You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Describe your gaming rig

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #21
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

My gaming machine is purple, and little and cute. It has a cute little handle and four controller ports. And it works, which is more than I can say of a PC. And it was cheap, which means I didn't have to take out a loan to get it. And it's oh-so-cute. And it's got the Nintendo logo written-

[runs from flying knives]
Old 06-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #22
merely human

It's off-white, curved, with a wireless controller and it says Xbox360 on it and plays on a little HDTV with Logitech subwoofer speaker system.

F*** PC gaming for the next couple years, I don't need worry about freaking graphics cards upgrades and hardware. NYAH!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-14-2006, 02:45 AM   #23
is not wierd

You're just trying to make yourself feel good about your little X360, because you really know that

Spoiler:
PC > X360

Don't deny it.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:36 AM   #24
Bad command or file name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone
i just fininshed working on my new gaming computer, and i was wondering what everyone else here is running

model and company: i started with a gateway FX510XT ( webpage here )

upgrades and modifications: i water cooled the system, installed cold cathode lighting in the case, and went full wireless

setup and location: i have the computer in my living room and i am using my 46" HDTV as a monitor, and the sound is plugged into a 7.1 home theater system ..............i also have all my other electronics (x360, ps2, etc...) hooked up to the same tv and home theater system

comments: personally i prefer nvidia to ati, but the ati dual card setup in my computer is one of the best gpu setups that you can buy right now..........i also love to be able to play games on the big screen while leaning back in my recliner...........and it feels good to have a completely new computer after almost 2 years of constantly upgrading my old one
Did your gateway come with a locked bios? It's been years since I've seen a major manufacturer leaving the bios open for people tinker in. If the bios is locked and you can't overclock, then why did you decide to go the water cooling route?

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 05:00 AM   #25

So far I can't see why AGamers are considered to be at the bottom end of raw gaming power. Most confings I've read have a decent graphics card and a decent CPU. I can't see why we do not get our next gen AGs with all the DX9 candy. Probably has something to do with this, Half Life 2 (not ep1) and a 6600GT give a full on gaming experience with FSAA and AF on, 80 Days gives the same framerate and puts the same (roughly) strain on the GPU with all the options to high but compare the output of the two games. Bad, bad, bad programming! Since we have talented artists, I believe its time we have some talented programmers.

PS: I will not fall for the Valve has millions to spare thingy…

Games: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, World of Warcraft
Music: Laurent Garnier - Restrospective, Squarepusher - Hello Everything
Movies: Terry Gilliam - Tideland