You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
Lazy Bee

Default communication

Just a rant about the people that are working with our basement. Some of you remember the 2 dm flooded basement I had some months ago.
Well, we're just about to start doing the new interior. We just need some help from different companies: electricians, plumbing contractors and brick layers. The problem is the coordinator for this whole business. He works at a company that 'takes care' of problems like a floodings for instance. But this man isn't able to coordinate anything. Today I discovered that the plumbers who were disconnecting the water heater in order to move it so that we can put in the new floor in that area only were going to disconncet it and move it. Not reconnect it in it's temporary position until the floor is done. Nope, that wasn't on their work order. And no electrician was contacted either to do the electricity for the same heater.
This is the case all the time. And since Christer works out of town almost every week until his vacation I'm the one who's dealing with it. And I'm not that comfortable with the fact that these craftsmen don't always listen to women. Once I had to phone Christer and hand over the cell phone so that he could tell them what problem we were facing at the moment.
It just frustrates me very much!
End of rant!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

This sounds like a case for

AG forums butt-kicking services

Please send your credit card details with full instructions regarding butts requiring kicking along with approximate direction and force to be applied.

Seriously, the problem appears to be that the co-ordinater is not doing the job you are presumably paying them for. You need to make it clear to them that you are unhappy with the level of service being provided and will take this into consideration when they bill you. Be sure to take notes of everything (times, dates, what went wrong) so you have something to back up any claim for a reduction in their charges.

As for workmen not taking instructions from a woman, that is simply not acceptable in this day and age. Next time they require instruction from Christer I would suggest getting him to tell them that he has complete faith in you and that if they have problem taking orders from you then they can be replaced by somoeone without such an issue.

But then, I can be an argumentative bugger sometimes.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Lazy Bee

Thanks Stepurhan I appreciate your concern!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
This sounds like a case for

AG forums butt-kicking services

Please send your credit card details with full instructions regarding butts requiring kicking along with approximate direction and force to be applied.
I will sir, right away!

Quote:
Seriously, the problem appears to be that the co-ordinater is not doing the job you are presumably paying them for. You need to make it clear to them that you are unhappy with the level of service being provided and will take this into consideration when they bill you. Be sure to take notes of everything (times, dates, what went wrong) so you have something to back up any claim for a reduction in their charges.
Well, it's the insurance company that will pay for their services, but that doesn't change anything regarding their poor co-ordination, service and communication. Even this evening I detected negligence from them. A matter I talked to them about in the morning, giving instructions on how to remove a cupboard from the wall to be able to work on the floor beneath. The cupboard is still attached to the wall and the floor beneath isn't done.
Quote:
As for workmen not taking instructions from a woman, that is simply not acceptable in this day and age. Next time they require instruction from Christer I would suggest getting him to tell them that he has complete faith in you and that if they have problem taking orders from you then they can be replaced by somoeone without such an issue.
It's not that they ask for Christer's instruction, they just go, yeah, yeah when I talk to them and then totally ignore what I said. Like what happened this morning with the cupboard.
I'm giving their co-ordinator a call 7.00 am sharp to give him my view on this. Grrrr!
And believe me, I've only told you about a few things they've messed up!