You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat She's older, yet she rocks! And here's why...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
merely human

Default She's older, yet she rocks! And here's why...

Sent to me by my sister, who is 42 years old wiser. So true:

Written by Andy Rooney, CBS 60 Minutes.

"As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of 30+ himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.' Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage."
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-18-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Doctor Watson

That reminds me - I'm out of strawberry jam.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
That reminds me - I'm out of strawberry jam.
My god, that's so existential of you.

Here, let me try it too.

That reminds me - I'm out of soy milk.

BTW, Trep, I owe you a big thanks! I forwarded your post to someone at my office whom I really like ans she has finally agreed to go out and have lunch with me tomorrow! Check's in the mail, my man!

BTW, I'm thinking Japanese. Nothing like Sushi to get you in the romantic mood. What do you think?
Old 11-18-2004, 01:48 PM   #4
Doctor Watson

Strawberry Jam.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:29 PM   #5
merely human

Whoah. I never thought those two little words could sound so arousing coming from a.....a lifeless invertebrate. Tell me, darling, can you French kiss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillhotstudruless
BTW, Trep, I owe you a big thanks! I forwarded your post to someone at my office whom I really like ans she has finally agreed to go out and have lunch with me tomorrow! Check's in the mail, my man!

BTW, I'm thinking Japanese. Nothing like Sushi to get you in the romantic mood. What do you think?
What do I think? First base, but no further for the time being. Just don't attempt to kiss her when you drop her off at her home. Act very bashful and embarrassed, then turn around go home, but show a little hesitation. Works every time. I'd give more direction but that'll require another check.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-19-2004, 02:34 AM   #6
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Whoah. I never thought those two little words could sound so arousing coming from a.....a lifeless invertebrate. Tell me, darling, can you French kiss?

I dunno. I've never tried.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:25 AM   #7
Doctor Watson

I could say something nasty but... I'll let it slide.

Last edited by deadworm222; 11-19-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:16 PM   #8
merely human

Quote:
I could say something nasty but...
Say it! Say it!

Quote:
I'll let it slide.
< dirty mind >
Old 12-06-2004, 04:42 PM   #9
Doctor Watson

I did a google search on "lifeless invertebrate", and ... this page is the first one on the list. Congratulations, Trep!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:44 PM   #10
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Say it! Say it!

< dirty mind >
O ****.

< triple dirty mind >
Old 12-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #11
Mostly absent

Quote:
I did a google search on "lifeless invertebrate", and ... this page is the first one on the list. Congratulations, Trep!
This is truly a day to remember.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:20 AM   #12
DAVE

I like 30 year old women because most I've met love sex and want to do it just as much as I do.

Giggidy Giggidy Gig-Gi-Dy!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:01 PM   #13
un cognac, sil-vous plait

Quote:
First base
I refuse to talk about "bases" of any kind. Meh.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #14
merely human

Heh heh, I've just read this thread again. And I still love it.

Almost makes me want to be a 33-year-old woman.

Almost.

< dangles a jar of strawberry jam at Wormsie >
Old 10-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #15
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

No wonder no one wants to go out with me! They're all under the misconception that I'm going to have screaming matches with them at the opera!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 PM   #16
merely human

Darling, you know I would always take you to the opera when you want. Let's go right now! It's opening night and La Boheme kicks off the season, and you look absolutely exquisite in your evening attire. Now, just slip on this silk gag and off we go....
Old 10-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #17
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

LOLlerblades!

I mean, mmrph mmrph!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:20 AM   #18
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I'm not over 30 yet, but I don't have shouting matches.

I do have a very loud voice, though, something I've inherited from my father's side of the family, so I don't actually have to shout to be heard.

You have to get worried when my voice gets high-pitched (well, more so than it already is. I do sing first soprano in the choir, after all), because that means I am upset or angry.

Still, very nice text.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:44 AM   #19
Lovable rogue

My alter ego is a thirty-something woman...

Oh, and I prefer raspberry jam, seedless. Maybe my alter ego could join the WI, those ladies make nice jam.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-21-2007, 03:52 AM   #20

Andy Roony commenting on this just shows you how much younger male generations can learn from the older male generation. I actually happen to agree with Andy on this one (as I find myself doing with most of his comments these days). Andy Roony ios very wise old man...