You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #5401
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You find that sexy?
Yes, I do.

Quote:
Actually, with that turtleneck, I look like a beatnik. Is there such a thing as a Filipino beatnik?
Admittedly, I'm not crazy about the turtleneck either. Something with a collar and an open neckline would make you look more...approachable.
I can see you in a white starched shirt, but worn very casually with the top few buttons undone and a pair of well-broken-in Levis. Classy, yet comfortable.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #5402
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Yes, I do.
Hmmm....

Quote:
Admittedly, I'm not crazy about the turtleneck either.
Admittedly, I don't expect to be wearing turtlenecks for a long time....at least, not while I'm living in south California.

Quote:
Something with a collar and an open neckline would make you look more...approachable.

I can see you in a white starched shirt, but worn very casually with the top few buttons undone and a pair of well-broken-in Levis. Classy, yet comfortable.
You've just described my typical summer look for the past 10 years or so - white linen shirt, sleeves rolled up above the elbows, unbuttoned to mid chest, black belt, old bootcut jeans, sandals (bare feet, natch), and including this new essential oil medley I just bought - Malagasy Musk*. Oh, and sunglassess - you cannot not wear them in L.A., it's so bloody glaring bright here.

* Sandalwood, Peru Balsam, Patchouli, Clary Sage, Ambrette Seed, Black Pepper, Oak Moss, Myrrh, Green Mandarin, Buddhawood, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 04-18-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #5403
Bad Influence

I must be psychic, then...or more perceptive than I thought.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-18-2006, 10:34 PM   #5404
merely human

Too bad you're not here to smell my new scent.........on me.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #5405
Bad Influence

Quote:
Too bad you're not here to smell my new scent.........on me.
Hmmm...let's see:
Quote:
Malagasy Musk- Sandalwood, Peru Balsam, Patchouli, Clary Sage, Ambrette Seed, Black Pepper, Oak Moss, Myrrh, Green Mandarin, Buddhawood, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang.
A subtle, earthy fragrance base with diverse exotic notes to add interest and complexity. I'm familiar with all the ingredients except the Ambrette Seed. Even without knowing the ingredient proportions, I have a fair idea what it smells like: A glade deep in a primeval forest in a faraway exotic land, unspoiled, sultry, and dark, yet dappled with brilliant flashes of canopy-filtered sunlight here and there.
Is that reasonably close?

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #5406
Chris Barraclough

This morning I smell mostly like a guy who didn't have time to shower before work. Damn the easter break flew by.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-19-2006, 02:04 AM   #5407
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Trep, I have to agree with Scott - not only do you look sexier, but you look more like a guy who knows where he's going and what he wants to do. Maybe it's time to let the little boy look pass on.

Lynsie
Old 04-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #5408
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Am I the only person here with enough of an agrarian background to have seen a placenta in real life before?.
No, as stated in the other thread: I´ve seen two, after giving birth.
Quote:
They're icky, but they get ignored because there's a newborn critter taking it's first breaths right beside them.
Exactly.
Giving birth is something I´ll remember for the rest of my life. I´m pretty sure I can recollect every minute of the actual "pushing out" for both of my children. I also remember having to "squeeze out" the afterbirth and believe me: that was so much worse. The important work was done and I wasn´t interested in pushing anymore, I just got so annoyed to the point of being rude. And I can´t blame any pain relief drugs since I didn´t take any, not even laughing gas.
Quote:
The smell of amniotic fluid triggers a deep-down parental urge, and you will forever feel a special protective feeling and attachment to whatever it is you see being born.
Never though about it as chemisty, but of course it must be.
There´s something very special about the scent of a newborn baby. You might think they smell icky, but it´s the most wonderful scent imagined. <3
Old 04-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #5409
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Die, thread!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:03 AM   #5410
Chris Barraclough

Too much talk about birth, especially before lunch, time for this thread to die.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-19-2006, 03:05 AM   #5411
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I concur.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:59 AM   #5412

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

Placentas.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #5413
Chris Barraclough

Mmm, where? I'm starving!

Old 04-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #5414

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

Katie Holmes is willing to give a donation, I hear.

I'll have the salt and pepper ready when you get back.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #5415
Lovable rogue

Didn't you hear? All good fish and chip shops are now serving battered placentae!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-19-2006, 10:06 AM   #5416
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

They'll be closed down soon enough. Like this thread.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #5417
Lazy Bee

I hope everyone will run out on Placenta jokes soon.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 AM   #5418
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

I'm sure there's pla(ce)nta' more jokes to go yet.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #5419
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

No Lacey, I think you'll find we've run out already.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #5420
Lovable rogue

I'm sure we could squeeze out another one just for Lena.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena