You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 08:17 PM   #721
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
1. Wool, cotton, linen, or silk?
2. What's the most disgusting food you've ever eaten?
3. What was the most embarrassing thing you've ever said on a date?
  1. Linen for summer, cotton for autumn, wool for winter, silk for spring.
  2. New Zealand lamb. Look, I know it's supposed to be the cats meow (woof!), but this particular lamp was so metallic tasting. There had to be somebody there that agreed with me, but was I going to the be the first one to complain about the hosts meat?
  3. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!" No, really. I didn't date much at all, but when I was very young (Jr. High?), I went with a girl to the state fair and ended up on a fast ferris wheel that didn't agree with me. I don't know why--I wasn't put off of rides later.
--------
  1. Two potatoes take 45 minutes to bake in a 350 degree oven. If I add four more, should I increase the temperature, the time, or both?
  2. Why can't I lick myself in public?
  3. When does a fiddle stop being a violin?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #722
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
  1. Two potatoes take 45 minutes to bake in a 350 degree oven. If I add four more, should I increase the temperature, the time, or both?
  2. Why can't I lick myself in public?
  3. When does a fiddle stop being a violin?
1. Forget the oven. Instead, nuke the spuds one by one in the microwave, five minutes each. Be sure to perforate them with a fork so the excess heat can escape.

2. Because you don't have four legs, a tail, and a natural urge to sniff people's asses.

3. When it leaves the stage at the philharmonic and goes to a barn dance.

1. Who is/was your favourite Disney character?
2. Who is/was your favourite Star Wars character?
3. Who is/was your favourite teacher in high school?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #723
The Major Grubert.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow.
  2. Too easy, Yoda, would be to answer.
  3. Oh man, I wish I could go back in time and talk to my 4th grade teacher, Ms. McFarlane. Hey, being the only teacher I actually remember the name of has to count for something. I didn't have the hots for her, she just made the best impression on me.
--------
  1. Can I leave my Christmas lights turned on all year long?
  2. What comment do you wish the most to go back and take back?
  3. Why did the Tyrell corporation create the replicant Deckard?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #724
merely human

Quote:
  1. Can I leave my Christmas lights turned on all year long?
  2. What comment do you wish the most to go back and take back?
  3. Why did the Tyrell corporation create the replicant Deckard?
1. Absolutely. Just get rid of all the Christmas crap and move the lights to your backyard during spring and summer. Set up a table and chairs at twilight, add some glowing Chinese lanterns, a tiki bar, pump out some Astrud Gilberto and bosa nova on the speakers, mix up some pina coladas and planters punch, cook up some chicken and cheese quesadillas and sugar fried plantains, and invite your friends and neighbours.

2. "I wanna have your baby."

3. Why have just one of a good thing? Personally I would've wanted a couple of Roys to shag.

1. If you had the opportunity to sit down with President Bush for a couple hours, what would you do say to him?
2. If you had the oppurtunity to sit down with Kim Jong-il, what would you do say to him?
3. If you had the opportunity to sit down with Heidi Klum, what would you do say to her?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #725
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
1. If you had the opportunity to sit down with President Bush for a couple hours, what would you do say to him?
2. If you had the oppurtunity to sit down with Kim Jong-il, what would you do say to him?
3. If you had the opportunity to sit down with Heidi Klum, what would you do say to her?
1. "How about a hug? From what I've seen, you seem to really need one."
2. "Would you like a hug as well? I mean, you looked rather upset when you saw me giving one to Georgie and all."
3. "Eww, I'm not hugging you! You've got cooties."

And because I kind of feel like answering these questions:

Quote:
1. Who is/was your favourite Disney character?
2. Who is/was your favourite Star Wars character?
3. Who is/was your favourite teacher in high school?
1. Iago from Aladdin.
2. Jabba the Hutt.
3. A tie between Mr. Boldt, my grade seven music teacher, and Mr. Capier, my grade eleven Theory of Knowledge teacher. The former inspired me to become a band geek, and the latter inspired me to become a philosophy geek. (I was already a computer geek since long before, thanks to my father.)

1. Describe a person who changed your life.
2. Describe an event that changed your life.
3. How would you react if someone came up to you right now and told you that you have changed their life?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:55 AM   #726
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
3. How would you react if someone came up to you right now and told you that you have changed their life?
1. Both my children. You have no idea how much my life changed (into the better) when having children.
2. A lot of events have changed my life. I guess each choice I make changes it. But to give you examples of two events that made major changes in my and my family's lives: Learning about our daughter's medical condition and collapsing at work (= realizing I was burned out).
My daughter's health issue isn't life threatening, but it's an on-going thing that I need to be observant of. Each stage in her life has its problems and it effects us all.
My burn out was severe and I'm still working on my recovery. The prognose is good although I might not be able to work full time ever again.
3. It depends on whether his/her life changed to the better or to the worse. If it was to the better I'd be happy, but most likely I'd not believe it fully. If it was to the worse I'd probably get some physical anxiety reaction.

------
Sorry for repeating these questions. But I think they're really good questions and would like to see some other forumite answering them. Hopefully in an honest and serious fashion.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #727
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
1. For me that is a tie, my mother and my daughter. They both have impacted my life so much; I can’t imagine life with out either of them.

2. The day my father told me he hated me; he told me that as far as he was concerned “We are on ground zero, he didn’t love me, and I didn’t love him”, then he said that he wished that I was never born. From that moment on I decided that no matter what I would prove him wrong. I decided that I would make my self a better person then he was.

3. At first I would be flabbergasted at the thought that someone like me could change someone else’s life, I would hope for the better. Then I would hold that moment very close to me forever.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #728
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
2. The day my father told me he hated me; he told me that as far as he was concerned “We are on ground zero, he didn’t love me, and I didn’t love him”, then he said that he wished that I was never born. From that moment on I decided that no matter what I would prove him wrong. I decided that I would make my self a better person then he was.
Well, if he said that, you;d have to be a pretty awful person NOT to be better than that. Bastard (not to disparage your grandmother). As a father myself, I really cannot understand one iota how any father could say that.

*hug*

Quote:
1. Do you have pets?
2. What kind?
3. How many of each?
1. No
2. The non-existent kind.
3. Zero

----------

1. Who would you give your life for, if anyone?
2. Is giving your life for someone else the ultimate sacrifice?
3. Fluffy bunnies or babies with dimples?
Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #729
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Quote:
Can I leave my Christmas lights up all year?
1. Absolutely. Just get rid of all the Christmas crap and move the lights to your backyard during spring and summer. Set up a table and chairs at twilight, add some glowing Chinese lanterns, a tiki bar, pump out some Astrud Gilberto and bosa nova on the speakers, mix up some pina coladas and planters punch, cook up some chicken and cheese quesadillas and sugar fried plantains, and invite your friends and neighbours.
Oh geeze, you just described my back yard, sight, smell, and sound.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #730
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH View Post
1. Who would you give your life for, if anyone?
2. Is giving your life for someone else the ultimate sacrifice?
3. Fluffy bunnies or babies with dimples?
  1. Any child in danger.
  2. Naw, death is easy. Accepting the lie that leaves your family in shame for the good of the Empire is THE ultimate Warrior's sacrifice!
  3. I already answered this. See #1. Too bad I never had any.
  3. You're walking on a stone bridge and see a tall truck coming that won't make it under. You know that nobody gets killed doing this, but it does some serious damage to the truck. You have a high-speed camera on you.

Do you put the camera in continuous mode and film the entire event, making a really cool montage of images, or do you run out onto the bridge (which is safe) and wave frantically hoping to stop the truck from making a terrible mistake?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:18 AM   #731
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
  1. What would you not do for two million dollars?
  2. Mushroom clouds on the horizon--what do you do?!
  3. You're walking on a stone bridge and see a tall truck coming that won't make it under. You know that nobody gets killed doing this, but it does some serious damage to the truck. You have a high-speed camera on you.

Do you put the camera in continuous mode and film the entire event, making a really cool montage of images, or do you run out onto the bridge (which is safe) and wave frantically hoping to stop the truck from making a terrible mistake?
1. Um, killing a child (or anyone who isn't on death row). There are probably quite a few things that I wouldn't do for 2 million dollars. Now 3 million, that's a different story.
2. Do you mean literally or figuratively? If I was moments away from being incinerated I would probably just stare at the thing while uttering the words "oh shit" in comedic fashion. If I knew that doomsday was right around the corner, but still had a little bit of time first, I think I'd try to have sex with as many women as possible. It's a simple goal, I know, but it would probably be quite satisfying.
3. This is sort of a funny question because I passed by a huge 18 wheeler once that was stuck under a bridge not far from my school (this was back in Montreal). It's front wheels were lifted off the ground as the back was kind of smooshed under the bridge. They brought in another truck to empty out the contents of this one, with a third flatbed truck perpendicular in the middle serving as a bridge (the two big truck were back to back). When they finished emptying everything from the crushed one to the new one, the new one had gained so much weight that it lowered into the middle truck and got stuck. By the end, all 3 trucks were stuck, one of which had a huge dent in the middle. It's hard to describe really, but I can assure you that it was quite amusing to watch. So yes, the montage thing.

---

1. Were my answers to those previous questions too drawn-out?
2. Are you a nature person or a city person?
3. Have you ever gone a serious road trip? Where to?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:52 AM   #732
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
1. Were my answers to those previous questions too drawn-out?
2. Are you a nature person or a city person?
3. Have you ever gone a serious road trip? Where to?
  1. Not all of them. The last one can be excused by the oddness of the story as related to the question.
  2. I find nature nice to visit (so I'm not a city centre person) but I like my handy amenities too much to live out in the country.
  3. Can't say I have. Sorry.

