You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Best records/songs of the year

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 AM   #1
capsized.

Default Best records/songs of the year

Normally I really hate these lists, because, let's face it- they're boring as hell and twice as useless. I'll post mine anyway.

Albums
1. Thrice - Vheissu
2. The Fall Of Troy - Doppelgänger
3. Muff Potter - Von wegen
4. Comeback Kid - Wake the dead
5. Bright Eyes - I'm wide awake, it's morning

Songs
1. Minus The Bear - Pachuca sunrise
2. Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight goodnight
3. Alkaline Trio - Time to waste
4. Death Cab For Cutie - Soul meets body
5. The Robocop Kraus - You don't have to shout

Coming up next: Yours!
Old 12-16-2005, 05:03 AM   #2
Fulci lives

The soundtrack to the film Oldboy!
Awesome film, equally awesome soundtrack.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
Chris Barraclough

I think it's been a sh*te year for music, most of the stuff I've got has been best of collections (Prodigy, Offspring etc). A couple of good ones were Gorillaz (Demon Days) and Kanye West (Late Registration). I'd find it a lot easier to list the top 100 piece of sh*t albums of the year. James Blunt would be right up there at the top, he makes me want to shave my own ears off.

Look at the heap of arse competing to be number one this Christmas. Sheep singing jingle bells and the **** ****ing ****** crazy frog? Nutsacks to that!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4492176.stm

Sorry, rant over.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk

Last edited by seebaruk; 12-16-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:35 AM   #4
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
I think it's been a sh*te year for music, most of the stuff I've got has been best of collections (Prodigy, Offspring etc).
And you're still wondering, that... ?

Quote:
A couple of good ones were Gorillaz (demon Days) and Kanye West (Late Registration). I'd find it a lot easier to list the top 100 piece of sh*t albums of the year.

Well, it'd be a list, after all.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:51 AM   #5
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Well, it'd be a list, after all.
Hehe, OK, if you really want it, here's my top ten (I'll limit it to 10 or you'll really, really get sick of my ranting) list of crap albums... (of course, bad language may be present so be warned.)

1. That James Blunt one (in the words of the late great Bill Hicks, he must have sucked Satan's c*ck to get famous)
2. Bloody G4 (thanks a f***ing bunch, X Factor or Pop Idol or whatever show spawned these f***wits)
3. Robbie Williams (please just go away now before your ego expands any more and causes your stupid ugly head to explode. Actually, on second thought...)
4. Will Effing Young (see 2)
5. Westlife (bunch of dribbly talentless 14-year-old-girl-loving tossy Irish arse)
6. Gwen Stefani (just cos no doubt did one or two OK songs it doesn't mean you can break off and release a huge turd like this on the world. Holla back? You won't be able to holla anything with a sword rammed down your ****ing throat)
7. Pussycat Slags (Dont cha? Stickwitu? What are you all, like 12 years old? And why does it take 6 of you slappers to form this sh**ty band when only one of you seems to sing and none of you have any talent whatsoever? F*** right off!!!)
8. Coldplay (I just don't plain like them. And what kind of name is Apple?)
9. Madonna (I like her cheesy old stuff being a child of the 80s. Her new stuff is toss)
10. Girls Aloud (see 2 yet again, these shows should be ****ing banned)

*Exhales deeply* Okay, I think I've got it out my system now. Thanks for letting me vent!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 12-16-2005, 06:59 AM   #6
capsized.

Always a pleasure!

Quote:
2. Bloody G4 (thanks a f***ing bunch, X Factor or Pop Idol or whatever show spawned these f***wits)
Uh....... how many of these (sometimes) ridiculously hilarious casting shows do you have over there? (assuming X Factor and Pop Idol belong to these kind of shows).
Old 12-16-2005, 07:06 AM   #7
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Always a pleasure!

Uh....... how many of these (sometimes) ridiculously hilarious casting shows do you have over there? (assuming X Factor and Pop Idol belong to these kind of shows).
X Factor is also done by Simon Cowel, so its sorta a replacement for Pop Idol now but they have taken off all the restrictions, now we get groups and singles of all ages. Including reeeeealy old people singing the old traditional songs

The only song I can think of that was out this year is that

"You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful, I'ts True"

song, and its kinda good so thats all that would be on my "list"
Old 12-16-2005, 07:11 AM   #8
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
X Factor is also done by Simon Cowel, so its sorta a replacement for Pop Idol now but they have taken off all the restrictions, now we get groups and singles of all ages. Including reeeeealy old people singing the old traditional songs

The only song I can think of that was out this year is that

"You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful, I'ts True"

song, and its kinda good so thats all that would be on my "list"
Nooooooo, that's f***ing James Blunt! He's fooled you into liking his mush too! Soon there'll be no one left!

