You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Top Chef - new series

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #1

Default Top Chef - new series

Did anyone here catch the series premiere? I loved Project Runway, so I had an easy time falling in love with this. I don't know much about food, but I do enjoy watching cooks make nice looking meals.

Now I feel like taking up cooking.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
Lazy Bee

I always like Jamie Oliver´s fast, lisping talking while he prepares his gorgeous looking meals. He seems like a genuine, nice bloke!
The number one TV cook over here is called Tina. She´s also done a couple of shows for US television. She´s OK.

Who is this terribel Martha btw? I saw an unbearable interview she did with Desperate Housewives actor Marcia Cross. (who never cooks btw, oh no) They were the worst stereotype american TV show personalities I´ve ever seen. Totally the opposite from the impression J.Oliver gives me.

Last edited by Jelena; 03-12-2006 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Who is this terrible Martha btw? The worst stereotype american TV show personality I´ve ever seen.
Martha Stewart, perhaps? A thin veneer of ingratiating sweetness covering a hard core of total control freak?
If so, she had a show called "Living" for a while, in which she proceeded to tell the viewing audience how to improve every little aspect of their lives. Then she got arrested for insider trading on the stock market and spent a few years in prison. She's out now and trying to regain her former status, but her time has pretty much passed.
She was the subject of a very unflattering TV movie that told the story of her life.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #4
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Martha Stewart, perhaps?
Yes, that´s the one.
Quote:
A thin veneer of ingratiating sweetness covering a hard core of total control freak
Good explanation of what I saw. False smiles etc.etc
Old 03-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Who is this terribel Martha btw?
I guess you haven't been watching Conan O'Brien then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Then she got arrested for insider trading on the stock market and spent a few years in prison.
She didn't spend years in prison... A few months or so. Or at least that's what I got from Conan (yes, it's an educational show, mostly). Or was she in there before? Seems kinda hard to believe
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
I guess you haven't been watching Conan O'Brien then
No longer than 5 minutes. Can´t stand him either.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
She didn't spend years in prison... A few months or so. Or at least that's what I got from Conan (yes, it's an educational show, mostly). Or was she in there before? Seems kinda hard to believe
I have no idea how long she was actually locked up. It just seemed like years to me because every comedian in the country couldn't seem to think of anything else to write jokes about while she was in.
Personally, I wasn't a fan of hers even before she got locked up. Her design aesthetic is a little too "Connecticut Whitebread" for my taste.

Share the love.

<3