You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Happiness is a new car

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
Easily amused

Default Happiness is a new car

Here's a picture of my new baby. I've lusted after this vehicle for a while now (yes, I know I have simple tastes ).
Name:  element-20050513051233824.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  39.8 KB
Old 02-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Friendly Server Admin

You can hose the interior clean on those.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
Easily amused

Not quite, but it is easy to clean since there is no upholstery. Now all I have to do is sweep after our 2 dogs go for a ride. Every other vehicle we've had becomes one big fur ball in no time flat.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
Lazy Bee

That´s a nice car!! I´v never seen anything like it over here.
Btw aren´t you a cat person???
Old 02-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Easily amused

Quote:
Btw aren´t you a cat person???
Very much so, but my hubby loves to have some canine pets as well. Tyler (husky X) and Midas (lab X) are part of our family. The 7 cats have learned to tolerate the dogs.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Coool!

I not only have fur problems but also dog nose prints on the windows!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
Banned User

Wow...my parents have the SAME EXACT CAR!

It's great.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Lazy Bee

Tell me about fur problems.... My retriver (Golden + Nova Scota Duck..etc etc) is starting to lose her winter fur. I´m about to go nuts!
Lucklily she´s got a cage of her own in the back of our car, so she doesn´t mess up there. In the house though there is fur all over.
Btw is there " a short" for Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever in english?
Old 02-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
Banned User

Just so you guys know, fur sticks to those seats like glue.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #10

Honda Element Very good taste indeed One of the better SUVs atm. Even Jeremy Clarkson had to admit it was a clever piece of automotive engineering and design.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
Easily amused

Quote:
Just so you guys know, fur sticks to those seats like glue.
So far any that's accumulated has come off pretty easily.

Quote:
My retriver (Golden + Nova Scota Duck..etc etc)
Wow, she must be energetic! I love Tollers, though I don't see that many of them.

Quote:
Honda Element Very good taste indeed One of the better SUVs atm
Why, thank you . I got a manual transmission and real time 4 wheel drive as well. It runs like a dream through the snow (of which we've had more than our fair share).
Old 02-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #12
Lovable rogue

I think that might be the very Honda James May reviewed on "Top Gear" that they refuse to sell in the UK, because we apparently "Have enough fine Honda models to choose from currently."
As I recall his conclusion was that it was the only Honda worth buying, stands to reason we are denied it.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 02-25-2006, 06:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
I think that might be the very Honda James May reviewed on "Top Gear" that they refuse to sell in the UK, because we apparently "Have enough fine Honda models to choose from currently."
As I recall his conclusion was that it was the only Honda worth buying, stands to reason we are denied it.
Right that was the one - I feel your pain, we don't get it here either Though I must disagree with James on it being the only Honda worth getting, the new Civic looks awesome as well (especially when the customized superchargers start coming out ), ofcourse he didn't know that at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet
Why, thank you . I got a manual transmission and real time 4 wheel drive as well. It runs like a dream through the snow (of which we've had more than our fair share).
Manual + 4WD as well, nice! I see Canada doesn't suffer from automatic-tranny crazyness as they do in the States. If Satan does exist, he expresses himself in three things: Dubbing, automatic transmissions and Republicans
Old 02-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #14

I've got a pick up truck. Solves alot of these problems.

Mike
Old 02-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher of the skies
I've got a pick up truck. Solves alot of these problems.

Mike
Let me 'guess'..

*consults glass ball

I see a red Ford F-150
Old 02-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #16
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
If Satan does exist, he expresses himself in three things: Dubbing, automatic transmissions and Republicans
I can't speak for the rest of the US, but automatics are popular here in Upper Alabama because of all the hills. Rowing a manual around here is a real drag, and there are lots of intersections where you have to stop while you're pointed skyward.
In flatter places like coastal Georgia, manual transmissions are much more popular.

I agree with you about the other two, though.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I can't speak for the rest of the US, but automatics are popular here in Upper Alabama because of all the hills. Rowing a manual around here is a real drag, and there are lots of intersections where you have to stop while you're pointed skyward.
In flatter places like coastal Georgia, manual transmissions are much more popular.

I agree with you about the other two, though.
I see Still, I'd think that'd be all the more reason to get a manual - more control over torque. The Netherlands is flat as hell, but Amsterdam has many intersections and traffic lights right at the base of bridges, in some cases insanely steep ones (over 30 degrees at least, especially the older bridges over the canals) yet it's not bothersome with a manual tranny in the least. Also, whenever I go visit my uncle and cousin/niece living in Nice (South of France), I'm glad as hell to be driving a manual and not an automatic, with all those U-turns way up in the mountains I guess it could become tiresome if you live in such an area though, but I just find it more exciting BTW, is it true that in the US when you get your license in an automatic that you're not qualified to drive in a manual?
Old 02-25-2006, 08:37 PM   #18
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
I see Still, I'd think that'd be all the more reason to get a manual - more control over torque.
In a smaller car with less torque, maximizing what you've got is important. Traditional American cars make so much torque that it's not really an issue, though.
Quote:
I guess it could become tiresome if you live in such an area though, but I just find it more exciting
It can be fun for a while, but then it gets to be a chore. I've owned three cars with manuals, but their racy luster pales pretty fast when you have to cross several hills every day on the way to work.
Quote:
BTW, is it true that in the US when you get your license in an automatic that you're not qualified to drive in a manual?
I think that's the case in the UK. Here, such things vary from state to state, and I've never heard of a state that differentiates between automatics and manuals on their driver's licenses.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-25-2006, 08:42 PM   #19
Friendly Server Admin

Yeah, In CA you're licensed for cars in general, and that's baout it (ignoring stuff like truck/bus licenses). A lot of people never actually *learn* to drive a manual transmission, though, so I guess that's kind of a restriction

Personally, I'm fine with an automatic. I want to get from place a to place b, and I don't care about the "driving experience" so much as I care about just getting there.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:01 PM   #20
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Btw is there " a short" for Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever in english?
Yes, around here (in Nova Scotia) we just call them Tollers. I <3 them, great dogs.