1. Who is the most famous person you've actually met and how did you meet them?
  2. When you write questions do you pick ones where you think you have an nteresting answer yourself?
  3. Have you ever gone a serious road trip? If so, where to? If not, what's the most interesting trip you have been on?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 01-19-2007, 06:07 AM   #733
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

1. Take your pick from a couple of members of the royal family (various Cathedral Choir events yonks ago, though I never did get to meet the Queen when she came), or... um... Roger Black at a school prizegiving (he's an old boy)? Lord Butler (he of the Iraq report thing in Britain; he's the master of our college)? Nobody really famous that I've actually met, then.

2. No. I actually find thinking up questions quite hard, so I normally settle for anything that isn't totally stupid .

3. I've never been on a road trip. Of the places that I have been, Estonia before it became more touristy is probably the most interesting place that I've been. Or maybe Moscow.
______

1. Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush?
2. Does a stitch in time save nine?
3. Do too many cooks spoil the broth?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:58 AM   #734
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
1. Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush?
2. Does a stitch in time save nine?
3. Do too many cooks spoil the broth?
1. I prefer wild birds on a distance instead of those that come up close. Like pigeons. Eiww.
2. How could it it prevent that? I'd rather not have any stitches at all if I wasn't bleeding heavliy and then I guess I would need at least nine.
3. No, they spoil the soup.

------
1. How come proverbs/sayings from different languages are so alike?
2. Which is your favourite proverb/saying?
3. Make up a proverb/saying of your own. (OK, that's not a question, but if I was to ask you if you'd like to do so, you might answer no. And that wouldn't be any fun. )
Old 01-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #735
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

1. Because they represent universal truths? Or perhaps its that there's no such thing as originality...
2. "The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake"
3. Beware geeks bearing GIFs

------------

1. Is there anything that happened years ago that you still sometimes find yourself thinking "I wish I'd done X instead" even though it really is unimportant or insignificant now...
2. Have any trees blown down in your neighbourhood recently?
3. Do you prefer cheap prices and paid optional extras, or all-inclusive deals?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #736
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH
Well, if he said that, you;d have to be a pretty awful person NOT to be better than that. Bastard (not to disparage your grandmother). As a father myself, I really cannot understand one iota how any father could say that.
*hug*
Yeap he really said that. I was 13 years old and from then on out we never spoke to each other except to pass stares of hate. After he told me that besides the stares of hate we wouldn’t even stay in the same room with each other. If one of us came into a room the other would leave.

My grandmother understands that he and I don’t get along well at all, but that is her son and I respect that and hold my tongue when I’m around her. I love my grandmother and I would never say anything to her or around her to upset her. She is fully aware of my father’s behavior.

Thanks for the hug, *hugs for SSH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
1. How come proverbs/sayings from different languages are so alike?
2. Which is your favorite proverb/saying?
3. Make up a proverb/saying of your own. (OK, that's not a question, but if I was to ask you if you'd like to do so, you might answer no. And that wouldn't be any fun. )
1. B/c they have been passed down through the generations for years. I think that we are all connected through our history somewhere.
2. My favorite is “Piss or get off the pot”
3. “Stop striating the fence or you might cut your nuts off”

Old 01-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #737
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Bright stars!
2. Large harvest moon!
3. Cold winter night, definitely! (I get fidgetty when too hot)
_________________________________-

1. GREAT DAY?
2. What's the weirdest noise you've ever heard?
3. Why is most new mainstream music terrible?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #738
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
1. GREAT DAY?
2. What's the weirdest noise you've ever heard?
3. Why is most new mainstream music terrible?
1. I’m I having a great day? It’s ok.
2. Not really sure
3. I only listen to Country and Old Metal music

Old 01-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #739
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsie View Post
1. Do you bake?
2. What is your favorite meal?
3. What color are your eyes?
1. Yes, but not that often. I can make a pretty chocolate chip cookie from scratch. I also make what's called an almost apple pie, which is a cross between a pie and a cobbler. A couple years back I made a three cheese souffle for the first time in my life. It turned out deliciously but I didn't beat the egg whites enough so it didn't rise as high.

2. Dinner. I rarely ever eat a big breakfast, usually just coffee, juice, and a banana. Lunch is light as well, but it's dinner that I pig out on. I've been on an Indian and Thai mood in the last couple weeks or so, they're two of my favourite cuisines.

3. Depending on the light, dark brown or onyx.

1. Which of your physical features have you been complimented on the most?
2. If you must move to a new city or other place to start all over, where would you move?
3. If you ever decided to go back to school for another degree, what kind of degree and what would you study?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #740
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
1. Which of your physical features have you been complimented on the most?
2. If you must move to a new city or other place to start all over, where would you move?
3. If you ever decided to go back to school for another degree, what kind of degree and what would you study?
1. Probably my eyes. My right eye is blue and my left eye is half brown and half green.
2. I don’t really know there are a lot of places I would want to visit, but I would probably stay in the South.
3. Probably finish my Teaching Degree.