He's got a name right out of a Viz comic. James Blunt, he's such a....runt?

And yeah, we have a lot of those types of shows, at least a couple a year, which means plenty more dross being released every year.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:22 AM   #9
capsized.

Uh-oh. I've got the gut feeling that if these shows are any popular, they're going to be adapted for German TV. Soon. (Can't wait..)

What I really hated this year were these "super stylish gentlemen with British accents badly trying to play daddy's rock'n'roll" kind of bands (Maximo Park, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party). Bah.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #10
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Uh-oh. I've got the gut feeling that if these shows are any popular, they're going to be adapted for German TV. Soon. (Can't wait..)

What I really hated this year were these "super stylish gentlemen with British accents badly trying to play daddy's rock'n'roll" kind of bands (Maximo Park, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party). Bah.
Yep, it's weird, I went travelling start of last year and there were none of these bands around, then I get back around August and suddenly there's hundreds of them. I can't keep track, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol, they all blend into one. They suck pretty bad too, and if I was to do a top 100 they'd all be in there.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebaruk
Madonna (I like her cheesy old stuff being a child of the 80s. Her new stuff is toss)
I am a fan of her old stuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebaruk
1. That James Blunt one...
I like that one...

On Sam's list I've only heard of Death Cab For Cutie.

Oh wait, I also really like the Gorillaz CD too.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #12
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:

Wait...franz ferdinand? I like their style

Besides Theyre Scottish, I dont think its possible for a scott to pull off a stylish brittish accent
Old 12-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #13
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Wait...franz ferdinand? I like their style

Besides Theyre Scottish, I dont think its possible for a scott to pull off a stylish brittish accent

Oups! (What can I do? You all sound the same!) *runs*
Old 12-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #14
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
I like that one...
Don't worry, I'm getting the feeling I'm the only one who thinks his misery-inducing b**locks is a huge pile

Old 12-16-2005, 07:32 AM   #15
capsized.

Quote:
Don't worry, I'm getting the feeling I'm the only one who thinks his misery-inducing b**locks is a huge pile

You've got to admit, it's not *that* bad. Mh?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:39 AM   #16
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
You've got to admit, it's not *that* bad. Mh?
Oh ho, don't get me started man!

It's worse than the sound of a thousand screaming children, a million squealing alarms, the very sound of Satan and his demons tearing apart the souls of millions with hideous piercing laughter.

It sucks ass.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:43 AM   #17
capsized.

LOL! Oh how I wish I were allowed to post a rant in my mother tongue.. at least once. (And I still don't think it's that bad. But.. I even like Coldplay, though normally I've got that habit to tell all Coldplay geeks to listen to Pedro The Lion instead.)
Old 12-16-2005, 07:52 AM   #18
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
LOL! Oh how I wish I were allowed to post a rant in my mother tongue.. at least once. (And I still don't think it's that bad. But.. I even like Coldplay, though normally I've got that habit to tell all Coldplay geeks to listen to Pedro The Lion instead.)
You'll have to teach me some German some time so I can rant in that too. All I know is 'scheize' (sp?), and 'scheize kopf' as well if that's even legit?

Pedro the Lion sounds like some twisted kiddies TV star, I'm intrigued!

Old 12-16-2005, 07:53 AM   #19
kamikaze hummingbirds

SONGS
Amusement Parks On Fire - Blackout
Gorillaz - Dirty Harry
Editors - Munich

ALBUMS
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Editors - The Back Room
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Old 12-16-2005, 08:21 AM   #20
capsized.

Quote:
You'll have to teach me some German some time so I can rant in that too. All I know is 'scheize' (sp?), and 'scheize kopf' as well if that's even legit?
It's Scheisse. Verf**kter, dreckiger Hurenmist. Drecksschlampe, Arschkeks, ... okay, enough is enough (bad language).

Quote:
Pedro the Lion sounds like some twisted kiddies TV star, I'm intrigued!
*g* http://www.purevolume.com/pedrothelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite

ALBUMS
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Wait, wait. Does that mean it's actually good?