You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Happy Birthday Cellardoor!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #21

A boat of that magnitude would never make it through the canals Erwin, atleast not without tearing up a few bridges Ah Queensday, the drunken memories
Old 02-03-2006, 03:32 AM   #22

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

Quote:
i dont know how to play a guitar...how hard would it be learning to play a banjo from scratch?
Only slightly harder than it would be to learn play the guitar. The banjo has metal strings (as do many guitars, by the way) which are tuned in a way that it requires more pressure to play chords on a banjo than on a guitar... Because of this the banjo isn't an ideal instrument for the beginning musician, but it certainly wouldn't be impossible to learn to play from scratch. I'd say just give it a chance.

Quote:
I presume is was taken on the canals of Amsterdam during Queens day?
Actually, this picture was taken in the canals of Port Grimaud, which is like Venice but it southern France. During Queens day, we play yearly in Veenendaal, on the bazar, in front of restaurant "Zeldzaam eten en drinken".

Quote:
good luck with the band, feel free to share some of your music with us, I love jazz!
There's a song here on the band's site, called "At the Darktown Strutters Ball", a traditional Jazz song as performed by us.

As I mentioned before, this is a students jazz band. This means there have been many generations of musicians in the same band, which "pass on the torch" every few years. My own last performance was in december last year... There's a new banjoman in the band now, just as there have been five banjomen or so before me.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:14 AM   #23
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor
There's a song here on the band's site, called "At the Darktown Strutters Ball", a traditional Jazz song as performed by us.
Ooh, that was good .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.