anything to give up.

______

1. Favorite non –alcoholic beverage
2. Get up early or sleep in
3. TV or movie

Old 01-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #789
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. Favorite non –alcoholic beverage
2. Get up early or sleep in
3. TV or movie
1. Mixed berry yogurt smoothie
2. Sleep in. Until noon if I can.
3. Movie.

---

1. Is a lousy job better than no job at all?
2. If a genie appeared and granted you three wishes, what colour pants would he be wearing?
3. What scares you more? Heights, insects, claustrophobia or Joe Rogan?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #790
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
1. Is a lousy job better than no job at all?
2. If a genie appeared and granted you three wishes, what colour pants would he be wearing?
3. What scares you more? Heights, insects, claustrophobia or Joe Rogan?
1. Yes, because it pays the rent, the bills, and feeds you while you search for better job. In my current situation that certainly applies.

2. He's wearing pants?

3. Is Joe Rogan cute?*

*EDIT: Just googled him. Okay, one night possibly.

1. What would you be rather be doing this very moment?
2. If you were served what your host claims to be one of the most delicious delicacies you'll ever taste but warns you to never ask what it is, would you eat it?
3. Can you honestly say you'd be able to wear a bikini or Speedos at a beautiful populated beach and not be freaked out self conscious?

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 01-24-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #791
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
3. Is Joe Rogan cute?
I'd post a picture of him here but I'd rather not pollute this thread.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #792
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
2. If you were served what your host claims to be one of the most delicious delicacies you'll ever taste but warns you to never ask what it is, would you eat it?
3. Can you honestly say you'd be able to wear a bikini or Speedos at a beautiful populated beach and not be freaked out self conscious?

1. Shopping
2. Nope, I don’t put stuff in my mouth if I don’t know what it is
3. No way man….. what are you kidding me… I could put someone’s eye out with these.

________

1. Do you like cheese?
2. Do you like flavored popcorn?
3. Do you like Jelly Belly Jelly Beans?

Old 01-24-2007, 02:09 PM   #793
Lazy Bee

Quote:
1. Go to bed and read the end of that intriguing detective novel I'm at the very end of.
2. NO!
3. As a matter of fact yes. I'm 42 going on 43. This is how I look!

Did I fool anyone?

-----

1. Will humanity be able to save this planet before it's impossible to live here?
2. Will there ever be colonies on other planets?
3. What do you do on a daily basis to preserve a healthy environment?

EDIT: Dang! Always beaten by bulldog.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:13 PM   #794
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
As a matter of fact yes. I'm 42 going on 43. This is how I look!

Did I fool anyone?
I thought you looked nice in your lime green number, by the pool.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #795
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
2. Nope, I don’t put stuff in my mouth if I don’t know what it is
No comment.
Quote:
3. No way man….. what are you kidding me… I could put someone’s eye out with these.
I promised myself I'd sign up at the local L.A. Fitness this month but my expenses dictate having to wait til mid February. I have absolutely zero interest in being a beach person but I would like to tone up (I'm skinny) so that I wouldn't feel self-conscious if I were at the beach (which I will never go to anyway).

Oh, and I would never wear Speedos. That's sooo gay. I prefer swim trunks.

Quote:
1. Do you like cheese?
2. Do you like flavored popcorn?
3. Do you like Jelly Belly Jelly Beans?
1. Absolutely. I love a good bleu, a sweet havarta, a warm brie, a snappy sharp cheddar, a salty rich Swiss Gruyere....

2. Some of the best cheddar corn comes from a couple of places back in downtown Chicago. One of them is on Michigan Avenue just south of the famous Water Tower and right across from Neiman Marcus. They make it hot and fresh on the spot. They also make caramel version. The place is so popular that on weekends and during the holiday season the line stretches out the door and half a block. I really miss it, but damn does that stuff f*** up your appetite.

3. Ding!! My favourtie is Sour Jelly Bellies. Never get sick of 'em.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #796
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I thought you looked nice in your lime green number, by the pool.
You're a darling!

And probably hoping I'll leave all my money to you some day huh'!?

Just kidding. I'm watching Will and Grace too much and that was something Karen Walker probably would say.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #797
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
1. Will humanity be able to save this planet before it's impossible to live here?
1. I'm going to say no. Well, yes. Sort of. I don't think it's going to become completely inhabitable, but I don't think we'll be able to restore it to the way it was in the past. We'll probably end up simply having to adapt.
2. Absolutely. I doubt this will happen in my life time, but it seems like a pretty natural step for out species to take. Unfortunately it'll probably end up with us fucking up that planet too in the end, but that's another story.
3. I try to use as little power as possible. We keep our heat relatively low and wear extra layers indoors when it gets hold. We never leave lights on in rooms that we're not it. We recycle as much as possible. Little things basically.

---

1. Do you frequently get creative ideas?
2. If so, do you pursue them? If not, do you wish you did?
3. Are you athletic?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #798
Lovable rogue

Quote:
You're a darling!

And probably hoping I'll leave all my money to you some day huh'!?

Just kidding. I'm watching Will and Grace too much and that was something Karen Walker probably would say.
So, you've been watching a lot of Will & Grace, and you want to be a secretary?

It just so happens I'm looking for an assistant in the Karen Walker variety, call me.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 01-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #799
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelsie View Post
1. Yes. Many of the world leaders, corporate idiots, and influential government figures (including that retard in the White House) are old, they are part of the generation that helped screw up our planet in the first place, and they will eventually die off. Meanwhile, it's up to the younger generation to help begin undoing the damage their elders did, and to the even younger generation, when they come of age, to actually help begin the healing process of the planet, because they're growing up in this age where we're starting to be more educated about what's happening and what we can do about it.

2. That depends on how successful the immediate future generations will be on controlling things on Earth like population growth, the management of resources, re-establishing biological and environmental stability, and culture clashes. But even then that wouldn't stop us from investigating the feasibility of starting colonies on, say, the moon (to start), for research, recreational, and industrial purposes. We've always been an inquisitive species, if we find a way we'll do it.

3. Buy as little as possible. I absolutely hate the world of consumerism I've grown up in, and it's disgusting seeing how it's grooming young children to want everything around them, regardless of its long term impact.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #800
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
So, you've been watching a lot of Will & Grace, and you want to be a secretary?

It just so happens I'm looking for an assistant in the Karen Walker variety, call me.
I'm going to be so right in that position! Hand me my nailfile Wilma.