You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Thank you, Dad. You are my hero.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #21
merely human

The sampaguita, the national flower of the Philippines

Thank you, everyone, for all the love. I let Nanay see this thread, and she was touched.

We're doing well. I'm still a bit floored that I came to be here and then Dad must have been relieved that Nanay will have someone with her for company so in a way he could finally relax and let go of this world. Such is fate, I guess. But I am incredibly happy here with her and I love the neighbourhood. We've become like the roommates in that TV show The Odd Couple. Now she has me to scold if I sleep too late, walk on the carpet barefoot (for some reason she has this paranoia about that and I tease her by saying I'm going to get cancer from it and she giggles), and when I don't eat enough vegetables (I eat more than enough already).

We're all still grieving, of course, but we're also moving on. There are plans for relatives to periodically visit, and we're all going to meet in Scottsdale, AZ around Christmastime for Nanay's 80th birthday celebration.

You guys are the most awesome online pals ever! Love ya!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #22
Super Moderator

The only other Philippino (sp?) family that I know is HUGE so if yours follows suit you must have gazillions of relatives.

I hope the service you had for your dad was as happy as it was sad (that sounds weird but..). It's awful to say goodbye but then I'm sure you celebrated his life as well.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #23
merely human

Thanks. Yes, it was also a celebration of our closeness and successes, and we all know that that was exactly how Dad wanted to be remembered, because he made it possible for us.

Quote:
The only other Philippino (sp?) family that I know is HUGE so if yours follows suit you must have gazillions of relatives.
Like rabbits. Yep.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien