You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #81
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
That you're actually some kind of knife-wielding maniac?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
You think you're Macbeth?

Is this a dagger I see before me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Maybe she just likes steak?

Or maybe it is telling me I should finally get myself a decent Katana and Wakizashi (or Tanto), and learn to use it. As soon as my Ninja shoes arrive, I'll be ready for the next N.O.W. ("Ninjas Overtake World").

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #82
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
I want to know how I can wake up with a hangover after dreamming of getting drunk...seriously is there some sort of medical explination or something?
You sleepwalk?

Drinking a can of cider? Your dreams just ooze class!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:30 AM   #83
In need of therapy

I had one - I dreamt the other night that a horde of multinational Japanese eat-out chains took over the main street in my hometown, so that every restaurant was something like "Keiko's Soba". They also had some interesting english: "You are having good eat here".
Now, if a psychiatrist can make sense of that I will be officially impressed.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:25 AM   #84

I had a strange dream today:

I was in a wide cobbled square or campus between a large building that looked like a sports hall. There's high flower beds with trees planted in it all around the square. There's small groups of people here and there too. Someone from my class (a real person) was driving on a motorbike, and she was being strange. Something caused me to try and stop her (I think that I wanted to pull her off the motorbike, because she was going to do something that I thought was not right. I think the thing she was going to do was unrelated to the motorbike and the square, though.). So I try to stop her, but am pulled along by the motorbike - it doesn't hurt, though. We wave around the square in an unsteady, dangerous manner, until we fall over, and there's Benzin fire everywhere. I see the blueish-yellow flames licking around and at me (they don't hurt, though. I think I was a bit scared, but also dazzled by the beauty of the fire) before the dream changes.

I am now above the square, flying (I think I was in a helicopter, but there was no noise) and observing the events below. It's a special police unit that is observing the events. Later I realise that I am one of them, but at the moment I just see the fire (still the light blue-yellow-white flames of Benzin) on the square down below, and a separate shape, looming a bit above, beside the fire. It is the shape of a distorted, larger than life sized human, only it's contours visible as they are drawn from red-orange (at a contrast with the other fire) flames. I think I had a feeling that I am that shape.

Next I am still one of the special investigation force, doing something in an apartement. I cannot remember what exactly, but I remember that it was somehow related to an investigation involving the Green Man (scroll down)/Oberon (the more classic version, like it was also used by Terry Pratchett in "Lords and Ladies"). Then we go to Ireland. We approach the shore, and there's *large* hills, and fat people, and they speak german (with a bit bavarian dialect, I think), and the whole scene reminds me of those miniature landscapes and towns built for toy trains, and behaving like a very elaborate, but kitschy, clockwork diorama. I especially remember two fat, mustached 'Irish Men', in traditional dress (not Irish. It wasn't quite Lederhos'n either, but it reminded me a lot of it), moving wooden crates at the harbour, along a narrow path with a railway on it, and climbing over one crate, saying something. I realised that it was definitely not what I had imagined Ireland to look like (more like what I would never Ireland to look like), but at the same time there was no doubt for me that it was Ireland. I had a feeling that the fat men in Austrian/Swiss/Bavarian traditional dress were an exaggerated perversion of the concept of Leprechauns.).

Next I was on my way to another apartement (I assume it was in Ireland, though it could have been in any part of Mid-northern Europe, by the look of the apartment house, and it's surroundings, the weather, and just about everything.). I went inside to the staircase where, on the side beside the first flight of stairs, some things of the janitor (like a large cart to transport large objects that can't be carried, around the building. It's not something you'd see a janitor for a normal apartement building use, because it's much too large for most buildings. It's basically one of those carts that are used to transport and store the matresses in gymns. The janitor(s) at my school have two or three of those carts, and he always stores them on the floor level in the niches under and beside the staircases on the ground level.) were stored. On the cart I saw my plush toys (which I still hug every evening): A duck ["Wullewack"] that quacks when you squeeze her, a grey cat [which has seen much love. The fur is very worn, and I can't remember the time when it was fluffy. Now her fur is quite flat. But I don't care what she looks like. I wouldn't give her away, not for anything in the world. Her name is "Katzi", which is a cute-fied form of the German word for "cat", "Katze".], and a neck support in the form of a snake ["Schlängli". Again, a cutefied form of the German word for "Snake", "Schlange".]. I go there, get down on one knee, and pet Katzi like you would do to a real cat. Then I woke up (though I think there was someone saying something to me in the dream, the moment I woke up.)

-

Old 06-16-2006, 03:49 AM   #85
Lovable rogue

I'm not really one for dreams, but I had a strange one last night, so I thought I'd share.

I was in a car with Trep and some other people. The dog from his avatar was there, and it was acting especially adorable, then it started trying to eat my shoe.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-22-2006, 04:56 AM   #86

Today I had a strange, but kind of cool dream:

The Simpsons kids and the Flanders kids, an I all came to that castle. There was this creepy mage guy, who chose one of us to become his apprentice. He chose me, and I became a tall man that looked like a darker version of Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka.

Next he sent me out of the castle for some reason, and told me I should remember the paths, or else I would not be worthy of being his apprentice. I went out, first out of the castle, then in a Museum like front chamber which was inside and outside at the same time (at least it felt to me it was that way), and had a magically protected gate in it. I went inside the forest, avoided the hungry wolves, couldn't find the way to the village, but remembered the way back to the castle. At the castle there were people that I felt were friends of mine, and they were in trouble with some villains. I managed to protect them and get inside the magical gate, and after some tries managed to close the gate. But the villains had since managed to blast a small hole in the fence of the gate, which I had to repair. Meanwhile I sent my friend inside the castle to be in safety. However, inside the castle they were approached by a horde of soul clones of some guy. I also found the real sould of the guy whose soul got cloned - It looked like a lifesize knitted doll of that person. I battled away the soul clones while trying to repair the hole in the fence, all the while hearing a song with lyrics that sounded like "Sorcery Stole My Soul".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's like a demented mix of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Krabat" (although I am not transformed into a Raven, but into Dark Willy Wonka), and "Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things".

Of course, these are all quite dark stories, so the dream was appropriately dark too, despite my relaxed summary of it. I had to write it down quickly, so that I wouldn't forget it. It was much darker than it probably sounds.

-

Old 03-24-2009, 02:29 AM   #87

I had a funny dream that I didn't immediately recognise as a dream this morning:

I was lying in my bed, looking out the window at a morning sky with some light clouds, and coloured and yellows and grays. It was a pretty picture, slightly melancholy, and entirely perfect in that. I was thinking to myself "I should get up and take a picture of it before its gone", when suddenly an empty garbage truck flew by in the distance. However, the only thing that I thought about that "Hm, that's unusal". So I was aware that usually trucks are a wee bit heavy to fly (especially like this one, blown up and down on breezes like a leaf, or like a tiny bird). I continued to come up with good reasons explaining how this truck could be blown by on such a lovely day, while several other trucks flew by in a similar pattern.

Only in retrospect, when remembering I had had that dream, I noticed I should have realised that I was dreaming: The things I saw were completely clear, and not fuzzy at all, despite not wearing my glasses - had I noticed that, I would have immediately realised this is a dream. This just goes to show how good the dreaming mind can convince you that "Nothing to see here, move along", but a simple thing as "wait a minute, I'm not wearing glasses!" can jerk you out of this stupor. I'll have to remember that for the future, maybe I'll achieve lucidity afer all.

-